Crap or get off the pot about CRT. Name the school district that teaches it.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
As with everything else, it's going to be practiced wherever it is believed to be true by those we've trusted as instructors and educators.

Living in a conservative Christian area, I see many examples of educators passing on their moral/religious beliefs to students. I wouldn't, however, have firsthand knowledge of CRT in practice. We just don't do that around here.

A few quick examples of CRT practice from recent news articles would include incidents like what happened at R.I. Meyerholz Elementary School in California, where third graders were told to see themselves as either oppressor or oppressed.

The case where Ndona Muboyayi, a black mother in Evanston, IL, who is pushing back on her children’s’ school for teaching them that, if you’re Black, “You can’t get ahead” in life.

In the form of a new math curriculum put forth by the state of Oregon that considers expecting black kids to get the right answer a form of white supremacy.

The Arizona Department of Education created a program for parents to ensure their children aren’t racist. The “equity toolkit” claims that babies as young as 3 months old can be racist because “they look more at faces that match the face of their caregiver.” The materials also insist that people who “have a black friend, partner, or child” can “still be racist.”

The San Diego Unified School District pushed training that told white teachers they were guilty of “spirit murdering” black children and abolished due dates for homework in an attempt to become “an anti-racist school district.”

If you strongly believe in something, it will come out in your discussions. Don't believe me, try talking to a vegan. Lol
You’re list comes from a site run by a former trump official, excuse me if I don’t believe it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
As with everything else, it's going to be practiced wherever it is believed to be true by those we've trusted as instructors and educators.

Living in a conservative Christian area, I see many examples of educators passing on their moral/religious beliefs to students. I wouldn't, however, have firsthand knowledge of CRT in practice. We just don't do that around here.

A few quick examples of CRT practice from recent news articles would include incidents like what happened at R.I. Meyerholz Elementary School in California, where third graders were told to see themselves as either oppressor or oppressed.

The case where Ndona Muboyayi, a black mother in Evanston, IL, who is pushing back on her children’s’ school for teaching them that, if you’re Black, “You can’t get ahead” in life.

In the form of a new math curriculum put forth by the state of Oregon that considers expecting black kids to get the right answer a form of white supremacy.

The Arizona Department of Education created a program for parents to ensure their children aren’t racist. The “equity toolkit” claims that babies as young as 3 months old can be racist because “they look more at faces that match the face of their caregiver.” The materials also insist that people who “have a black friend, partner, or child” can “still be racist.”

The San Diego Unified School District pushed training that told white teachers they were guilty of “spirit murdering” black children and abolished due dates for homework in an attempt to become “an anti-racist school district.”

If you strongly believe in something, it will come out in your discussions. Don't believe me, try talking to a vegan. Lol

Whenever I google lists of stuff like this and everything is Epoch Times, Washington Examiner, and NY Post I have concerns that's what's being asserted is not only lacking factually but in a lot of cases just simple propaganda.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

(parent complaint. No one teaching CRT)

(You need to link that one)

(Need link to evaluate)

(Again no CRT taught to students)

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Living with the White Race

I have to set the record straight. Even though I oppose many European practices, I do not hate them. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t have this burning sensation of white hate inside my soul that is driving me to seek knowledge about my history, my present and my future.

As a matter of fact, too many blacks are driven by hate. This hate causes them to crash before they get to their destinations of insight or reform. I’m a firm believer that hate impedes your judgment and directs your mind toward notions it wouldn’t otherwise consider.

I certainly understand those blacks who have been wrapped up in a tornado of hate because they could not escape the encircling winds of truth about the destructive hand of the white man. I also understand that extracting hate from an informed black person with a high level of black consciousness would involve transcending race. But transcending race in this society is like breaking out of a glass box.

Nevertheless, other than not wanting hate to be the weed that stunts my intellectual growth, I don’t hate white folk because I’m a Christian. How can you hate a group of people for being who they are? Similarly, how can you hate a turtle because it won’t keep up? That would be like parents hating their children because they are different. All of our children aren’t the same. Europeans are completely different from Asians who are completely different from Hispanics and so on and so forth

Europeans are simply a different breed of human. They are socialized to be aggressive people. They are taught to live by the credo, “survival of the fittest.” They are raised to be racist.

Caucasians make up only 10 percent of the world’s population and that small percentage of people have recessive genes. Therefore they’re facing extinction. Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play.

Europeans are trying to survive and I can’t hate them for that. However, I’m not going to just sit back and let them physically, mentally, socially, spiritually and economically destroy my people.

Although I don’t hate whites, I would still prefer to be in the field as opposed to the house.

-Ibram Rogers, 21, is a senior magazine production and African American studies student from Manassas, Va. He can be reached at ibramrogers@aol.com. Ibram Rogers’ column will appear every Wednesday.

Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play.

LOL. The Aids Virus and Cloning.... Don't forget the crack etc we spread in Harlem ...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play.

LOL. The Aids Virus and Cloning.... Don't forget the crack etc we spread in Harlem ...
Once more how does this answer the question in the OP?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Once more how does this answer the question in the OP?

It doesn't.

I just got a good laugh out of it.

Sorry, maybe someone will answer your question for you, one day.

I personally don't give a poop about CRT.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Another day of crickets. Would it be shocking if the answer is it isn't taught in any district in the country and we have yet again another made up bullshit culture item. In the same vein as

Sharia Law
Taking a knee
Obama born in Kenya

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Reading the latest from Republicans, CRT has now been redefined as failure to give Holocaust denialism an equal footing in the classrooms, and hurting precious snowflake's feels by teaching of the realities of slave conditions in the pre-war South.

Last edited:

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
How do you not understand that policy must be made based on his feels that are the result of some 21 year old college guy on the Internet (school newspaper) with a professional AOL email address?!

I hope his peers critically engage him on this content.

The fact that this has made its way into an AnandTech political forum discussion board is emblematic of the problem the OP is pointing out. People are scouring the essays of college kids at HBCUs to support this boogeyman.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sums it up. They don't know what it is and it doesn't exist in school districts.

Republicans are experts at selling made up boogeymen
It's exactly that. They have no idea what critical race theory is and at this point they don't care. To Republicans now teaching critical race theory means 'teaching things I don't like'.

It's like when they used to complain about judicial activism and then suddenly shut up about it when the court started to act in a radically activist manner but just in their favor. They never cared, they just wanted the court to rule in their favor.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's exactly that. They have no idea what critical race theory is and at this point they don't care. To Republicans now teaching critical race theory means 'teaching things I don't like'.

It's like when they used to complain about judicial activism and then suddenly shut up about it when the court started to act in a radically activist manner but just in their favor. They never cared, they just wanted the court to rule in their favor.

Yep, they were so outraged about judicial activism that they expected the courts to overturn an election they lost.

And now, with their CRT pearl clutching, they've gone from outrage over revisionist history and "erasing history" to an expectation that they should be able to revise or erase any history they don't like, or makes them feel uncomfortable.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yep, they were so outraged about judicial activism that they expected the courts to overturn an election they lost.

And now, with their CRT pearl clutching, they've gone from outrage over revisionist history and "erasing history" to an expectation that they should be able to revise or erase any history they don't like, or makes them feel uncomfortable.
I'm starting to believe their stated reverence for history was not genuine!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Its frightening how effective right wing thought leaders are at scaring their base into believing just about anything.
Twitter and FB are rife with right-wing influencers presenting images of CRT supposedly being in taught in schools, but if you ask them which schools the images are from, they won't tell you.
But the end result is like that poster above who made claims of supposed school policies, but then disappeared when asked to provide proof.
What liberals often fail to understand is that gossip is proof to conservatives. Because questioning conservative authority means one is not a conservative.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Its frightening how effective right wing thought leaders are at scaring their base into believing just about anything.
I think it's because both right wing elites and the right wing rank and file are genuinely indifferent to if people are lying to them or not.

I read something pretty interesting this morning exploring this idea and that's one of the things that stuck out to me. When liberals lie they generally do so in service of a larger policy goal. Maybe they lie and say a bill will cost less than it will, things like that. Republicans though just don't care. As Republican voters have no policy goals other than to have Republicans be in power there's no punishment for lying or being non-credible because the voters don't care.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I think it's because both right wing elites and the right wing rank and file are genuinely indifferent to if people are lying to them or not.

I read something pretty interesting this morning exploring this idea and that's one of the things that stuck out to me. When liberals lie they generally do so in service of a larger policy goal. Maybe they lie and say a bill will cost less than it will, things like that. Republicans though just don't care. As Republican voters have no policy goals other than to have Republicans be in power there's no punishment for lying or being non-credible because the voters don't care.

More evidence that these people are bad hombres. They lack core basic decent values. From the leaders to the peasant voters.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Unfortunately, a big problem in the CRT debate comes from otherwise well-meaning persons like the OP who let right-wingers control the narrative. We should not be asking, where is CRT even taught? because that reinforces the false premise that CRT is bad. Instead, we need to press the questions, what is CRT and what makes it bad?
Because the reality is that CRT is the idea that race is a fabricated concept, with no scientific basis, that was developed over time to create systems and institutions that would prop up certain groups while keeping other groups down. And only a racist would disagree with that.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Unfortunately, a big problem in the CRT debate comes from otherwise well-meaning persons like the OP who let right-wingers control the narrative. We should not be asking, where is CRT even taught? because that reinforces the false premise that CRT is bad. Instead, we need to press the questions, what is CRT and what makes it bad?
Because the reality is that CRT is the idea that race is a fabricated concept, with no scientific basis, that was developed over time to create systems and institutions that would prop up certain groups while keeping other groups down. And only a racist would disagree with that.
Sounds like you are saying that a critique of the idea that denies the validity of the notion of race would wind up being called a critical race theory. If people believe that something is real that isn’t, how would one otherwise talk about it without identifying what myth or delusion, etc you refer to without referencing it by name.

And don’t forget, those of us who were made to feel worthless generally will always self identify with some sacred cow so we can flatter ourselves for at least something.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

Oh they know what it is

It's now a blank check to remove anything they don't like. See the list of banned words in WI (?).