Covidiots thread

Page 180 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, I know a lot of people that have caught covid, most vaccinated, and those who caught covid and were fully vaccinated DID RECOVER but still, at a price. That price, lost work for 2 weeks, feeling sick like with the flu, and THAT TERRIBLE HACKING COUGH.
One fully vaccinated Walmart worker that I know, who has never smoked, yet came down with covid and coughed his head off as if he had smoked 5 packs of cigarettes every day of his life.

The bottom line for me is....
A) It's better to not have covid than to have it regardless of vaccination status.
B) I will keep wearing a mask when out shopping.
C) It's not only the covid, it's also protecting myself from the seasonal flu.
D) I don't know what those assholes or their kids might have as an infection, all I know is I don't want to catch it, whatever the F... it may be.
E) I know not of a single stranger shopping in a store or in a Walmart that I would be willing to risk catching covid from. Sorry lady, but you're just not worth the risk.

And F) I think it's way too early to let our guard down. There is no need to cop this attitude that covid should be simply ignored and for society to just live with it and live with the risks. We "could" actually eliminate this pestilence, or "could have" eliminated this pestilence by now if "some" F-ing people were not such assholes.
WHY should THEY get their way?
After all.... comparing a mask and the wearing of a mask to say to wearing a seatbelt are both things we just do to keep safe. I don't see truckers protesting the wearing of seatbelts.

I'd like to know when exactly it was that the world went completely F-ing nutz? We never were like this before. Was it Trump? Air pollution? Fluoride in the water? Brothers and sisters having sex together? Cell tower microwaves? Pod people aliens from outer space?
I just don't get it.

Reactions: H T C and MtnMan

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Tomorrow is the start of what will most likely be a two week mask break here in ca. Once again the world will be able to gaze on my dashing good looks, until Gavin decides we need to cover up again.
Now that two weeks have passed, did Gavin order a new mask mandate?

You don't have to answer, Moron.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I did a little googling but haven't seen much as far as updates. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow during rush hour traffic.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

Kind of sad, he's like the crazy homeless guy on public transit that you quietly back away from.

Still whining about getting a vaccine, when in reality there are tons of vaccine mandates in most places for your kids to go to school, or to deploy when in the military, etc...

These crybaby lemmings aren't even thinking a little bit, just playing follow the leader to protest something.

If they want something to protest, how about protesting at a Russian Embassy, for the ongoing invasion of peaceful country, and associated war crimes.

Reactions: feralkid and KMFJD

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well, I know a lot of people that have caught covid, most vaccinated, and those who caught covid and were fully vaccinated DID RECOVER but still, at a price. That price, lost work for 2 weeks, feeling sick like with the flu, and THAT TERRIBLE HACKING COUGH.
One fully vaccinated Walmart worker that I know, who has never smoked, yet came down with covid and coughed his head off as if he had smoked 5 packs of cigarettes every day of his life.

The bottom line for me is....
A) It's better to not have covid than to have it regardless of vaccination status.
B) I will keep wearing a mask when out shopping.
C) It's not only the covid, it's also protecting myself from the seasonal flu.
D) I don't know what those assholes or their kids might have as an infection, all I know is I don't want to catch it, whatever the F... it may be.
E) I know not of a single stranger shopping in a store or in a Walmart that I would be willing to risk catching covid from. Sorry lady, but you're just not worth the risk.

And F) I think it's way too early to let our guard down. There is no need to cop this attitude that covid should be simply ignored and for society to just live with it and live with the risks. We "could" actually eliminate this pestilence, or "could have" eliminated this pestilence by now if "some" F-ing people were not such assholes.
WHY should THEY get their way?
After all.... comparing a mask and the wearing of a mask to say to wearing a seatbelt are both things we just do to keep safe. I don't see truckers protesting the wearing of seatbelts.

I'd like to know when exactly it was that the world went completely F-ing nutz? We never were like this before. Was it Trump? Air pollution? Fluoride in the water? Brothers and sisters having sex together? Cell tower microwaves? Pod people aliens from outer space?
I just don't get it.
I agree for the most part. One thing I would add, is long covid symptoms. They suck. Im still dealing with them 2 years later.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Whoever all voted a million deaths in the covid poll, I hate that you're all correct.

Not the original thread but I don't care

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Whoever all voted a million deaths in the covid poll, I hate that you're all correct.

Not the original thread but I don't care
The US has 4.2% of the total population.
The US has 16.7% of the total COVID deaths.

The US is #1 in the number of COVID cases.
The US is #1 in the number of COVID deaths.

Could not have done that without the tremendous head start that Trump provided.

USA... USA... USA... USA... we're #1

Reactions: Dave_5k

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The US has 4.2% of the total population.
The US has 16.7% of the total COVID deaths.

The US is #1 in the number of COVID cases.
The US is #1 in the number of COVID deaths.

Could not have done that without the tremendous head start that Trump provided.

USA... USA... USA... USA... we're #1
Pew research center data shows how covid death rates correlated with political leanings over the last 2 years. Very sad.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Conservatives were literally dying to own the libs—trying to skew the numbers themselves to show Biden having more Covid deaths on his watch vs. Trump.
Whatever rids us of their ignorance is a good thing.

I am all out of fucks to give for these people... ran out almost 2 years ago.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

I guess she finally got off the ventilator and out of the COVID ward. She was on death watch over at sorryantivaxxer for quite some time.

Clearly this is Biden's fault because something something

870a07_4bcfe414a9784f5d8a3fe9ac185e6ac2~mv2.webp

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Kind of sad, he's like the crazy homeless guy on public transit that you quietly back away from.

Still whining about getting a vaccine, when in reality there are tons of vaccine mandates in most places for your kids to go to school, or to deploy when in the military, etc...

These crybaby lemmings aren't even thinking a little bit, just playing follow the leader to protest something.

If they want something to protest, how about protesting at a Russian Embassy, for the ongoing invasion of peaceful country, and associated war crimes.
if they want something to protest they should be protesting the gross amounts of ignorance being spewed everyday on social media by the so-called "experts" who tell you to do your research.