Covidiots thread

Page 127 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The minors are there because they love the sport, and hope to make it big. At that point they haven't developed the attitude and ego about how fucking wonderful they are.
I think you're being a bit unfair there. Some of them are actually humble people. A certain degree of humility is necessary to truly succeed in life.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
But that's you right? Just because someone had a different budget or interest doesn't make them an asshole.

I went to the broncos home opener and it was fun as hell.

I had to pay a decent amount for tickets, and so I rarely go. But I also was chatting with some others who've had season tickets since the 70s and it's a big tradition with friends and family.

Met one old timer on the train that's been going since 1977. Regular working class guy, now retired, takes the train in ($6), packs his lunch and enjoys the hell out of it.

The season tickets often go in people's wills.

I know that most of the original American Football League teams offered lifetime season tickets to fans back in the day.

Here's a new one: "Cupping" sucks the vaccine out of your body. Lordy! ..Is there anything these idiots won't believe

I dunno ... Maybe we should let them have that one. Hey, don’t worry about getting the vaccine, if you have any problems then you can just get it suction cupped out.

Hey, these aren't the best or brightest of us that you are talking about here. Do you really expect them to understand how this shit works?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
"It is not possible to remove a vaccine from the body with cupping therapy after it has been injected, experts say."

It shouldn't require "experts" to come to that conclusion. Sadly, even with "expert" advice, some will be trying it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Dec 10, 2005
"It is not possible to remove a vaccine from the body with cupping therapy after it has been injected, experts say."

It shouldn't require "experts" to come to that conclusion. Sadly, even with "expert" advice, some will be trying it.
I don't support disinformation, but I am perfectly happy to see morons getting vaccinated thinking they can undo it than to just see said morons go around totally unvaccinated.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't support disinformation, but I am perfectly happy to see morons getting vaccinated thinking they can undo it than to just see said morons go around totally unvaccinated.
Must be some choice T shirts going around. I'd like one that says

"Get vaxxed or leave me alone"

Fully Vaxxed

I'm Vaxxed

Vaxxolicious!

Vax me, baby!

Vaxxology for sale

She blinded me with anti-vaxology

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So Florida's new Surgeon General apparently remarked that "being infected with Covid-19 provides great protection from the coronavirus."

A Floridian named Charles Chamberlain then wrote the following letter to the editor.

"I am aware that he is correct because of a recent experience with a member of my family. He had a severe infection from COVID-19. He is past that now and is completely immune -- not only for COVID-19 but flu and other respiratory infections as well. Of course, we are burying this family member next week."

Ouch.

Mar 11, 2004
Honestly, let them believe that, so that they then get the vaccine and will believe it got sucked out of them. Give them a sticker "icup" to boot.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
So Florida's new Surgeon General apparently remarked that "being infected with Covid-19 provides great protection from the coronavirus."

A Floridian named Charles Chamberlain then wrote the following letter to the editor.

"I am aware that he is correct because of a recent experience with a member of my family. He had a severe infection from COVID-19. He is past that now and is completely immune -- not only for COVID-19 but flu and other respiratory infections as well. Of course, we are burying this family member next week."

Ouch.

Flarida is one shithole. Was that clown appointed by DeSantis? Yes:

Ladapo has expressed skepticism of Covid-19 health measures, including mask-wearing and vaccinations. He's also among a group of doctors who have supported unproven and disproved therapies, including ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

What a circus.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Flarida is one shithole. Was that clown appointed by DeSantis? Yes:

What a circus.

I'm sure UCLA is looking for ways to disown him.
WOW data without a source... let's guess... you pulled it out of your ass. Lots of numbers and statistics, and it's all bullshit.

Check out the #5 source of infection in a health care setting... their fucking hands...
I never make this stuff up.

Pittet et al. "Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene"

After implementing a very aggressive handwashing program across an entire hospital system, MRSA infections came down from 2 per 10,000 patient days to 1 per 10,000 days. This technically is a 50% decline in the rate but you can see its a tiny absolute risk reduction. Handwashing liquid used per day increased by 5x fold across the hospital system with a reduction in infection by that much. Staph infections are actually the best disease I think to track for handwashing effectiveness because its directly transmitted by physical contact. Some other studies look at things like respiratory infections and blood stream infections which are more murky because contact isn't necessarily how those things develop.

This is another paper looking at 38 hospitals in France again

The MRSA infection rate decreased 50% but the actual rate was almost 1 per 2000 patient days or something like that when you aggregate all those hospitals.

So when you're talking relating hundreds of thousands of handwashing events across an entire hospital or hospitals over a time period to an infection rate that 1 per 2000-10000, you can see that the actual risk of infection transmission from 1 missed handwashing event is really really really low. Again, 100% handwashing should occur as close to 100% of the time as possible. But people are human and I'm not in the business of trying to get people fired because they missed a handwash. A gentle reminder is probably enough if it occurs.

(the lancet and jama are probably the number 3 and number 2 medical journals out there after the NEJM btw).

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I never make this stuff up.

Pittet et al. "Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene"

After implementing a very aggressive handwashing program across an entire hospital system, MRSA infections came down from 2 per 10,000 patient days to 1 per 10,000 days. This technically is a 50% decline in the rate but you can see its a tiny absolute risk reduction. Handwashing liquid used per day increased by 5x fold across the hospital system with a reduction in infection by that much. Staph infections are actually the best disease I think to track for handwashing effectiveness because its directly transmitted by physical contact. Some other studies look at things like respiratory infections and blood stream infections which are more murky because contact isn't necessarily how those things develop.
The "aggressive" handwashing, vs. normal hospital handwashing, cut infections in half. What results would you expect from no handwashing to normal and finally aggressive?

The equivalent, how many times have you buckled your seatbelt, and were not injured in a crash? It only takes once.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Who knew that the Trump syndrome would be so deeply embedded, long lasting and deadly among his cult following and those other folks who got suckered into believing their totally obvious bullshit? Who knew that Putin and the Repubs would be allies in their war against democracy in the USA?

Strange bedfellows indeed.

Reactions: Muse

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

Today I talked with my nephews wife who got Covid over a months ago, had a bad time with it, still experiencing a lingering fever and extreme fatigue. It should be noted, she had been a denier. No vaccine. Never a mask. Full on trumpie.

So today, she has flipped 180 by regretting not having the vaccine, not wearing a mask, and not believing. She now plans on getting the vaccine. In her own words, I NEVER WANT TO PUT UP WITH THIS NASTY SHIT EVER AGAIN. However…. then my Qniece was giving her crap tell her…. Don’t get the shot, instead take hydroxychloroquine, don’t do this, don’t do that. And my nephews wife replying, NO NO NO NO, DON’T TRY TO TALK ME OUT OF IT, I’M GETTING THE SHOT.

Remember, we’re talking a once full on denier who has suddenly accepted her reality of Covid. To see her go up against my Qniece and all the crap out of the mouth of my Qniece was amazing to watch. Even more amazing to watch was a once trump conspiracist breaking the cult and returning back to earth.

But frankly, it’s getting old to watch Covid victim after Covid victim forced to face the reality of Covid but only after becoming a victim themselves. I have little sympathy for this behavior.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

She not only committed a crime she also helped spread the virus by allowing unvaccinated assholes unfettered access to businesses and events that required the cards for their customer's safety.

Jail time, being fired and banned from her occupation for all the time she's on parole (hopefully at least 5 yrs) seems to be the minimum sentencing requirement in this case.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The "aggressive" handwashing, vs. normal hospital handwashing, cut infections in half. What results would you expect from no handwashing to normal and finally aggressive?

The equivalent, how many times have you buckled your seatbelt, and were not injured in a crash? It only takes once.
Yes but again cutting the relative risk in half meant cutting the risk from a really tiny number to an even tinier number. This is a very simple concept in statistics.
For your seatbelt analogy, its like screaming bloody murder at your friend who didn't wear his seatbelt for 10 seconds. The actual risk he's occurring from not wearing his seatbelt for a few seconds in a long car ride is pretty minimal, though yes he should wear the belt as much as he can.

Oh hundred percent. She's going down and going down hard. She's basically selling fraudulent medical records as well as VA property for personal profit. The VA is particularly prosecutorial about record safety because of their linkage to government and military employees. I doubt they will cut her any breaks or pleas.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Yes but again cutting the relative risk in half meant cutting the risk from a really tiny number to an even tinier number. This is a very simple concept in statistics.
For your seatbelt analogy, its like screaming bloody murder at your friend who didn't wear his seatbelt for 10 seconds. The actual risk he's occurring from not wearing his seatbelt for a few seconds in a long car ride is pretty minimal, though yes he should wear the belt as much as he can.
I wasn't talking about taking the belt off to get something out of your pocket, but not wearing it at all.

As both grandsons are full-time firefighters, we keep a radio scanner running a good bit of the time. Today, MVA/ST (motor vehicle accident /subject trapped). First firefighters on scene, confirmed ST, legs trapped under dash, one compound fracture visible. It was over 30 minutes before they informed dispatch that the subject was free.

Speaking of off the rail analogies - 10 seconds unbuckled.... that health care worker with staph on their hands has them there the entire time they are tending to the patient. If infected that will stick with you for a long time, perhaps for the rest of your life.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
GOP lawmaker links Covid Vaccines to satan, Tentacle monsters and 5G. Posts "Vaccine Death Report"

The actual Vaccine Death Report, if anyone can handle that much crazy.

https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/downloads/en/vaccines/vaccinereport.pdf

Everything you need to know about the tentacle monsters in the Covid vaccine, Dr Carrie Madej, osteopath.

Also, “vaccines will “hook us all up to an artificial intelligence interface”.

• Wow

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
LIndsey Graham booed by Republicans after asking them to consider the vaccine.

Fuck him ... He, along with the GOP leaders and Fox News and its ilk have created a monster, and now they and the rest of us have to deal with it.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
This one is both stupid and evil

The money quote:

C.J. Karamargin, a spokesperson for Ducey, said it’s “baffling” why anyone would oppose the grant programs.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
GOP lawmaker links Covid Vaccines to satan, Tentacle monsters and 5G. Posts "Vaccine Death Report"

The actual Vaccine Death Report, if anyone can handle that much crazy.

https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/downloads/en/vaccines/vaccinereport.pdf

Everything you need to know about the tentacle monsters in the Covid vaccine, Dr Carrie Madej, osteopath.

Also, “vaccines will “hook us all up to an artificial intelligence interface”.

That's just all kinds of fucked up. This is the kind of shit where the authors need to be identified and held accountable if sane or given appropriate treatment if they are not sane.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
From the batshit crazy "Vaccine Death Report" linked above:

A PATENTED TRANSHUMAN
NO LONGER A HUMAN WITH HUMAN RIGHTS

Dr. Chinda Brandolino is a Latin American physician who has been speaking out about the fact that once the human genome is altered, that person is no longer considered an original human being, but has become a transhuman, and therefore loses human rights. Furthermore, she explains that the altered DNA and RNA can be patented, making that genetically modified person property of the patent holders. The implications of this are highly alarming.

It then goes on… something something something… about newborn transhuman babies with black eyes.

Scientists in South America are investigating a strange phenomenon: Some newborn babies from vaccinated parents in Mexico have pitch-black eyes, while normally the eyes of newborns are very lightly colored. It also appears that these babies are aging too fast, as they can stand and even walk at only three months old.