Covidiots thread

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The guy shoved her off the bus so she couldn't assault him again and then he stopped. How is that an escalation?
Cause he could have deescalated it without violence by getting off the bus himself. I know I know.
Would he have had a better case if he just shot her right there after the spit?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I wonder what's going on here? Can't tell if these are Covid-conspiracy nutters, or just generic nutters who would have done the same with anyone they'd 'seen on telly'.

As for the guy who accused Jonathan Van-Tam (the deputy chief medical officer) of 'poisoning Matt Hancock', the mind boggles. Is that a fringe-conspiracy belief or a mental-health issue?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you spit in someones face, expect to get the living crap beat out of you.

It was one of the most grievous insulting/instigating behaviors, even before the COVID factor.

I'd punch someone in the face over spitting in their face. I consider spitting in the face worse.

she's just lucky that she didn't decide to spit on someone, or anywhere, really, in Singapore.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yea, besides comedy, it makes me think about the children... lots and lots of parents are opting out of vaccinating their children cause it doesnt SEEM like it affects them... But does it? Holy shit.
Yeah that's the struggle for parents with younger kids currently. We've been able to get 3 out of 4 vaccinated but our youngest is 9 we're stuck waiting to see if we get into a trial or when any of the current vaccines are approved for kids that age which probably won't happen before the end of the year.

Reactions: cytg111

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Yeah that's the struggle for parents with younger kids currently. We've been able to get 3 out of 4 vaccinated but our youngest is 9 we're stuck waiting to see if we get into a trial or when any of the current vaccines are approved for kids that age which probably won't happen before the end of the year.
With the approval for teens, I was expecting the children trail to finish up soon with all the other data they have. That doesn't seem to be the case. I'm hopeful they can be vaccinated before school starts.

Reactions: cytg111

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
With the approval for teens, I was expecting the children trail to finish up soon with all the other data they have. That doesn't seem to be the case. I'm hopeful they can be vaccinated before school starts.
That is unlikely to happen. I am not seeing them asking for approval before September or even October. Which means vaccination probably will not be approved for those that is 2-11 likely before November/December.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That window is already just about closed. It's basically a six week clock at best before a kid will be fully vaccinated that doesn't begin until a company asks the FDA for authorization to give it to that age group. That hasn't happened yet and we're already deep into August by that clock. Kids under 12 are most likely going to be starting school with no vaccine options and morons screaming about masks if schools attempt to mandate them for the coming school year.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
That is unlikely to happen. I am not seeing them asking for approval before September or even October. Which means vaccination probably will not be approved for those that is 2-11 likely before November/December.
My oldest turns 12 in Nov so he'll get one way or another by then.

Reactions: weblooker2021

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Covidiot Anti-Maskers harass Alberta health minister and his kids at Canada Day celbrations. These fuckwits make me sick:
The abuse was directed at Shandro's sons as well.

"Sorry buddy but your father is a war criminal."

Eventually, the family was forced to lift their upset children over a chain link fence into the field where the event was taking place.

"I took Tyler's son across the fence and brought him in here because he was crying. You don't do that to children," said Gary Vegelis.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Dec 10, 2005
Dec 10, 2005
I wish they would at least highlight the part of the article that claims that the US government is funding those NGOs to push the anti-Cuban vaccine message. Is the US government also funding those "local medical organizations"?

There are reasons to be skeptical of vaccines with little public data - look at Sinovac, the vaccine developed by the Chinese government: when data was actually released, turned out it was a very mediocre vaccine relative to others that had been developed - only 51% effective in Brazil against symptomatic covid.

Feb 4, 2009
Have any of the anti vax folks explained why pre vaccination COVID was tearing thru Nursing Homes and post vaccination it hasn’t?

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
In the Netherlands.

‘COVID-Free’ Dance Party Infects 160+ Revelers

Many shared QR code screenshots (for being vaccinated) to get in.
This is wrong "Despite by now well-known scientific evidence that mass gatherings of maskless people is the easiest way to spread the disease, and that those who are vaccinated can still transmit it, summer fun seems to be more important for many. " According to CDC it's rare for those that is vaccinated to get sick and even more rare for them to transmit.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
This is wrong "Despite by now well-known scientific evidence that mass gatherings of maskless people is the easiest way to spread the disease, and that those who are vaccinated can still transmit it, summer fun seems to be more important for many. " According to CDC it's rare for those that is vaccinated to get sick and even more rare for them to transmit.

According to Portuguese Health Authorities, of 2.5M people fully vaccinated, there have been 2357 cases of COVID with 52 hospitalizations: fully vaccinated people can STILL get the virus and spread it around BUT it's a REALLY LOW percentage of people, with 0.094% getting the virus and 0.002% requiring hospitalization.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
According to Portuguese Health Authorities, of 2.5M people fully vaccinated, there have been 2357 cases of COVID with 52 hospitalizations: fully vaccinated people can STILL get the virus and spread it around BUT it's a REALLY LOW percentage of people, with 0.094% getting the virus and 0.002% requiring hospitalization.
The vaccine is doing exactly what they say it does.