Covidiots thread

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Stanford admitted it was a huge fuckup & blamed a faulty algorithm & unvetted results from it. I'm a bit surprised that organizational feedback is so poor that people felt the need to walk out & demonstrate. It also needs to be remembered that the vaccine has only been in their hands since monday at the earliest.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
Our 1st covid vaccine in our county was a transplant surgeon. Seriously, couldnt have been an icu nurse? Or ER nurse or doctor. How about the physicians seeing 12+ covid patients a day? RLY?

This could have been pushed out so much better.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
More covidiots.

Linked to church functions. Who woulda guessed?
That about 30 miles from me. The area is a retirement mecca, lots of retirees and elderly. The assisted living and nursing homes in the county were decimated during the first wave earlier this year with a disproportionate number of deaths based on population.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Stupidity has consequences, just like voting. Most likely she failed on both fronts.
She should stick to her convictions, "#dontbeparanoid, #notasheep, #wearenotsheep, #strongmind"
Pull yourself up by your bootstraps woman, own that personal responsibility. Pussy
Politicians are like viruses, YOUR stupidity can get ME killed and thats why I hate stupid people. The world is too big and complex for 74 million idiots to be allowed outside like adults.

And apparently that beautiful being in charge of Fox News made a lot of money spreading misinformation about the disease and the vaccine, but also got the vaccine.
He is not a front line hospital worker. He's a billionaire so of course he managed to get the vaccine from somewhere. The best part? Because of rationing not all doctors and nurses got it right away. Many of them had to wait. Meanwhile the powerful and wealthy who can get top of the line healthcare any time they need will also be getting a limited vaccine they dont need.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Politicians are like viruses, YOUR stupidity can get ME killed and thats why I hate stupid people. The world is too big and complex for 74 million idiots to be allowed outside like adults.

And apparently that beautiful being in charge of Fox News made a lot of money spreading misinformation about the disease and the vaccine, but also got the vaccine.
He is not a front line hospital worker. He's a billionaire so of course he managed to get the vaccine from somewhere. The best part? Because of rationing not all doctors and nurses got it right away. Many of them had to wait. Meanwhile the powerful and wealthy who can get top of the line healthcare any time they need will also be getting a limited vaccine they dont need.

This is what really pisses me off. The people who dragged their feet on the response, caused the death of many citizens, and even played it off as a fake virus or saying it's not so bad, are the ones jumping ahead in line for the vaccine. Not to mention they profited every step of the way.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

Lies about having covid , dies while on plane, multiple people trying to help him...smh

I'd wager a large portion are

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If you choose to fly on a commercial flight, you are already per-qualified for the Covidiots award.

Reactions: hal2kilo

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

Lies about having covid , dies while on plane, multiple people trying to help him...smh

I'd wager a large portion are

My god, the ads on that site...

1608572772344.png

Reactions: DarthKyrie

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...day/?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Covidiot Pastor that preached faith over fear and talked shit-
"Just before Thanksgiving, he posted a message on Facebook dismissing precautionary measures advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to keep wearing masks and avoid gatherings with family members who don’t live in the same house."
I’m not wearing a mask when around my family like the CDC requests and we are traveling so we’ll take our chances,” Dunn’s Facebook post read. “And to top it off we are huggers so there you go! There will be no social distancing CDC. Faith over fear!!”

A few weeks later, both of Dunn’s parents were dead after entering the hospital with COVID-19 symptoms. Charles and Shirley Dunn died within hours of one another at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth.

"
Dunn said his parents’ deaths have tested him. He and his brothers and sisters have “cried a lot,” he said.

“I’m human. Night times are the hardest. I’m a pastor, but I’m human. And I’m a son,” he said.

“I’ve been trying to do everything I can to have the right perspective,” he said. “I just know by my faith and the word of God that I’ll see my parents again. And that’s what’s getting me through this.”

He should have been the one getting toe tagged. And someone needs to ask him where his god is. Because so far his faith has yielded the worst results possible, at least for his parents.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
So Christian axiom is yee reap what yee sow. . . Don't respect the virus it don't respect you, all of this is avoidable and you can even have your services if you are smarter about it. and follow the common sense guidelines . .

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I read about that. Seems like an odd story all in all, I would have thought that someone near death would unlikely be able to manage to do all the things that are involved in getting to an airport to end up dying on a flight, or what circumstances encourage their partner to not say anything. I wondered if there was a domestic abuse angle in there.
You'd be amazed how functional people can be with their blood oxygen levels in their boots! They get a bit muddly but they can be pretty mobile till they aren't anymore.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...day/?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Covidiot Pastor that preached faith over fear and talked shit-

He should have been the one getting toe tagged. And someone needs to ask him where his god is. Because so far his faith has yielded the worst results possible, at least for his parents.
They aren't Christians.

They are Mammon worshipers who worship Mammon dressed up like Jesus.

Mammonites also worship those who have been blessed by Mammon, i.e. the rich.

Donald Trump is their Death Cult Leader.

They are a Death Cult.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Is this is what washed up actors who haven't had a career since like the 1980's do to occupy their time?

Why doesn't he go do something constructive, like say starting his own cult or something?

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Is this is what washed up actors who haven't had a career since like the 1980's do to occupy their time?

Why doesn't he go do something constructive, like say starting his own cult or something?
He's been in a number of Christian films in the last 10-15 years, so this doesn't really surprise me.

Reactions: zinfamous

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This surprised me somewhat - I would have expected the US to be the worst when it comes to anti-vaxx sentiment, but apparently it's the French, by a considerable margin.

An Ipsos survey gauging the attitudes of 15 countries in October found that only 54 per cent of French respondents would be willing to get a Covid vaccine jab, compared to 64 per cent in the US and 79 per cent in the UK. This attitude is in line with the population’s broader distrust of vaccines in general. In 2018, in a wide-ranging Gallup study of 144 countries, the French were found to be the most prone to believe that vaccines aren't safe – an opinion shared by about one third of respondents.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
This surprised me somewhat - I would have expected the US to be the worst when it comes to anti-vaxx sentiment, but apparently it's the French, by a considerable margin.

Pretty crazy, but I've heard the same stuff from people here in the states too. When I bring up the new vaccine method, they just get skeptical. *Shrug*, then stop complaining about the virus killing your family members

Reactions: DarthKyrie