Covidiots thread

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Well, work is ongoing on a passive RFID tag shrink down to ~22 microns, which I believe would be small enough to be suspended in liquid for an injection. But that is still under research, not commercially available. At best get you might get ~10 foot detection range. Although with multiple such chips in an array, passive RFID might be detectable out to 50 feet or so.

That's almost enough to get me to sign up to team-paranoia!

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Not really covidiots as the precipitating event was in Feb before we were aware of the nature of the disease, but apparently one attendee with covid at a biotech (of all things) conference in Boston resulted in over 245,000 cases across this country and others. Really. 245,000. Verified by genetic fingerprinting.

Wear masks!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Funny that every fucking moron screaming about tracking chips in a vaccine is doing so in a device they never leave home without, that actually tracks them to within 3 feet, and listens to everything they say, and records everything they post or view on that device. This is an astonishing level of utter stupidity.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Funny that every fucking moron screaming about tracking chips in a vaccine is doing so in a device they never leave home without, that actually tracks them to within 3 feet, and listens to everything they say, and records everything they post or view on that device. This is an astonishing level of utter stupidity.

It's really out there, isn't it?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Terrifying, isn't it?

In a way, for sure. Not the fact that devices are like that, but the fact that people are so willing to give up their privacy, especially the older population that was always super concerned about government spying. Corporate spying, I'm in!

Reactions: Leeea

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Gayification with mind control nanobots! You're gonna love it, and you won't even know why!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Gayification with mind control nanobots! You're gonna love it, and you won't even know why!
Wait, wasn't that supposed to happen when gay marriage became legal. Every man would be giving BJ's and having anal sex, and loving it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Add these selfish a-holes to the list. "the wife admitted the man had tested positive for coronavirus"

https://onemileatatime.com/passenger-coronavirus-dies-united-flight/

I read about that. Seems like an odd story all in all, I would have thought that someone near death would unlikely be able to manage to do all the things that are involved in getting to an airport to end up dying on a flight, or what circumstances encourage their partner to not say anything. I wondered if there was a domestic abuse angle in there.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
From that link:

He was one of the more upbeat and forgiving photographers I spoke to. But even he was shocked by what he’d seen. At plenty of weddings, he said, guests in their eighties and nineties walk around maskless. “I saw a guy with an oxygen machine. He was carrying around an oxygen machine to breathe, but he didn’t have a mask on.”

The photographer who got sick after shooting the COVID-positive groom said her experiences throughout the pandemic have left her a little depressed. She recalled one conversation from that wedding, before she left the reception. “I have children,” she told a bridesmaid. “What if my children die?” The bridesmaid responded, “I understand, but this is her wedding day.”

wtf

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
So this was in the paper near where I live. This type of selfishness is everywhere.

"4 firefighters exposed to COVID-19"

"DAILEY — Four front-line workers — and possibly two good samaritans — were exposed to COVID-19 after an automobile accident in Randolph County this week, officials said.

Firefighters from the Tygarts Valley Fire Company responded to a single-vehicle accident call Tuesday evening just north of Mountain View Equipment on Route 219 in Valley Bend. Once the crew arrived, they found a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude on its top with a female driver inside, officials said.

Four Tygarts Valley Fire Company members worked to remove the unidentified driver from the vehicle and, after securing the woman, later learned that she had earlier tested positive for COVID-19 and was supposed to be under quarantine.

“Four of our guys actually broke the glass out in the back of the vehicle and had to get in and help get her out,” Tygarts Valley Fire Company Chief Bob Elbon told The Inter-Mountain Wednesday. “Those four guys are now going to have to have to be quarantined for five days and then get re-tested. I was on scene with some other members of our department directing traffic. Thankfully we weren’t close enough to her to be exposed.”

Elbon said the accident victim was returning home from a day of skiing at Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Two civilians who were on the scene before the fire department arrived attempted to help the victim get out of the vehicle, he noted.

“There was a man and a woman at the accident who stopped to help and we didn’t get their names before they left,” said Elbon. “The woman actually got inside of the vehicle with the victim. So we need to find out who they are so they can get tested.”

Elbon said the two good samaritans could contact the Randolph-Elkins Health Department once they learn of their exposure.

He also said his department is going to be a little short-handed as the four exposed firemen were among the most active within the department.

“We’re going to have to ask for some aid from some of the other departments while these guys are off,” he said. “If there are accidents to the north, we may have to call on Beverly. If it’s to the south it will possibly be Huttonsville or Mill Creek. If it’s a structure fire we may be asking for all of them.”"

• Wow
Reactions: pmv

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
So this was in the paper near where I live. This type of selfishness is everywhere.

"DAILEY — Four front-line workers — and possibly two good samaritans — were exposed to COVID-19 after an automobile accident in Randolph County this week, officials said.

Firefighters from the Tygarts Valley Fire Company responded to a single-vehicle accident call Tuesday evening just north of Mountain View Equipment on Route 219 in Valley Bend. Once the crew arrived, they found a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude on its top with a female driver inside, officials said.

Four Tygarts Valley Fire Company members worked to remove the unidentified driver from the vehicle and, after securing the woman, later learned that she had earlier tested positive for COVID-19 and was supposed to be under quarantine.

“Four of our guys actually broke the glass out in the back of the vehicle and had to get in and help get her out,” Tygarts Valley Fire Company Chief Bob Elbon told The Inter-Mountain Wednesday. “Those four guys are now going to have to have to be quarantined for five days and then get re-tested. I was on scene with some other members of our department directing traffic. Thankfully we weren’t close enough to her to be exposed.”

Elbon said the accident victim was returning home from a day of skiing at Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Two civilians who were on the scene before the fire department arrived attempted to help the victim get out of the vehicle, he noted.

“There was a man and a woman at the accident who stopped to help and we didn’t get their names before they left,” said Elbon. “The woman actually got inside of the vehicle with the victim. So we need to find out who they are so they can get tested.”

Elbon said the two good samaritans could contact the Randolph-Elkins Health Department once they learn of their exposure.

He also said his department is going to be a little short-handed as the four exposed firemen were among the most active within the department.

“We’re going to have to ask for some aid from some of the other departments while these guys are off,” he said. “If there are accidents to the north, we may have to call on Beverly. If it’s to the south it will possibly be Huttonsville or Mill Creek. If it’s a structure fire we may be asking for all of them.”"

But her freedumbs.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
But her freedumbs.
If only they would stamp their foreheads when they test positive so they wouldn't infect others. It's hard to tell how many people she infected with her little trip. It really sucks the first responders and the folks that stopped to help her got exposed.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
jMTqGif.jpg

Thomas was antimask,Thomas is now sick with covid in the hospital, don't be like Thomas

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

My oldest grandson is a professional firefighter/EMT, the youngest is a volunteer firefighter, still in high school. Both have been quarantined and tested multiple time for possible exposures. Both have tested negative multiple times, and quarantine periods lapsed. Neither possible exposure because of some stupid ass like this bitch.

Departments have had to do some manpower juggling to cover for those out for the quarantine period. The city department has even developed contingency plans to supplement their ranks by utilizing county department firefighters on part time basis to meet staffing needs. They haven't had to do this.... yet.