County worker FIRED for doing what anyone would do.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/..._after_entering_home_uninvited_161995785.html

i saw this on msnbc... if anyone can find the video it is appauling.

this lady said if she had a gun she could have killed him and she wouldnt get in trouble for it.

this lady deserves to die. she is useless to this world.

i would have done the exact same thing the county worker did. i am glad he is appealing his firing. i hope he wins.

HERE IT IS - http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/48788352#48159642

ugh. white. freakin. trash!

Last edited:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Your a fucking idiot or can't read.

According to his personnel file, Vowell originally denied to supervisors he entered the home, calling the situation "BS" once Erica showed them the video.

"Unfortunately there was some conflicting information in those two stories, initially there was a statement that he had not entered the house made to a supervisor," explains Johnson.

After an investigation, the county terminated Vowell for failing to follow policy and for making a false statement to a supervisor.

He lied about entering the house. he is fired for failing to follow policy and then lieing about it.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48161273/ns/today-today_news/t/woman-who-woke-county-worker-her-room-hes-lucky-i-wasnt-armed/#.UDuNl9ZlQQo

here is a video. HE opened the door. it did not swing open he opened it. first he tried the front door. went to the back. then the front again and WALKED IN.

Last edited:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
What was he doing that required him to go inside a house he didn't own without explicit permission?

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Your a fucking idiot or can't read.

According to his personnel file, Vowell originally denied to supervisors he entered the home, calling the situation "BS" once Erica showed them the video.

"Unfortunately there was some conflicting information in those two stories, initially there was a statement that he had not entered the house made to a supervisor," explains Johnson.

After an investigation, the county terminated Vowell for failing to follow policy and for making a false statement to a supervisor.

He lied about entering the house. he is fired for failing to follow policy and then lieing about it.

watch the video. watch both the plantiff and the defendant. you tell me who is telling the truth.

the county worker told his boss he didnt enter the house so he wouldnt get fired. big deal. the video clearly shows he entered because the place was trashed and the front door was OPEN.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
What was he doing that required him to go inside a house he didn't own without explicit permission?

inspecting the house for violations to the yard for sanitary and poor landscaping conditions. the house looked abandoned, the front door was open and unlatched. the house smelled like dead bodies. anyone in that situation would have entered.

Jan 25, 2011
watch the video. watch both the plantiff and the defendant. you tell me who is telling the truth.

the county worker told his boss he didnt enter the house so he wouldnt get fired. big deal. the video clearly shows he entered because the place was trashed and the front door was OPEN.

Who gives a shit why he entered into a private dwelling with absolutely no authority to do so? He walked into this woman's home and then lied about it to his employer.

Do you have any idea the liability position he placed the county by his actions?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/..._after_entering_home_uninvited_161995785.html

i saw this on msnbc... if anyone can find the video it is appauling.

this lady said if she had a gun she could have killed him and she wouldnt get in trouble for it.

this lady deserves to die. she is useless to this world.

i would have done the exact same thing the county worker did. i am glad he is appealing his firing. i hope he wins.

HERE IT IS - http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/48788352#48159642

ugh. white. freakin. trash!

Wow you are a racist piece of s%&#. You think it is legal to go into someone's home like this?

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Were I the county worker, I would not have entered the home.

Were I the homeowner I would have been glad the security cameras were rolling because the county worker went waaaaaaaay over the line.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
watch the video guys! this lady is a lazy pile of crap! the county worker banged on the door multiple times, its clear in the video. he tried both doors. the place looked abandoned. then he found the front door OPEN. if he DIDNT enter the house he would be a bad person for not worrying about someones safety!

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You think it's fine for someone to simply open the door to someone's house and walk into their bedroom, without any authorization to do so? And then, when confronted about it, he lied about it. If there wasn't video evidence, he would have gotten away with the lie since it would be her word against his with no way to prove anything. Thanks to the video it's obvious he's a liar and that he broke policy and lied about it. Sorry, save the outrage for something more deserving.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
You think it's fine for someone to simply open the door to someone's house and walk into their bedroom, without any authorization to do so? And then, when confronted about it, he lied about it. If there wasn't video evidence, he would have gotten away with the lie since it would be her word against his with no way to prove anything. Thanks to the video it's obvious he's a liar and that he broke policy and lied about it. Sorry, save the outrage for something more deserving.

thanks to the video, all of his actions are proven just. he did not open the door, it was open. by the time he got to her bedroom, he called out again, stating who he was. no answer. NOTHING UNTIL HE FINALLY OPENED HER BEDROOM DOOR. then she got pissed. the tragedy here is that she wasn't dead!

Jan 25, 2011
watch the video guys! this lady is a lazy pile of crap! the county worker banged on the door multiple times, its clear in the video. he tried both doors. the place looked abandoned. then he found the front door OPEN. if he DIDNT enter the house he would be a bad person for not worrying about someones safety!

He's a former cop. If he's concerned he can call the proper authorities. He should know that. He has no right to enter a private dwelling completely against protocol and then lie about it until video shows he's lying.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
thanks to the video, all of his actions are proven just. he did not open the door, it was open. by the time he got to her bedroom, he called out again, stating who he was. no answer. NOTHING UNTIL HE FINALLY OPENED HER BEDROOM DOOR. then she got pissed. the tragedy here is that she wasn't dead!

you are a fucking idiot.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

Appropriate response would be to call police, not enter and lie about it.

Sure she is scummy, but so is lying to your boss and crying about being fired for it.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
im not budging on my stance on this one bit. you guys are all wrong. the county workers actions were of nothing more then concern for the safety of others. WHY ELSE WOULD HE CARE TO ENTER THE HOUSE?

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
im not budging on my stance on this one bit. you guys are all wrong. the county workers actions were of nothing more then concern for the safety of others. WHY ELSE WOULD HE CARE TO ENTER THE HOUSE?

You don't get it, entering the house on its own sure a case could be made he was concerned for the occupants safety.

But he lied about it, which means he knew it was wrong. Then lying itself is wrong and worthy of termination.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Been awhile since a fail thread with this much potential has been posted in this forum.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Ok, lets walk through this slowly since you appear to be having some trouble. Under what policy was it OK for him to enter a private dwelling without permission from the owner occupant? Under what policy was it OK for him to walk in, and then go to the bedroom? Under what policy was it OK to lie about having gone into the dwelling to his supervisors? He was fired for 1) breaking policy, and 2) lying about it when asked about it. Don't know where you work, but for most people, breaking the rules and then lying about it when confronted is a good way to get canned.

If he was concerned about the safety of someone, he could have called the cops who would have proper authorization to go into the home if there was reason to believe there was someone in danger.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
You don't get it, entering the house on its own sure a case could be made he was concerned for the occupants safety.

But he lied about it, which means he knew it was wrong. Then lying itself is wrong and worthy of termination.

youve never lied about the truth just because you think its the easier route? thats why people lie

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Agreed. Had he said he went in because he feared for her safety from the start, then he would not have been fired. Since the door was already open, and there was a horrible smell of rot, he could have justified it.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
youve never lied about the truth just because you think its the easier route? thats why people lie

Would you lie if you knew you would be fired for lying if you were caught? The guy did not expect to be caught, so he lied.