County worker FIRED for doing what anyone would do.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
only in america. hes not being charged because the video clearly proves his innocence.

Here, this will help. GA is also known as Georgia. While there are TWO Georgias, the article clearly applies to the US State.

United-States-Map-2.jpg

That is a map of the US...commonly refered to as America. Georgia is right above Florida, which is the penninsula down at the bottom right of the map.

I hope this helps you learn that Georgia is in the US. Also, the video clearly shows he lied in his offical government report about not entering the house, which is a crime.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
White trash my ass. The county worker crossed aline that many want crossed but for now in america isn't allowed for his position in the gooberment . The OP is the type that thinks none should have privacy.Find a new country to live in OP Americans don't want or need your type of protectionism

op thinks people should abide by LAWS so that county inspections dont have to be at your house in the first place! she gave up her right to privacy when she broke all the rules and ignored the people trying to enforce them!

what the heck is wrong with people today? monday? all of you know im right!

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
op thinks people should abide by LAWS so that county inspections dont have to be at your house in the first place! she gave up her right to privacy when she broke all the rules and ignored the people trying to enforce them!

In America we have this thing called property rights. It is VERY strict and all kinds of laws including the Constitution that say you can't just enter my property without permission.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

I don't have an issue with him entering the house to make sure noone was dead inside. Illegal but i can understand why one would do that.

Problem is he lied to his boss's about doing it. And was caught on video.

He is stupid and deserves what he got for being a liar.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
HE DID NOT RANDOMLY ENTER A HOUSE. what the hell is wrong with you>?

Is this some knew liberial thinking here. The Op must be the son of this intruder who was justly fired and lucky to be alive . We do not lock our doors . we don't have problems . Clean up your community. Not the trashy properity but the trashy people who think they have the right to overstep others right . If the door was wide open you cann't cross the threshhold. In doing so you infringe on others rights.

Jan 25, 2011
if he was wrong he would have been fired and charged with a crime. he was not, and he is appealing the firing which i bet he wins.

if this guy gets his job back, i win this thread:p

For the first time since I've joined this forum everyone is in unanimous agreement with spidey... You've already lost.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
In America we have this thing called property rights. It is VERY strict and all kinds of laws including the Constitution that say you can't just enter my property without permission.

we also have local laws governing what you can do with that property. she was not following those rules.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
so is violating county habitat laws and ignoring officials that try to enforce them.

Correct, but you cannot commit a crime against someone just because that person is currently committing a crime. Your logic would allow cops to murder people who are resisting arrest, which I am sure you do not support.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I don't have an issue with him entering the house to make sure noone was dead inside. Illegal but i can understand why one would do that.

Problem is he lied to his boss's about doing it. And was caught on video.

He is stupid and deserves what he got for being a liar.

so you agree he did the right thing, but he is a bad person just because he didnt want to explain what he did was right? gimme a break!

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Correct, but you cannot commit a crime against someone just because that person is currently committing a crime. Your logic would allow cops to murder people who are resisting arrest, which I am sure you do not support.

he did not commit a crime! he feared for someones safety! so what he lied to his boss. EVERYONE HERE HAS DONE THAT. and it was a white lie anyway! so stupid, and the video proves it all but nobody wants to watch it!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

they don't have a right to enter her house.he is lucky he is not charged (he should be) and he was damn lucky he was not shot.

none of that really is the issue. he was fired for the lie. hte claimed he never entered the house. it is on video that he did. so he was fired. fully justified too.

If they had a problem with her ignoring them. they then can go to the police who will handle it. you do not enter the house. he does not have that power or right.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
watch the video guys! this lady is a lazy pile of crap! the county worker banged on the door multiple times, its clear in the video. he tried both doors. the place looked abandoned. then he found the front door OPEN. if he DIDNT enter the house he would be a bad person for not worrying about someones safety!

Nope. A former cop should know better. If you bang on my door and I do not answer, YOU GO AWAY If the front door was open with signs of forced entry, he would be vindicated.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
they don't have a right to enter her house.he is lucky he is not charged (he should be) and he was damn lucky he was not shot.

whats your address? just in case im ever in the area and i feel something bad might be happening to you. i will ignore you.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Nope. A former cop should know better. If you bang on my door and I do not answer, YOU GO AWAY If the front door was open with signs of forced entry, he would be vindicated.

bwahahahaahaha thats the whole point. the door was open. forced entry could mean a credit card opening the latch without damage

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Than The police should have been asked to serve the papers . Not some lowlife ignorant county worker.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
whats your address? just in case im ever in the area and i feel something bad might be happening to you. i will ignore you.

good. because it will keep you from getting shot when you walk into my house. sounds like a win-win situation! :biggrin:

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
so you agree he did the right thing, but he is a bad person just because he didnt want to explain what he did was right? gimme a break!

I agree that if he entered the house to check on the safety of the occupants it's illegal but I can understand it.

Then he lied, a fire able offense in its own.

Don't want to get fired don't lie to your boss, let this be a lesson to you about being truthful.