Could we see 4-more from Trump?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
OP: of course we could see 4 more from the pathological-liar-in-chief. It's not like Americans have suddenly smartened up in the last year.
I dont know, you have to factor in how experienced Putin is in running a broken democracy/dictatorship, if you let Trump come to term I am afraid Kansas is going bye bye.. Its Trumpism forever..

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Kim has already won no matter what happens. He's been acknowledged by the president as a world leader that deserves recognition and respect. That may be all he has ever wanted. If he walks away from the summit with the POTUS, again, it will make him look even stronger.
And he won't give up his nuclear weapons. It's a giant photo op for both Kim and Donald, don't be deceived.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Sadly, I see a non zero chance of Trump getting another 4 years.

On one hand he barely won thanks to our Electoral College and 70,000 votes across 3 states that put him in the office. It would be very easy to swing those states the other way.

On the other hand, if Mueller investigation comes up short and the economy keeps going as it is now for the next 2 years, I can see a lot of folks not wanting to rock the boat and voting for their wallets everything else be damned. These middle ground folks along with his base could theoretically put him in the office again.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sadly, I see a non zero chance of Trump getting another 4 years.

On one hand he barely won thanks to our Electoral College and 70,000 votes across 3 states that put him in the office. It would be very easy to swing those states the other way.

On the other hand, if Mueller investigation comes up short and the economy keeps going as it is now for the next 2 years, I can see a lot of folks not wanting to rock the boat and voting for their wallets everything else be damned. These middle ground folks along with his base could theoretically put him in the office again.

Voting for Trump is voting to not rock the boat?

Rudy Giuliani couldn't have said it better himself.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

Remember the lives lost in Iraq but 'Stay the Course'.. people are lazy and fickle. This works both ways though.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002

I'm aware of the irony, but yes. If things do not blow up and economy does well re-electing Trump would be not rocking the boat. GWB started Iraq War and still got reelected for the second term, so long as Trump doesn't do anything as stupid, he's going to have one leg up on GWB.