Could this election have been fixed?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
Surprising Pattern of Florida's Election Results
http://ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm

Look at the Percent Change columns and notice how it appears some counties show 100% voter participation by registered Republicans or even higher.

Interestingly the optical scan county results look WORSE than the touchscreens, in fact in many cases it looks like the vote choices are REVERSED!!!!!!!.

Baker county: 69.3% are registered democrats, 77.7% of the vote went to Bush.
Bradford county: 61.4% are registered democrats (only 28.3% republican), 69.6% of the vote went to Bush.
Calhoun county: 82.4% are registered democrats, 63.4% of the vote went to Bush.
Dixie county: 77.5% registered democrats, 68.8% of the vote went to Bush.
Lafayette county: 82.8% registered democrats, 74% of the vote went to Bush.

The list goes on. Basically, the entire optical scan list looks like the percentages are inverted. But having lived in Florida 25 years and being familiar with some of those areas, I am inclined to believe it is the registered voter counts, not the vote which are backwards.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
I'm pretty sure the signals to the machines were sent from the International Space Station, originally the plan was to use a shuttle so the Russians wouldn't know about it, but if you noticed Putin's immediate support of Bush must mean that he knew about it.

I will be marketing a disposable tinfoil hat for 06' it should make your vote really count.

I think ~$5 is reasonable to defend our representative democracy, don't you?

Get them before the Dept of Homeland Security shut the website down!!!!

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
gluggglugg:

You may be right. Let's keep an eye on this though.

Conjur, that may be true of many legal rights, but I don't think it is true in elections. We don't have adequate statutory safeguards as far as I know for removing someone elected fraudulenty. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this would have to be a lawsuit arising under the U.S. Constitution alleging a breach of the equal protection clause, I would assume. If it went to the Supremes we already know they'd break for Kerry, right? :)

-Robert

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Moose smartly farts in the direction of Conjur, hoping to put out his eyes, but is unable to move forward to charge because he's stuck in reverse and he's been chewing those Republican Skittles in Lemon. :)

-Robert

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: chess9
gluggglugg:

You may be right. Let's keep an eye on this though.

Conjur, that may be true of many legal rights, but I don't think it is true in elections. We don't have adequate statutory safeguards as far as I know for removing someone elected fraudulenty. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this would have to be a lawsuit arising under the U.S. Constitution alleging a breach of the equal protection clause, I would assume. If it went to the Supremes we already know they'd break for Kerry, right? :)

-Robert
Or if we had a 269-269 EV tie, the House would select Bush as President.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: chess9
Moose smartly farts in the direction of Conjur, hoping to put out his eyes, but is unable to move forward to charge because he's stuck in reverse and he's been chewing those Republican Skittles in Lemon. :)

-Robert

I prefer rose colored glasses & peppermint, thank you;)

Where's my tinfoil?

I'd actually rather be @ work, but am @ war with my state regulating agency, sh1t, get busted firing a gun @ someone, just once, & it haunts you forever...

Feb 3, 2001
The same way that Kerry supporters foam at the mouth, chanting about how the Draft is coming back in June '05. The simple and honest answer is that people en masse are DUMB AS DOORKNOBS :) The folks who congregate in places like this are NOT representative of society at large, these are, sad as it may be, the smarter folks.

Jason

Originally posted by: randym431
I just cant buy that so many hidden people were discovered, and convinced to vote for Bush. And even though Gays aren?t the most liked people in society, I cant believe people would turn out in force thinking Gay marriage was around the corner (which it isn?t & never was). How or why would a voter think some Gay couples are going to be allowed to marry, and be so concerned about that, but ignore the fact jobs are going and costs are rising.

Feb 3, 2001
Why would you hope that a fop like Kerry runs again? If you're smart, you'll hope that the Democrats find someone WORTH VOTING FOR. The trouble isn't that Kerry was any worse than Bush, it's that he wasn't any better.

Jason

Originally posted by: randym431
The losers will always start eating their own lookig for excuses and finger pointing.

Not me, just things I noticed. I truly pray he'll run again in 2008. Especially when everyone voting for Bush realize (and they will), that we were right. Maybe when your job is lost and sent to India, or you get ill from eating fish, or when you're paying $9 a gal for gas, or when the troops death tool reach 3000 you'll wake up (then again, probably not)?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Conjur:

That too, which would be an exercise in futility of course.

-Robert

irwincur

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2002
There is the distinct possibility that there are a lot of people that got sick of the negative, whiney, hateful BS liberals were spouting for the last two years. It is also possible that people got sick of the media acting as a political tool, issuing fraudulent documents, fake polling numbers, etc... I may be wrong but, these types of childish events typically turn off ADULT voters, and push them towards the other party.

Considering the only group Kerry can claim were the youth and coastal elites (read ex hippies who never grew up, or grew out of their trust funds) this makes sense. Every other ADULT groups or rational and reasonable thinkers saw through the smoke screen.

I can't remember the last time anyone won an election by running purely on negative attacks without a real solution for anything.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: glugglug
Originally posted by: conjur
Surprising Pattern of Florida's Election Results
http://ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm

Look at the Percent Change columns and notice how it appears some counties show 100% voter participation by registered Republicans or even higher.

Interestingly the optical scan county results look WORSE than the touchscreens, in fact in many cases it looks like the vote choices are REVERSED!!!!!!!.

Baker county: 69.3% are registered democrats, 77.7% of the vote went to Bush.
Bradford county: 61.4% are registered democrats (only 28.3% republican), 69.6% of the vote went to Bush.
Calhoun county: 82.4% are registered democrats, 63.4% of the vote went to Bush.
Dixie county: 77.5% registered democrats, 68.8% of the vote went to Bush.
Lafayette county: 82.8% registered democrats, 74% of the vote went to Bush.

The list goes on. Basically, the entire optical scan list looks like the percentages are inverted. But having lived in Florida 25 years and being familiar with some of those areas, I am inclined to believe it is the registered voter counts, not the vote which are backwards.

Definity screwed.

Isaiah

May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: irwincur
There is the distinct possibility that there are a lot of people that got sick of the negative, whiney, hateful BS liberals were spouting for the last two years. It is also possible that people got sick of the media acting as a political tool, issuing fraudulent documents, fake polling numbers, etc... I may be wrong but, these types of childish events typically turn off ADULT voters, and push them towards the other party.

Considering the only group Kerry can claim were the youth and coastal elites (read ex hippies who never grew up, or grew out of their trust funds) this makes sense. Every other ADULT groups or rational and reasonable thinkers saw through the smoke screen.

I can't remember the last time anyone won an election by running purely on negative attacks without a real solution for anything.

Hmm looking at the numbers, I would have to say that being an adult had nothing to do with it(unless adult has new meaning now?).

However, it looks like how often you go to church does

More Than Weekly (16%) 64% 35%
Weekly (26%) 58% 41%
Monthly (14%) 50% 49% *
A Few Times a Year (28%) 45% 54%
Never (15%) 36% 62%

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004

I can. It was like 2 days ago.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ok, why don't you Bush supporters take a look at that graph Conjur just posted above and give us a rational explanation for the numbers?

the easiest explanation is registered voters either didnt vote for Kerry and voted Bush. Or unregistered voters voted Bush.

Secondly Florida has a huge immigration of people from other states. It was estimated only about 50%% of the people who voted in 2000 voted in 2003 due to these very issues.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002

1988 (Bush Sr.)

I would say 2000, but I don't consider that to have been an "election" or "won".

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
Ok, why don't you Bush supporters take a look at that graph Conjur just posted above and give us a rational explanation for the numbers?

the easiest explanation is registered voters either didnt vote for Kerry and voted Bush. Or unregistered voters voted Bush.

Secondly Florida has a huge immigration of people from other states. It was estimated only about 50%% of the people who voted in 2000 voted in 2003 due to these very issues.
How can unregistered voters vote?

AlricTheMad

Jun 25, 2001
Problem is, everywhere electronic voting was used except Nevada, we have no way of telling.
There is no mechanism to check that the vote count on the machine was equal to what people put in.
Nevada (AFAIK) was the only state that required a printed, voter verifiable record.

I'm not saying Kerry could have won, for all we know Bush might have garnerd more votes.

some audit tool is necessary to verify the votes. Currently there is no such thing as a 'recount' in MD.

Pat

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Genx87

If I can see some verified data on a major media website I'll look @ the data. Till then, looking @ the main site is enough to make me want to puke.

Keep it up, the Libertarians will be the 2nd party soon.

Politics is not for the fainthearted, nor for those slow of foot.

While you're arguing this crap, the Democrats are already reinventing themselves.

The Dems lost the young latino vote, that says a lot.

You guys are akin to the gazelle that stops to look @ his buddy that just got taken down by the lion, the lion's buddy will make lunch out of you, run fool. 06' is coming & the public is tired of the partisanship & crap.

assemblage

May 21, 2003
My district was fixed. We had 5 electronic voting machines that replaced the butterfly punch ballots. I thought the refresh rates on the screens was poor, so I guess that needs to be fixed.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
How can unregistered voters vote

Meaning new people who have never voted before in the state. afaik You dont have to register party affiliation to vote.

Edit:
Actually I am quite sure you dont have to register party affiliation. The column on that website that shows the registered voters doesnt usually add upto a 100% total. For instance Broward county had a 26.8% registered republican minority and a 50.5% registered democrat majority. That leaves~ 22% of registered voters non party affiliated.

As a further edit: Isnt your contention that the electronic touchscreens are being tampered? Am I missing something or are the optical reading machines that are the machines showing irregularities?!?!?!?

The website even states this at the bottom.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
If I can see some verified data on a major media website I'll look @ the data. Till then, looking @ the main site is enough to make me want to puke.

Keep it up, the Libertarians will be the 2nd party soon.

Politics is not for the fainthearted, nor for those slow of foot.

While you're arguing this crap, the Democrats are already reinventing themselves.

The Dems lost the young latino vote, that says a lot.

You guys are akin to the gazelle that stops to look @ his buddy that just got taken down by the lion, the lion's buddy will make lunch out of you, run fool. 06' is coming & the public is tired of the partisanship & crap.
And that would be bad? That would be GREAT.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Wait till Michael Moore and George Soros and Moveon get ahold of this one :D

Please, please pursue this with all your energy! It will resonate with the American public like you can't believe. Tie this into "Bush knew" and you've got the next campaign lined up!

Maybe by 2012 you'll start to understand...

(PS Kudos to the scant smattering of reasonble libs (if you count red dawn as a lib - gosh it looks like nobody is!) who are discounting this silliness. The rest of you - well what else could be expected. 48 hours later, right back into your old habits that failed you last time).

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
In Florida, voters who do not select a party, or who select Independent, as I did, are denominated 'OTHER" on the rolls. I don't know why they don't show up on the tabulation posted by Conjur, other than their numbers might not be relevant.
-Robert

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
The optical scan numbers on that list I think they just have the registration percentages switched.

On the E-Touchscreen counties, Hillsborough, Indian River, Nassau, and Sumter look VERY suspicious to me. Nassau is just a ridiculous change, and Hillsborough, where my parents are, has had a lot of immigrants from Toronto area in recent years, who would definately NOT be voting for Bush, yet they show a huge (51.2%!) increase in Republican votes for that county and not for Democrat.