Could this election have been fixed?

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Could this election have been fixed? I keep reading articles on how baffling the exit polls were when compared to the counted vote. Even the Des Moines Register, here, did its own exit polling which found a large turnout for Kerry. When ask why the difference between their exit polls and the count, the Register said ?we don?t know, it doesn?t add up?. I hear and read the same from exit pollers all over the country. Could it just be, the exit polls were right and the count was wrong? One large exit polling company said they had not seen this type of difference since 2000, in Florida. FLORIDA? Hello!!! This needs to be looked into, especially since Ohio was the key here for the winner. And Ohio, like Florida, just had enough votes turn up to favor Bush. Something smells really bad here! Could it possibly be someone, wanting to favor Republicans, could have devised a system to alter the vote that?s turned in? Could thousands and millions of votes been added to the Bush coffers? Sound like a spy novel in the making? Or maybe a ?Mission Impossible? TV show plot? Wouldn?t it be amazing if someone could and did actually devise a system to do this. And do it so that its totally un detected?
Republicans are very loyal. Its always been said they get out and vote, where as Democrats don?t vote. If that?s true, and as a Democrat I know it is, then where did the Republicans find all these ?sleeping? Republican voters? I don?t think there?s such a thing. I haven?t heard of a single Democrat that says they voted Republican, and few independents. But the Republicans claim they found and got out all these ?sleeping? voters who just happened to love an idiot president that has wrecked the air and water , started his own personal war, and lost a lot of jobs people had before he came into office. Do you buy that? I Don?t! And the news media keep saying more voters turned out this time than ever before, but they voted for Bush. What? Makes absolutely no sense at all. So I wonder, could they, did they (someone) actually figure out how to tinker with the system of voting? There are so many areas of voting that are electronic now. Even punch cards are read electronically, not to mention the new all electronic voting machines. Anyone on the internet knows how easy it is to get hacked, viruses or bugs via email or just by being online. Someone always figures out a way to beat security and get a virus into your PC. So what?s so shocking that someone figures out how to tinker and alter your vote after you?ve punched or selected that candidate? All I can say is its becoming more and more fishy the large number of votes cast (in all), and how so many just happened to go to Bush. Will we ever know for sure? How deep is the deception? If this is and was possible, and if it did happen in this country, you know what that would mean. It would mean that freedom in this country is over, friends. All over! If these exit polls were right, then we?re in serious trouble!

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: TravisT
lol, the conspiracy begins!

No conspiracy here. Kerry wanted all the votes counted so there wouldn't be any tin-foil hat scanarios.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
word has it the exit polls might have been fixed by the group paid to do them...trying to influence the election....

some are calling for congress to investigate.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Yes it was rigged. We all know we should just use the exit polling instead of the regular voting. :roll:

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
The exit pollsters are saying the later data that came in showed Bush was going to win. The incorrect data was the preliminary first wave, and was raw data, before taking into consideration formulas and adjustments based on locations and sample.

The main problem was the leaking of raw data. Look around, get the facts.

dardin211

Oct 3, 2002
I've been wondering this as well. The exit polls are run by private businesses, they make money off of these. It's very bad for business to be wrong, so I have a hard time believing as well that exit polls were just wrong.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
No it wasn't fixed. Bush supporters mobilized and voted in droves.
Exit polling reflects actual turn out. There has to be another explanation.

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
Look around, read. It's out there.

Originally posted by: Valvoline6
The exit pollsters are saying the later data that came in showed Bush was going to win. The incorrect data was the preliminary first wave, and was raw data, before taking into consideration formulas and adjustments based on locations and sample.

It's out there.

Originally posted by: Ldir

Even the networks didn't like to use exit polling for predictions this year. Many said that exit polling was NOT supposed to be a predictor, and that with voter turnout this large in such a close election, exit polling was LESS reliable.

THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION. BUSH WON. GET OVER IT.

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004

Ding...Ding...Ding ! :light:

:thumbsup:

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: FallenHero

Even the networks didn't like to use exit polling for predictions this year. Many said that exit polling was NOT supposed to be a predictor, and that with voter turnout this large in such a close election, exit polling was LESS reliable.

Die bold or there crappy software could have easly been rigid to give more votes to bush.

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
I just cant buy that so many hidden people were discovered, and convinced to vote for Bush. And even though Gays aren?t the most liked people in society, I cant believe people would turn out in force thinking Gay marriage was around the corner (which it isn?t & never was). How or why would a voter think some Gay couples are going to be allowed to marry, and be so concerned about that, but ignore the fact jobs are going and costs are rising.

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
Spencer, man, get the facts. I even gave you a link to an article by the Washington Post. No conspiracy, get over it.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah, fixed:disgust:

New Woes Surface in Use of Estimates

Or was the horses mouth fixed too?

"The exit polls got it flat wrong," asserted Charles Gibson yesterday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

That is wrong, countered Joe Lenski of Edison Media Research, which conducted Tuesday's exit poll with Mitofsky International for the National Election Pool, a consortium of the major television networks and the Associated Press. "No wrong projections [of winners] were made; the projections were spot on," he said. "The members used this data with sophistication and understanding of what data can and cannot be used for."

Election Day 2004 was a roller-coaster ride for the two presidential candidates and for the political press corps. Successive waves of the national exit poll in the afternoon and evening reported that Kerry had a two- or three-percentage-point lead over Bush nationally and in several key states, including Ohio.

Preliminary exit poll results had leaked throughout the day and were posted on a number of Web sites, including the widely viewed Drudge Report site, which added to the confusion and fanned the media frenzy.

To compound the problem further, a server at Edison/Mitofsky malfunctioned shortly before 11 p.m. The glitch prevented access to any exit poll results until technicians got a backup system operational at 1:33 a.m. yesterday.

The crash occurred barely minutes before the consortium was to update its exit polling with the results of later interviewing that found Bush with a one-point lead. Instead, journalists were left relying on preliminary exit poll results released at 8:15 p.m., which still showed Kerry ahead by three percentage points.

It was only after the polls had closed in most states and the vote count was well underway in the East that it became clear that Bush was in a stronger position in several key battlegrounds, including Ohio, than early exit polls suggested.

Some problems are inevitable. A total of 12,047 randomly selected voters were interviewed Tuesday as they left their polling places, and those results were fed into computers. The accumulated results were reported several times over the course of Election Day.

Results based on the first few rounds of interviewing are usually only approximations of the final vote. Printouts warn that estimates of each candidate's support are unreliable and not for on-air use. Those estimates are untrustworthy because people who vote earlier in the day tend to be different from those who vote in the middle of the day or the evening. For instance, the early national sample Tuesday that was 59 percent female probably reflected that more women vote in the day than the evening.

That is why the early leaks anger Lenski. "The basic issue here is the leaking of this information without any sophisticated understanding or analysis, in a way that makes it look inaccurate," he said.

After the survey is completed and the votes are counted, the exit poll results are adjusted to reflect the actual vote, which in theory improves the accuracy of all the exit poll results, including the breakdown of the vote by age, gender and other characteristics.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Spencer, man, get the facts. I even gave you a link to an article by the Washington Post. No conspiracy, get over it.

I'm just commenting on how secure there software is with backdoor and other holes.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: FallenHero

There are many other possible explanations. Get over yourself.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I mentioned this in another thread, but when I'm approached after voting by someone doing exit polling, I lie. I think exit polls have no value and I don't feel obligated to tell the truth.

Maybe a lot of people are like me, and lied about who they voted for.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Niel Bortz made a good comment today. What is the most likely demographic that would take time out of their schedules to stop and fill out a survey form that asks all sorts of personal questions? Women!

Exit polls were off because they most likely focused too much on one demographic.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
heh, I saw on my local news that 20% polled think bush won on a technicality.

Yeah...it...was...fixed....yeah, that's what happened.
:roll:

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
It's never a bad idea to take what we learned and make it better. Make the voting even more secure, make sure a paper receipt is printed etc. But this election has a clear winner. The Rasmussen poll had this election predicted almost exactly with both the states and popular vote. The result is not out of wack with the data that is out there.

Originally posted by: Spencer278

I'm just commenting on how secure there software is with backdoor and other holes.

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Well playing the devils advocate, which I often do, there?s an article in today?s Newsweek (I think it was Newsweek) about how bad the Kerry campaign was ran. That his wife caused problems. And how James Carvell almost quit because they would not take his advice or shape up. If all that?s true, that alone would be Kerry?s demise.