Corsair 1GB w/Platinum Heat Spreader Retail

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Speedo68

Jan 2, 2001
Try looking at your local Fry's or Outpost.com. Fry's is selling the same memory for $179 after $20 MIR. It is listed at $229 on Outpost.com. So be sure to check out Outpost for Corsair deals...

It was Twinx3200cpt2... It is running at 200 on my P4C800-E right now???

nosliw

May 5, 2001
So what is so great about this ram compared to the Buffalo (Winbond ch-5)? (see a few posts above)

mutant

Nov 23, 1999
Originally posted by: darwinyo
outpost corsair 1gb (2x512) pc3200 ram is 189 - 20 rebate = 169 now
Model #VS1GKIT400
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3746086
expires 9/18

newegg is cheaper before rebate but w/o the rebate

The RAM on sale at Outpost and Fry's (I believe) are the Corsair Value Series, which doesn't have as good latency numbers. Not sure if the Value Series are good for overclocking.

SexyK

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2001
For the record:

Googlegear Changes Name to ZipZoomFly.com
New Name Reaffirms Focus on High Performance Computer Products

Newark, CA, Sept 15, 2003 - Googlegear, a leading e-tailer of computer components, today announced that its company name and website address has changed to ZipZoomFly.com.

"We had originally named the company Googlegear because our goal at the time was to offer a seemingly endless selection of products," said President/CEO May Chan. "'Googlegear' reflected this purpose, but as our focus changed, so did our need for a new identity. Our commitment now is to deliver the highest performance computer products to our customers. ZipZoomFly.com signifies our promise to stay on top of the pace at which technology moves. Our current annual growth rate is in excess of 100%, and we expect the new identity to continue pushing us to new levels."

Googlegear was dubbed Intel Corporation's "Etailer of the Year" in March 2003. The company is certified by CNET and Dealtime, and is a ResellerRatings Elite and Bizrate Gold store.

ZipZoomFly.com will continue to excel in all the areas that Googlegear was known for: comprehensive selection, low prices, an easy-to-use website, and a high quality of customer service. Customers will not see any disruption in the name change; visitors to www.googlegear.com will automatically be redirected to ZipZoomFly.com.

JustMichael1

Jan 21, 2003
redmist01, could you change the title to reflect that it is actually 2x512MB sticks? I am looking for 1GB sticks NOT 2x512MB sticks! I am sure this title will mislead more than just me. :disgust:

Bacinator

Feb 6, 2003
Originally posted by: JustMichael1
I hate posts about 1GB ram when it is really only 2 - 512MB sticks instead of a real 1 GB stick. :|

I hate when people read "half pound of meat", and complain like f*cking babies when they get two quarter pounds. If you needed 2 sticks of 1gb stuff, you wouldn't be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Bacinator

Feb 6, 2003
Originally posted by: JustMichael1
redmist01, could you change the title to reflect that it is actually 2x512MB sticks? I am looking for 1GB sticks NOT 2x512MB sticks! I am sure this title will mislead more than just me. :disgust:

Why don't you post more discontent. I'm sure it helps you feel better.

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Please note: The website formerly known as Googlegear.com is not now and has never been associated with Google Inc., and is now zipzoomfly.com.
To go to zipzoomfly.com, click here.

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
Nothing, it performs about the same and costs wayyyyy more. Oh wait, never mind you get those flashy heatspreaders (which don't do sh*t for cooling) for $70 extra... Doesn't sound like a hot deal to me.

enddogg

Oct 17, 2001
For all those of you who don't know the purpose of dual channel RAM ... let me explain. The new Hyperthreading Intel Processors require the RAM to be put in in pairs otherwise you cannot take advantage of the hyperthreading technology which allows the processor to process 2 tasks at the same time as opposed to the traditional processor which can only process one task at a time. So as for me I'm getting the Retail Intel Deal (backordered) and I will be wanting a GB of Ram ... don't want to pay $245 for it but looks like I'm gonna have to

johndou1

Jun 25, 2002
But do you have to get a matched set or could I just get 2 - 1 GB pc2700 sticks and be good to go?
I am running the 3.06GHz with HT