Corsair 1GB w/Platinum Heat Spreader Retail

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Quixotic
Originally posted by: ShotgunEd
wow somebody ripped off google gear

ZipZoomFly *is* Googlegear... they're changing their name...

are u serious about this? i want to order this and i trust googlegear, so if they are really googlegear, i think i'll pull the trigger

modedepe

Diamond Member
May 11, 2003
It's googlegear. I was curious about the resellerratings for this place, since I hadn't heard of it before. So I searched zipzoomfly on resellerratings and up came the ratings for googlegear.

nvmyz71

Jun 23, 2001
Yeah... this is googlegear alright. Try going to www.googlegear.com

What's the regular price on this memory?? I can't find it on Newegg so I don't have anything to compare it with.

AnimEva

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
what a stupid name for a store. I think Googlegear was getting some heat for having GOOGLE in their name.

AdamsJabbar

Sep 20, 2000
These "1 GB" memory listings on sites like Googlegear (ZipZoomFly or whatever they are now), Newegg and others are really annoying. They list 2x512MB modules as 1GB. Why don't they advertise 8x128MB or 16x64MB or, my favorite, 128x8MB sticks as 1GB?

FS: 1GB memory kit...128 sticks of 8MB PC4000000000000000000 memory for only 20 bucks....
rolleye.gif

perfectfire

Apr 1, 2003
can't 512MB sticks of PC3200 ram be had for <$100 a piece? What makes this deal so good?

Edit: I see, it must be the latency settings.

schuang74

Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: perfectfire
can't 512MB sticks of PC3200 ram be had for <$100 a piece? What makes this deal so good?

Well if you just want any type of memory..... sure......

Still, this deal is OK, not great, but its a few bucks cheaper then if you were to buy them separate.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002

Uh yes, this is the best of the best kind of memory, very low latency, very overclockable.

docinthebox

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: wetcat007

Uh yes, this is the best of the best kind of memory, very low latency, very overclockable.

The Corsair 3200LL is better.

JoyDutta

Aug 3, 2003
Not that great of a deal!! I will wait for a better deal for upgrading from my PC2700 corsair XMS.

SuperShaz

Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: CherryBOMB
NewEgg has this for the same price so whats the big deal....?

Thats because newegg and googlegear (now zipzoomfly) are basically the same company. I've never fully understood it, but they always seem to have the same prices (just slight differences or shipping differences usually.) I've ordered from both of them. The boxes that came both had the same return addresses.

nvmyz71

Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperShaz

Thats because newegg and googlegear (now zipzoomfly) are basically the same company. I've never fully understood it, but they always seem to have the same prices (just slight differences or shipping differences usually.) I've ordered from both of them. The boxes that came both had the same return addresses.

Um... no. Just because they have similar pricing doesn't mean they're the same company.

nosliw

May 5, 2001
Would someone please help me understand?
Aside from the 'matched set' aspect, is there anything better about this ram than the Buffalo (Winbond CH-5) PC3200 from this thread that does 220+ MHz @ 2-2-2 in this review. This Buffalo is selling for $88 per 512MB stick (ie 2 sticks = 1 GB is $176 with free 2nd day shipping).

Quixotic

Oct 16, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperShaz

are you sure about the same return addresses? Their contact info, domain name info, everything, etc seems to be different enough to suggest they're two separate entities.

BTW, it looks like GoogleGear transferred ownership of their domain to Google. Its still using Googlegear's DNS but that's prolly just temporary until all their customers have been properly routed to the new domain.