cop mentality ...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
13,479
2
81
Originally posted by: brigden
I'd say about 75% of police officers are white trash.

I'd say about 75% of your brain is useless mush. The other 25% of course being geared specifically toward collar popping.

Originally posted by: boredhokie
The way bradruth explains it (blames judges) makes me glad that being a judge requires a decent education. They can better realize what spirit of the law means than the cops with mustaches and shaved heads who can't think in terms other than black or white.

The way I explain it is how the world works. I believe about 8 of our 100 or so Officers have mustaches and none have shaved heads.
 

boredhokie

Senior member
May 7, 2005
625
0
0
Originally posted by: bradruth
Originally posted by: brigden
I'd say about 75% of police officers are white trash.

I'd say about 75% of your brain is useless mush. The other 25% of course being geared specifically toward collar popping.

Originally posted by: boredhokie
The way bradruth explains it (blames judges) makes me glad that being a judge requires a decent education. They can better realize what spirit of the law means than the cops with mustaches and shaved heads who can't think in terms other than black or white.

The way I explain it is how the world works. I believe about 8 of our 100 or so Officers have mustaches and none have shaved heads.


Well thats exactly my point - that's how your world works, so its a good thing you have educated overseers to keep your gestappo-like reliance on law to do your thinking for you from causing too much harm.
 

mchammer

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
3,152
0
0
Originally posted by: boredhokie
Originally posted by: bradruth
Originally posted by: brigden
I'd say about 75% of police officers are white trash.

I'd say about 75% of your brain is useless mush. The other 25% of course being geared specifically toward collar popping.

Originally posted by: boredhokie
The way bradruth explains it (blames judges) makes me glad that being a judge requires a decent education. They can better realize what spirit of the law means than the cops with mustaches and shaved heads who can't think in terms other than black or white.

The way I explain it is how the world works. I believe about 8 of our 100 or so Officers have mustaches and none have shaved heads.


Well thats exactly my point - that's how your world works, so its a good thing you have educated overseers to keep your gestappo-like reliance on law to do your thinking for you from causing too much harm.

Are you retarded? The laws are written and voted upon to be followed by the officer. The judges are also part of the lawmaking process. Why would you want a cop who disregarded the law?
 

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
13,479
2
81
Originally posted by: boredhokie
Well thats exactly my point - that's how your world works, so its a good thing you have educated overseers to keep your gestappo-like reliance on law to do your thinking for you from causing too much harm.

That's how the real world works. Do you have any idea how many cops are college educated (myself included)? And apparently you have absolutely no concept of discretion, nor do you have the experience to know how immensely the decision-making given by that discretion varies.
 

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
10,539
0
0
After duplicating (and reading ) the training manual that South Carolina uses to train Police Officers, I can tell you that 99% of the time, they look for the most egreious violation to fall into their laps.<br> Police are not here to protect you or to prevent crime in general. They are here to clean up after the fact, take reports and to protect BIG BUSINESS interests FIRST. Any time they have left is spent turning citizens into criminals, hopefully felons, so that their rights can be limited and the number of voters reduced.
They will wait until the most stupid of criminals make a mistake that makes it easy to arrest and CONVICT them. Little ,if any time or manpower is spent invetsigating petty crime such as burglary or assault against citizens. But make an act against a big business interest and watch the "Wheels of Justice" burn rubber as they get into action.
This is my opinion and you are free to disagree,until that right is removed from the Constitution with what will surely be PATRIOT ACT 3.
Arm yourselves and prepare to defend The (Former) Constitution of the United States as it is under attack from enemies within it's borders and holding high office.
 

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
13,479
2
81
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
After duplicating (and reading ) the training manual that South Carolina uses to train Police Officers, I can tell you that 99% of the time, they look for the most egreious violation to fall into their laps.<br> Police are not here to protect you or to prevent crime in general. They are here to clean up after the fact, take reports and to protect BIG BUSINESS interests FIRST. Any time they have left is spent turning citizens into criminals, hopefully felons, so that their rights can be limited and the number of voters reduced.

:roll:
 

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
70,150
5
0
I think a lot has to do with boredom: "Am I so bored right now that I should pull this person over for not really doing anything?". or also their mood "Am I in a good enough mood that I will let this person go without a ticket?"

I know dick cops are out there but I've been pulled over four times and given zero tickets, so I don't have any hatred for them.
 

SilentZero

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
5,158
0
76
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: rh71
if I fly by a cop like the bike did, and the cruiser is just sitting there waiting for a light, would I practically be scot-free ? He obviously wouldn't have his radar gun out...
There are no radar "guns." Police cars generally have dash-mounted radar units which can be turned on or off at the press of a button (and the officers I know use it in 'pulse' mode, which turns it on for a split second to detect speed and then turns it off again, to deter radar detectors).

They are on whenever the car is on.

The last speeding ticket I recieved I asked to see the radar gun because I didn't think I was going as fast as he told me I was. The cop took me to his car, and let me see the radar gun, and even showed me how it worked and let me use it on on-comming cars. It was a stand-alone gun with a view finder and a pretty damn good range. You line the sight up with the on-comming cars license plate and squeeze the trigger, and their speed is recorded and shown on the display.
What is the difference between a 'laser' gun and a 'radar' gun? I mean they both record your speed so essentially they are the same thing in my opinion.
 

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
13,141
138
106
I believe that was a laser gun, Silent0. A radar gun doesn't have to be pointed at the license plate, but a laser needs something shiny to reflect off of, to get a reading.
 

ctracyw

Member
Mar 14, 2005
56
0
0
I have broken my share of laws, both traffic and otherwise, and I have been ticketed and arrested. Its silly to have malice towards the police. I chose to break the law and the police officer is simply doing his or her job. I am expected to repair process chillers by my employer just as cops are expected to enforce the law by theirs.
 

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
30,215
11
81
Man, some of you are idiots....yea I bitched a couple of weeks ago when a cop was giving me a hard time for nothing, but this is different. I speed consistantly, and have been lucky enough to never get a ticket. If I'm ever pulled over, I'll pay the ticket, maybe take it to court to try to get the points changed into community service or somethin, but I break the law, and if I get caught, I get caught.
 

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
13,479
2
81
Originally posted by: SilentZero
What is the difference between a 'laser' gun and a 'radar' gun? I mean they both record your speed so essentially they are the same thing in my opinion.

Laser = line of sight. You have to point it at your target, but they have tremendous range.

Radar = the signal covers a wide area, but with limited range.
 

kreactor

Senior member
Jan 3, 2005
709
0
76


"A man was speeding down the highway, feeling secure in a gaggle of cars all traveling at the same speed. However, as they passed a speed trap, he got nailed with an infrared speed detector and was pulled over. The officer handed him the citation, received his signature and was about to walk away when the man asked, "Officer, I know I was speeding, but I don't think it's fair - there were plenty of other cars around me who were going just as fast, so why did *I* get the ticket?"

"Ever go fishing?" the policeman suddenly asked the man.

"Ummm, yeah..." the startled man replied.

The officer grinned and added, "Ever catch *all* the fish?"
 

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
If I get a ticket, I'll pay it. I speed every day, and usually get one or two tickets a year. At about $300 per ticket, compared to all the time I save, it's really quite a bargain.