Colin Powell died of covid complications

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
WTF are you even trying to accuse me of? Being an antivax troll? LMFAO. Go fuck youself and take out your anger on your unvaccinated family, where it belongs.

I made a comment based on the article, as soon as someone posted that he was undergoing cancer treatment and likely why the vaccine wasn't effective I agreed with them.

This is even more ridiculous since just a month ago we went back and forth for pages because I said vaccination status should be considered when triaging and you lost your shit that I thought antivaxers should be responsible for their decisions. But now I'm an antivaxer because I shared a direct quote that said Colin Powell was vaccinated without providing further analysis.

You are the person derailing this thread wuth your bullshit attacks. Again find a single antivaccine comment I've ever made on here or STFU. If you look very hard, you'll find posts where I was pro HPV vaccine mandates a decade and a half ago. You'll also find out my family was in the novavax trial and my daughter was signed up for moderna kiddie trial.
Fuck off buddy! You are a fucking lying troll. Your post was the third one in the topic (go fucking read the first 2). NOBODY said anything about cancer yet. Yet, you posted "for those that won't read the article, he was vaccinated".. with no context... you are getting twisted in your own fucking lies. Not one fucking thing about cancer was said until 2 hours AFTER that post . I never said anything about antivaxers, or you being an antivaxer. I just said you purposely made a comment to derail this topic into a vaccination argument. Nowhere did I accuse you of being an antivaxer, you dont' have to be an antivaxer to be a troll and start shit up to argue about. You are now bringing in other conversations from months ago, that has nothing to do with it to substantiate your trolling.. I even told you if I mistook your response, I apologize, but here you are still drilling for an argument. Your response was deliberately to start an argument, and you have proven it. You are a fucking troll, and you are now blocked you fucking lying bitch!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zorba

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Fuck off buddy! You are a fucking lying troll. Your post was the third one in the topic (go fucking read the first 2). NOBODY said anything about cancer yet. Yet, you posted "for those that won't read the article, he was vaccinated".. with no context... you are getting twisted in your own fucking lies. Not one fucking thing about cancer was said until 2 hours AFTER that post . I never said anything about antivaxers, or you being an antivaxer. I just said you purposely made a comment to derail this topic into a vaccination argument. Nowhere did I accuse you of being an antivaxer, you dont' have to be an antivaxer to be a troll and start shit up to argue about. You are now bringing in other conversations from months ago, that has nothing to do with it to substantiate your trolling.. I even told you if I mistook your response, I apologize, but here you are still drilling for an argument. Your response was deliberately to start an argument, and you have proven it. You are a fucking troll, and you are now blocked you fucking lying bitch!

You misunderstood his comment. It seemed pretty clear to me what he meant.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
Back to the death certicate thing. I actually just filled one out. Kinda weird but I knew what they were after.

Cause of death: acute respiratory failure with hypoxia due to covid19 pneumonia with AML caused by agent orange.

The previos crash example would have been:

Cause of death: massive trauma associated with motor vehicle accident. Incidentally positive for COVID19.

I have actually argued with the death records people that covid did not contribute to a death in certain cases. Currently, we are required to post the covid testing status of every death we sign off on and if they are positive I have to at least check that box. I don't have to have it as a direct cause of death though.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
You misunderstood his comment. It seemed pretty clear to me what he meant.
How? Nothing was put into context.. Not a single thing was mentioned prior about vaccinations by the OP or the second poster. Not even the title implied he was not vaccinated or unvaccinated, it just said he died of COVIC complications. There was no indication that his vaccination status was in question by anyone. Then he goes on and lies trying to justify his actions. So please, stop defending the troll based on your assumption of what he meant because someone may have assumed that Powell was not vaccinated without reading the article. It was deliberate to immediately start an argument on the subject of vaccinations and derail the topic. Hell, you made a better case on why he posted it, than he did, without even lying, even though there is nothing that really indicated that was his reasoning, form a his single sentence post.

Last edited:
  • Haha

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
How? Nothing was put into context.. Not a single thing was mentioned prior about vaccinations by the OP or the second poster. Not even the title implied he was not vaccinated or unvaccinated, it just said he died of COVIC complications. Then he goes on and lies trying to justify his actions. So please, stop defending the troll based on your assumption of what he meant because someone may have assumed that Powell was not vaccinated without reading the article. It was deliberate to immediately start an argument on the subject.

Point is that everyone surely is aware that the vaccine does not make you invulnerable. Maybe that's not in your mind, but it is in mine, given the number of people I know who, though fully-vaccinated, are still clearly at risk, and most-of-all they are at risk from those who aren't vaccinated. That's the context which I had in mind when I read that comment.

If vaccination made everyone completely invulnerable there'd be very little basis for being upset with anti-vaxxers. It's in good part because it doesn't, it just greatly reduces the _probability_ of bad outcomes, that one wants as many people as possible to be vaccinated, to suppress the spread of the virus.

You are the one who read into the comment some sort of anti-vaccine implication.

Doing so seems to me to suggest that you are coming at it with the idea that the only two possibilities are "the vaccine is 100% effective at preventing all bad outcomes" or "the vaccine is no good, and shouldn't be bothered with"?

Reactions: dank69 and Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How? Nothing was put into context.. Not a single thing was mentioned prior about vaccinations by the OP or the second poster. Not even the title implied he was not vaccinated or unvaccinated, it just said he died of COVIC complications. Then he goes on and lies trying to justify his actions. So please, stop defending the troll based on your assumption of what he meant because someone may have assumed that Powell was not vaccinated without reading the article. It was deliberate to immediately start an argument on the subject of vaccinations and derail the topic. Hell, you made a better case on why he posted it, than he did, without even lying, even though there is nothing that really indicated that was his reasoning, form a his single sentence post.
The only person arguing about it is you. You can see my reply to eskimospy, where it was first mentioned Powell had cancer and I clearly said yes that made him high risk. I even clearly explained my post to you, yet you are still raging about how I must have some hidden agenda backed up by literally zero of my thousand posts about covid and vaccines.

Reactions: dank69

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
-STOP letting your dog shit in my yard

OH! AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
I have had this problem for something like a year now. Over the years I have caught a few people letting their dog shit on my front lawn, which is tiny. I have stepped in dog shit quite a few times and it's disgusting.

I haven't been lucky enough to witness who's letting their canine do this the last year or so. I watch carefully when I have to walk on my lawn for turds. There are dried turds on there now, I'm tired of discarding them with platic bags. I don't spend much time out there, and my front yard is so small, a dog walker would probably walk by if they spotted me. Still, I should get lucky eventually and I'll scold them. I posted at Nextdoor and was told that any responsible dog owner should carry a plastic bag to pick up their dog's poop.

Rage on! I'm with you, so many people don't really care about the mess they're making of the world.

I agree with ALL your pet peeves!!!

I wear no cologne, or jewelry. I cut my own hair the last dozen years or so, have saved I figure over $3000 doing that and over a 100 trips to a cutting establishment. I'm pretty good at it now.

Homemade Haircut:

Last edited:
Reactions: JEDIYoda

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
He was dead to me since he lied the US into Iraq war. This just made it official.
I heard today that Sadam purposely made it appear that he had WMD to deter actions by Iran. I don't think he lied, he just didn't realize it was a ruse by Sadam.
but you won't hear that on Fox tonight.
I won't because I don't go there.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yes, he was 84 and had other underlying issues. Could they have led to his demise next week? Maybe. However, he had covid and died before that possibility could come to pass, so I see no reason not to label this as a covid-related death.
But you didn't say "covid-related" you said "covid/covid complications as the cause of death."

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I have had this problem for something like a year now. Over the years I have caught a few people letting their dog shit on my front lawn, which is tiny. I have stepped in dog shit quite a few times and it's disgusting.

I haven't been lucky enough to witness who's letting their canine do this the last year or so. I watch carefully when I have to walk on my lawn for turds. There are dried turds on there now, I'm tired of discarding them with platic bags. I don't spend much time out there, and my front yard is so small, a dog walker would probably walk by if they spotted me. Still, I should get lucky eventually and I'll scold them. I posted at Nextdoor and was told that any responsible dog owner should carry a plastic bag to pick up their dog's poop.

Rage on! I'm with you, so many people don't really care about the mess they're making of the world.

I agree with ALL your pet peeves!!!

I wear no cologne, or jewelry. I cut my own hair the last dozen years or so, have saved I figure over $3000 doing that and over a 100 trips to a cutting establishment. I'm pretty good at it now.

Homemade Haircut:

Off topic:
You need to get a Ring cam or whatever to catch them in the act. Pick up the poop and leave it on their door step so they step in it.

Get a dog and let it poop on their lawn.

On topic.
Fox news shit for no brains...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
On topic.
Fox news shit for no brains...
Anybody who goes on TV and pontificates about a disease based on a single case should be out of work at the end of the day and that should just be the start of their troubles.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Point is that everyone surely is aware that the vaccine does not make you invulnerable. Maybe that's not in your mind, but it is in mine, given the number of people I know who, though fully-vaccinated, are still clearly at risk, and most-of-all they are at risk from those who aren't vaccinated. That's the context which I had in mind when I read that comment.

If vaccination made everyone completely invulnerable there'd be very little basis for being upset with anti-vaxxers. It's in good part because it doesn't, it just greatly reduces the _probability_ of bad outcomes, that one wants as many people as possible to be vaccinated, to suppress the spread of the virus.

You are the one who read into the comment some sort of anti-vaccine implication.

Doing so seems to me to suggest that you are coming at it with the idea that the only two possibilities are "the vaccine is 100% effective at preventing all bad outcomes" or "the vaccine is no good, and shouldn't be bothered with"?
What does all of that have to do with his trolling one sentence comment about pointing out the Powell was vaccinated to those that chose not to read the article when nothing was mentioned aboaut vaccines, and was not the topic of the discussion, or even in question by anyone yet? Again, he put no context with his one sentence comment. No where did I read it as any antivax response. I read it as a response to start an argument about vaccines with no indication on which side of the fence he sat on, which you just jumped into it head first, trying to defend his trolling.

It's impossible for anyone to get all you said here from that one sentence he posted. Hell, I am not even sure where you get I am arguing about vaccines and their effectiveness at all. All I am arguing is zorba's post was for trolling purposes only, which he tried to defend by with manipulation and straight up lying.
Vaccine effectiveness is a completley another subject, which we already have a thread on. It seems you are jumping on his bandwagon to start arguing vaccines with him. Hmmm, seems like a trolling tag team .. exactly why I use to have you on ignore for over a year... back you go.

Last edited:
  • Haha

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I heard today that Sadam purposely made it appear that he had WMD to deter actions by Iran. I don't think he lied, he just didn't realize it was a ruse by Sadam.
Yeah, no, he lied. And then he blamed the intelligence community when his lie was exposed. Now, having lived a long life, he's going to be buried next to soldiers who died before their life really got started, because of his lie.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
From covering up the My Lai incident , Iran-Contra and then helping to start the Iraqi war with his lies, gotta love the retconing of his image to be one of the 'good guys'

Reactions: pmv and TheVrolok

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
How? Nothing was put into context.. Not a single thing was mentioned prior about vaccinations by the OP or the second poster. Not even the title implied he was not vaccinated or unvaccinated, it just said he died of COVIC complications. There was no indication that his vaccination status was in question by anyone. Then he goes on and lies trying to justify his actions. So please, stop defending the troll based on your assumption of what he meant because someone may have assumed that Powell was not vaccinated without reading the article. It was deliberate to immediately start an argument on the subject of vaccinations and derail the topic. Hell, you made a better case on why he posted it, than he did, without even lying, even though there is nothing that really indicated that was his reasoning, form a his single sentence post.

It's been on the news all day. Understanding his status was not really breaking news.

I do not agree with your interpretation of his post (altho I can see where you initially could see it), and his record is pretty consistent on this issue.

One could make the argument he was clarifying Powell wasn't an antivax nutter who fucked around and found out.

Accept his clarification, there's not a debate here.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
What does all of that have to do with his trolling one sentence comment about pointing out the Powell was vaccinated to those that chose not to read the article when nothing was mentioned aboaut vaccines, and was not the topic of the discussion, or even in question by anyone yet? Again, he put no context with his one sentence comment. No where did I read it as any antivax response. I read it as a response to start an argument about vaccines with no indication on which side of the fence he sat on, which you just jumped into it head first, trying to defend his trolling.

It's impossible for anyone to get all you said here from that one sentence he posted. Hell, I am not even sure where you get I am arguing about vaccines and their effectiveness at all. All I am arguing is zorba's post was for trolling purposes only, which he tried to defend by with manipulation and straight up lying.
Vaccine effectiveness is a completley another subject, which we already have a thread on. It seems you are jumping on his bandwagon to start arguing vaccines with him. Hmmm, seems like a trolling tag team .. exactly why I use to have you on ignore for over a year... back you go.

Jesus dude Zorba isn't a troll you need to let this shit go. Notice you're the only one arguing this point?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Throwing a little anti-vax shade is what Fox needs to do to keep it's advertising revenues up by keeping it's viewers happy.

Recycling covid denier claims from last year is what a couple of useful idiots in this thread have done looking at JediYoda and maluckey1 (HomerJS is not one of them).

Reactions: hal2kilo