CoD: BO is terrible. Don't buy it.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I have only two main gripes with multiplayer that I want to spew out.

One of which, are the merry-go-round maps. You have to run around the map in a circle pattern shooting people in back after they spawn. Hopefully, they won't run in your direction of the circle or you'd likely be dead. I find it extremely difficult to kill more than two people with one weapon unlike MW or even WaW. And DO NOT, run in the middle of the merry-go round, even when your team is camping, or you will be raped repeatably. There is no flank in this game - just circles and hiding spaces.

Second gripe are the Ranks and unlocks. It's far too easy to rank up in this game and it doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. I get 10000 points for playing 25 games or for playing more than 3 hours....- is this the special Olympics of video gaming? Challenge accomplishment screens that flash after you completed them are more nuances than redeeming, and I'm more liable to hit the escape or right mouse button to minimize them. The 15 levels of prestige was a good idea, but the ends hardly justify the means.

Last edited:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
They apparently fixed spawning on the consoles... wheres my PC fix.

Kill more than two people with 1 weapon? I dont find that hard at all when I can get 8-9 with a gun before I run out of ammo.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
Check out this list.

Hey PC gamers:

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

IN PROGRESS

* • Added an option to create shaders during load time. This fixes hitching when viewing a new area of the map for the first time on some video cards.
* • Incomplete server browser results.
* • Improvements to Quickmatch results (with better ping and reduced lag)..
* • /connect
* • /reconnect
* • Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.
* • Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.
* • Increased reserved slots to 9.
* • Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match
* • Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* • Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
* • Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
* • Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
* • Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
* • Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
* • Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
* • Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
* • Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
* • Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option
* • Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
* • Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
* • Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
* • User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

LIVE FIXES

11/19
* • CPU performance improvements
* • Server browser bug fixes and tweaks to populate faster and do full refresh less often
* • Fixed crash when viewing leaderboards if player has more than 99 friends
* • Fix for locked ADS after pressing shift-TAB to bring up Steam overlay
* • Fix for ADS while holding shift as a sniper
* • CPU performance improvements
* • Zombie matchmaking improvements
* • Fix for locked ADS after pressing shift-TAB to bring up Steam overlay
* • Fix for ADS while holding shift as a sniper

11/11
* - Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
* - Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
* - Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.

11/10
* - GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.
* - GameServers.com continues to improve official server distribution in various worldwide regions.

Regards,
-JD

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=313146

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003
Anyone else notice an influx in aimbots this week? Some are completely blatant and their name is the website to dl the bot at lol.

coxmaster

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2007
Anyone else notice an influx in aimbots this week? Some are completely blatant and their name is the website to dl the bot at lol.

I have seen almost double the amount this week..

Although, before this week I had only seen one, so i guess im still not seeing the amount of hackers most people are reporting

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I've really fallen in love with the game, though there's still lag in some levels. It's playable though and hardly ever disturbs me anymore.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Any idea if friends will be able to join up as a group and remain on the same team?

coxmaster

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2007
Any idea if friends will be able to join up as a group and remain on the same team?

You already can in non-ranked.

I doubt they'll add it to the ranked servers because they claim it disrupts the balance of the game.

Which is true in many cases; but It would still be nice to have

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
I have to agree that this is a fucking terrible game except for zombies. How the fuck did it get so much critical acclaim?

SolidSnake42

Feb 9, 2010
I never plan on buying it. The last COD game that was worth any time was COD4, mainly because there was no bullshit perks, large servers, mods and overall great play. WaW had Nazi Zombies, but other than that, nothing has intrigued me and has actually gotten me to hate the COD series.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
I never plan on buying it. The last COD game that was worth any time was COD4, mainly because there was no bullshit perks, large servers, mods and overall great play. WaW had Nazi Zombies, but other than that, nothing has intrigued me and has actually gotten me to hate the COD series.

There are no BS perks in this one.

Axxarn

Dec 5, 2010
Does anyone know when the PC patch is coming?

My game keeps on freezing every 15 minutes