CoD: BO is terrible. Don't buy it.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
As others said, that name pretty much just sounds stupid..

And its not like you came up with the name anyway.

I did come up with it, just it seems I didn't get there first... Also the name is meant to sound stupid that's the point.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
i don't mind console graphics, some of you guys let Crysis spoil you so much you can't even enjoy playing video games anymore unless it looks like a photograph. That must suck to have your entertainment be limited in choice like that, like owning only 1 game system with only a few releases a year you can play, Mac users know that feeling lol

i can play anything, i don't care what the graphics look like, its all about the gameplay and something called fun.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Played another hour or so of the single player and still find it boring, although some of the cutscenes are pretty entertaining. I'm astounded at how on rails this game is. I mean, COD games have always been pretty linear, but in the older COD games you at least had a bit of freedom.

In this game you literally can't stray more than 10 feet from the intended path, for the entire game. It makes MW2 look like a sandbox game. The game is constantly telling you what to do and how to do it, meaning you don't have to think at all.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
It's not an RPG. What do you want to do, go look in a bunch of empty buildings?

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Maybe he wanted to try different tactics or different ways of achieving the objectives rather than being led around by the nose.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
Its cod not fable, you buy the game for mp not sp. I haven't enjoyed cod sp since cod 4. Black ops is very balanced for a cod game and I love it. I just went 30-4 in free for all lol

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
i don't mind console graphics, some of you guys let Crysis spoil you so much you can't even enjoy playing video games anymore unless it looks like a photograph. That must suck to have your entertainment be limited in choice like that, like owning only 1 game system with only a few releases a year you can play, Mac users know that feeling lol

i can play anything, i don't care what the graphics look like, its all about the gameplay and something called fun.

I hated Crysis. I was bored after an hour or so. Graphics are whatever. Thats why games like Counter Strike are still alive and strong.

Oct 27, 2007
The Black Ops campaign is seriously among the worst games I have ever played. It's absolutely awful. I haven't played online enough to make a judgment yet, but so far it seems solid.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Just the way the game is made makes it shitty. What makes an individual play a game where the average life span is 2 seconds to a minute long is beyond me.

Mindless CRRAAAP.

"Oh I just spawned.... Damn someone killed me 2 seconds after spawning! I'll spawn again.. Oh it happened again! Fun! Lets do this all day!"

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I was lucky enough to be able to return my copy. I bought it, left it sealed (due to New Vegas) ended up watching a friend play it some, and played a zombie map (what a goddamn worthless, un-fun mode). Returned my copy the next day.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Just the way the game is made makes it shitty. What makes an individual play a game where the average life span is 2 seconds to a minute long is beyond me.

Mindless CRRAAAP.

"Oh I just spawned.... Damn someone killed me 2 seconds after spawning! I'll spawn again.. Oh it happened again! Fun! Lets do this all day!"

so uh, what fps games AREN'T that way?

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
I was lucky enough to be able to return my copy. I bought it, left it sealed (due to New Vegas) ended up watching a friend play it some, and played a zombie map (what a goddamn worthless, un-fun mode). Returned my copy the next day.

:thumbsup:

I played it on console this weekend at a relatives ... glad I did not buy it. Sure it was OK, but the story was pretty bland/linear...but what more can i expect from an FPS I guess.

It felt like MW2.5

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
yes, if anything, the graphics are worse and the system requirements are higher, and the stuttering issue was terrible. However, I liked the story of the game.
I am a dedicated PC gamer, but honestly I wish I had just got this game for the xbox and played it with my friend on his xbox. actually you could even rent the game for the console and finish it before you had to take it back.
Unfortunately, there seems very little reason to game on the PC these days since almost every game is a poorly done console port and would play better on the console. Only blizzard is holding out against consolization, at least for now.

actually I bought it first on console.. and took it back the very next day..
was horrible on 360.. looked like crap played like crap..
took trade in hit and bought the PC version.
havent had any issues at all with it..
capped level 50 last night =D

Arsinek

Feb 9, 2010
I would have probably bought this game if it wasnt for the technical issues, stuttering etc. But I play FPS's for the mulitplayer and if thats broken, no thanks.

coxmaster

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2007
I would have probably bought this game if it wasnt for the technical issues, stuttering etc. But I play FPS's for the mulitplayer and if thats broken, no thanks.

I, along with millions of others, haven't had any trouble with MP whatsoever..

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008

Mindless CRRAAAP.

If you have a 360 you are more then welcome to friend request and watch my theatre, plenty of free for all wins with under 10 deaths. You must not be playing right

Oct 27, 2007
Just played online for a bit. Why the fuck did they nerf the C4 so bad? It was nowhere near overpowered, it was just fun to use. Now it's miserable, you can't sprint with it primed and the splash damage is pathetically small. So lame. So, so lame.

(I never played MW2 so don't know if it was different, this is in comparison to MW)

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Just played online for a bit. Why the fuck did they nerf the C4 so bad? It was nowhere near overpowered, it was just fun to use. Now it's miserable, you can't sprint with it primed and the splash damage is pathetically small. So lame. So, so lame.

(I never played MW2 so don't know if it was different, this is in comparison to MW)
Apparently the retards at Treyarch feel that the C4 & claymore being overpowered was more important than the lag, stuttering, horrendous performance so they patched it.

I hope Treyarch die. I will not buy anything Trash-Arch make in the near future but will definitely torrent it. Thanks for the $60 Beta Ops.

Oct 27, 2007
Apparently the retards at Treyarch feel that the C4 & claymore being overpowered was more important than the lag, stuttering, horrendous performance so they patched it.

I hope Treyarch die. I will not buy anything Trash-Arch make in the near future but will definitely torrent it. Thanks for the $60 Beta Ops.
Neither of them were ever overpowered though! They were just right, why nerf them so hard? C4 was my favourite weapon :(

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I dislike how they nerfed scavenger. And the small maps and spawing system is meh. Otherwise, pretty fun.

Dangerer

Golden Member
Mar 15, 2005
shrugs... i enjoyed cod blops campaign a lot. played through halo reach last week and had to force myself to finish it.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
shrugs... i enjoyed cod blops campaign a lot. played through halo reach last week and had to force myself to finish it.

Comparing 2 consoles games is relevant how?
They are both consolegames and thus suck.