Clinton Supporters - Hang Tough!

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Now that we've heard the concession speech from Hillary, there is a push from both sides to capture the Clinton support base. That's only logical, the Clinton base is now the single most powerful voting block in the country. We are the ones that will decide this election. Hillary has been driven out of the race and Obama has delared himself the nominee, calling the Democratic party "MY PARTY".

Well, I have news for you Mr. Obama... Don't let the power go to your head to quickly. This is not your party. You are still the presumptive nominee and this is still OUR PARTY! IF we decide to give you the job, it will still be our party and you will work for us.

I am urging all Clinton supporters to unite and remain as an undecided voting block until the very end. Don't let either candidate take you for granted. Both sides are going to pull out all stops, trying to scoop up Clinton supporters as soon as possible. They know that once you are behind them it is very difficult to make you change your mind, so they want to get you now.

I won't try to tell you who should or should not get your vote in November. I am just asking that you remind them that they work for us. Let the rest of this contest be a job interview and make them truly work for your support. Watch both candidates, listen with an open mind, do your research, and make your final decision as you walk into the voting booth in November.

Remember, WE HAVE THE POWER!

Dec 10, 2005
I wouldn't say Clinton voters are the single largest voting block. They were only brought together by the fact that they wanted to vote for Clinton in the general election. The individuals reasons that would have made them vote for Clinton are how they break down and are thus really smaller groups.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
For me, it'll be a tough process to get over this. I just wanted her to win so bad.

Obviously, step 1 is to have a good cry. Is it okay if I talk about my feelings? Because I've been on an emotional roller coaster this past week.

RY62: I know you're hurting right now. If you ever need to have a good chat (and maybe shed a tear or two) about the emotional pain we're going through, just know I'm here. As a fellow supporter, I love you.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
:confused:

You people seriously are insane. Clinton's and Obama's policy proposals were nearly identical, while McCain is on a different planet.

WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR MCCAIN????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It is simply irrational.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
hehe, wow, come on now. Everyone knew someone would Lose. Holding a grudge makes as much sense as putting another Republican into the White House.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
I wouldn't say Clinton voters are the single largest voting block. They were only brought together by the fact that they wanted to vote for Clinton in the general election. The individuals reasons that would have made them vote for Clinton are how they break down and are thus really smaller groups.

I disagree.

For many of us that decided early, this has been a 17-month (or 15-year) journey and there's a huge emotional bond that joins us.

Whenever I meet other Clinton supporters, I say "I love you" to them. To me, it really feels good to say it out loud and it makes me wonder why I didn't start before. At first, they're a little weirded out, but before long, we're having a good cry together about the loss.

You have to understand where we are coming from. Have you ever wanted something so bad that you cry yourself to sleep at night every night? I never knew how much I cared about politics until Hillary ran for President and I got in so deep that my heart just hurts so much now that it's over.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: RY62
Now that we've heard the concession speech from Hillary, there is a push from both sides to capture the Clinton support base. That's only logical, the Clinton base is now the single most powerful voting block in the country. We are the ones that will decide this election. Hillary has been driven out of the race and Obama has delared himself the nominee, calling the Democratic party "MY PARTY".

Well, I have news for you Mr. Obama... Don't let the power go to your head to quickly. This is not your party. You are still the presumptive nominee and this is still OUR PARTY! IF we decide to give you the job, it will still be our party and you will work for us.

I am urging all Clinton supporters to unite and remain as an undecided voting block until the very end. Don't let either candidate take you for granted. Both sides are going to pull out all stops, trying to scoop up Clinton supporters as soon as possible. They know that once you are behind them it is very difficult to make you change your mind, so they want to get you now.

I won't try to tell you who should or should not get your vote in November. I am just asking that you remind them that they work for us. Let the rest of this contest be a job interview and make them truly work for your support. Watch both candidates, listen with an open mind, do your research, and make your final decision as you walk into the voting booth in November.

Do you really want McCain to be the next US President?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Life is bittersweet. Today has to end for tomorrow to come. The butterfly has to say good buy to the worm. What is is the Will of God and nothing can stand against that. Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I'll help you make your decision.

Visit Hillary Clinton's website and examine her issues.

Now that you know the issues of your candidate, visit Barack Obama's website and John McCain's website.

Compare Hillary's stand on the issues to that of Obama's and McCain's.

Now that you're an informed voter who knows each candidates stand on the issues, vote for the candidate who most closely reflects the values of Hillary Clinton.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: preslove
:confused:

You people seriously are insane. Clinton's and Obama's policy proposals were nearly identical, while McCain is on a different planet.

WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR MCCAIN????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It is simply irrational.

Not that simple. I've heard quite a few discussion of those that at the beginning were in a toss up over Clinton and Hussien. As the primary went on many of then decided on Clinton because they didn't like the other candidate. Some of them have already said it's time to hop on the Mccain bus while others are thinking about just not voting. Congrats DNC.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Siddhartha

I am UNDECIDED!
We'll see how they stack up on election day. Talk is cheap, like when you talk of a diferent kind of politics, coming from the ground up, and then declare this is MY PARTY. I'll be closely watching both candidates and will make my decision on the last day.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Also, remember that we're talking about a small block of Hillary voters who are actually considering voting for McCain. Roughly 10% out of her 17.5 million votes.

The average Hillary supporter isn't actually stupid enough to vote for McCain. And out of those who are, many will be swayed by Hillary's own words over the next five months of stumping for Obama.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

I am UNDECIDED!
We'll see how they stack up on election day. Talk is cheap, like when you talk of a diferent kind of politics, coming from the ground up, and then declare this is MY PARTY. I'll be closely watching both candidates and will make my decision on the last day.

Drama queen much?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

No! I just want you to understand the emotions I'm going through. That's it.

I'm mad at everybody -- the media for not reporting the news the way I wanted them to, the DNC for not giving us any special favors on MI and FL, the superdelegates for quickly (and painfully) siding with Obama in the last week.

I'm sad because, well, it's obvious why I'm sad.

We lost and lost bad and you Obama supporters have no idea what that feels like. Maybe if I scare you into thinking I'll turn toward McCain, you'll get just a taste of the emotions I'm going through. I know that once I'm in the booth in November, I'll probably come around, but I have a right to be mad until then.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999

I am UNDECIDED!

Do you really want Mr McCain to choose the next three or four US Supreme Court Justices?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

I am UNDECIDED!

Do you really want Mr McCain to choose the next three or four US Supreme Court Justices?

God! Just give me time to sort through my emotions!

And act like you're at least a little bit scared that I'm going to switch to McCain :(

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
I think they secretly want McCain to veto Hillary's universal health care bill.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
I disagree.

For many of us that decided early, this has been a 17-month (or 15-year) journey and there's a huge emotional bond that joins us.

Whenever I meet other Clinton supporters, I say "I love you" to them. To me, it really feels good to say it out loud and it makes me wonder why I didn't start before. At first, they're a little weirded out, but before long, we're having a good cry together about the loss.

You have to understand where we are coming from. Have you ever wanted something so bad that you cry yourself to sleep at night every night? I never knew how much I cared about politics until Hillary ran for President and I got in so deep that my heart just hurts so much now that it's over.

Hey b0mbrman, really not trying to be sarcastic, but has your Mom taken over your account?

I was for Hillary Clinton all the way, for a number of reasons. But MY EYE IS ON THE PRIZE: Not letting McCain nominate the next couple of Supreme Court justices, not letting him stay endlessly in Iraq or bomb Iran, and not letting him set the tone on domestic economic policy.

For these reasons and more, I will be actively working for Barack Hussein Obama. I strongly urge you and the OP to please do the same. :thumbsup:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: daveymark
Clinton's and Obama's policy proposals were nearly identical

what's the reason for choosing obama over clinton then?

Because he'll be on the ballot, and Hillary won't? :roll:

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Perknose

how did you know he'd be on the gen elec ballot when you were voting in the dem primary?

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003

I am UNDECIDED!

Get the fuck over yourself.

Because he had a better chance of implementing them.

Hillary Clinton started off with disapproval ratings in the 60%'s & has a record of failing (1993 health care?).

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Perknose

how did you know he'd be on the gen elec ballot when you were voting in the dem primary?

LOL. I didn't know. Otherwise, I would have given up a long time ago.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
time heals.

let reason, common sense and logic prevail.

i know, i know, easy to say, hard to do, but that's exactly what's got to be done.

the process brought out the best and the worst of our candidates for the whole world to see. it's democracy at its finest. the process did what it's supposed to do. the people spoke with their hearts, their minds and their votes. so let it be.

above all, for the democrats, especially for those democrats who support hillary, do not let the repubs exploit to their advantage what was a highly spirited, competitive and subsequently emotionally disheartening experience for you. don't let them divide and conquer, as i'm sure they will try in every conceivable way they can think of, just as i'm sure for them, it's all in the name of their party and their special brand of "tough politics".

don't let the bigots among us get their way. don't let the extremists among us get their way. don't let the special interests get their way the way they did with bush and cheney.

we have a chance for as clean a break as possible from the past. we have a chance to show the world that we can pick this country back up on it's feet and right the wrongs that were committed by the bush administration.

don't let this one get by the way the others did.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Yeah, talk about ego. Or wishful thinking. Or perhaps a bit of both.

These "holdouts" will either vote for Obama or watch McCain sail in to the White House. God willing it'll be the former.