China throwing down the gauntlet?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
China can easily bankrupt USA. Your $$$ is worthless without Chinese pumping money into your treasury. China owns US. Bow to your new land lord. It's Chinese custom.

Wrong, Chinese were dumb enough to lend us in our own currency, not theirs. They cannot bankrupt us, we can always print enough money to pay them back. Chinese volunteered to offer the fruits of their hard labor to us in exchange for green papers that we can print unlimited quantities of. The only thing China owns now in exchange for all those goods we got is a promise that we'll give them some of those green papers.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
US doesn't have the balls to face China directly so what do they do? Arm Taiwan. How typical... spineless...US can be.... These kind of tactics is getting old. China should just invade Taiwan and get it over with. US will sit on the side lines if China actually did anything. Taiwan is Chinese territory.

The last time I checked, about 1 minute ago we were not at war with China so why would we try to arm Taiwan to attack China ? If China is so great and powerful why don't they just invade Taiwan, what is stopping them ? They are too spineless and want other countries to put pressure on Taiwan for them.

China has to censor everything because if their people ever found out how the rest of the world lives their would be anarchy. In the USA I can walk out in public and call the president any name or insult him however I like, go to China and do the same to someone in government so we will not have to put up with your insane babbling any more.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
To Americans you might ask these xenophobic questions but everywhere else in the world I'm a genius.

I live in the Philippines and my wife is from Indonesia and sorry to say you are a fvcking moron with your view. It's not just American, anyone around the world living in a free country, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, most of the Europe, most of Asia knows CCP is a worthless bully. Even big percent of Chinese knows that in their heart except they are too afraid to speak up. People like u are either too stupid to understand the reality of Chinese politics or the beneficiary of the corrupted/shameless CCP regime.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Wrong, Chinese were dumb enough to lend us in our own currency, not theirs. They cannot bankrupt us, we can always print enough money to pay them back. Chinese volunteered to offer the fruits of their hard labor to us in exchange for green papers that we can print unlimited quantities of. The only thing China owns now in exchange for all those goods we got is a promise that we'll give them some of those green papers.

Actually, you guys put up land as collateral, actually iirc correctly you guys used so much for collateral it overlaps on itself.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Actually, you guys put up land as collateral, actually iirc correctly you guys used so much for collateral it overlaps on itself.

Collateral on what? A loan we can always repay with freshly printed money?
Even if that was the case, why would we give China land if we can give them paper instead?

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Just like with the USSR of two decades ago, the world still runs with "spheres of influence". Give Taiwan on a silver platter to China, and it surely wouldn't end there. No, I don't think China will annex any more countries, but I can certainly see how all failed communist countries gather under the wings of the Chinese to balance out US.
On the other hand, countries that depend on US/NATO for assuring their independence and democracy will be served a moral blow when they see US throwing Taiwan out to the dogs.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It was completely unexpected when Nixon (a very vocal lifelong anti-Communist GOP) opened up China forty years ago. It would an ironic delight if Obama (who our lunatic fringe sees as a Maoist or worse) was the first US President to actually stand up to China.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
It was completely unexpected when Nixon (a very vocal lifelong anti-Communist GOP) opened up China forty years ago. It would an ironic delight if Obama (who our lunatic fringe sees as a Maoist or worse) was the first US President to actually stand up to China.

I may not like Obama but he is standing up to them. Of course, that came after he was thoroughly insulted and humiliated by them in Europe.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Yeah, a genius in your own mind.

1. Taiwan isn't Chinese territory any more than the US is British territory. Humans have a free ability to choose their own form of government rule.

2. Why would America attack China? We don't need to.

3. Even if we did attack China, China would lose. It's military doesn't even come close to being able to fend off the combined-arms attack we can bring against them.

It has been proven that East Asians have massive brains compared to westerner with much higher IQ.

1. Free ability of government? Why don't you leave SK so we can govern OURSELVES? hmmm????

2. You rather Arm Taiwan so Chinese kill each other. Typical spineless tactics US have been deploying all over the world. Taiwan is no different! Haven't you learned by now? You can't win a land war in Asia at least not when China is involved! You bring your combined arms but no one is scared but the US!

3. Have you heard of MAD? You will not win. You will lose equally as China would... HA!

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001

You want to print more of your worthless $$$? Go find WMD in Iraq!

Dec 10, 2005
It has been proven that East Asians have massive brains compared to westerner with much higher IQ.

1. Free ability of government? Why don't you leave SK so we can govern OURSELVES? hmmm????

2. You rather Arm Taiwan so Chinese kill each other. Typical spineless tactics US have been deploying all over the world. Taiwan is no different! Haven't you learned by now? You can't win a land war in Asia at least not when China is involved! You bring your combined arms but no one is scared but the US!

3. Have you heard of MAD? You will not win. You will lose equally as China would... HA!

It's not recognized as a country by UN. FUCK Chinese? Taiwanese are Chinese. Ignorance must be bliss.

You want to print more of your worthless $$$? Go find WMD in Iraq!

Troll, troll, troll your boat....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
None of the usual suspects contributing to this thread have even made an attempt to justify arms sales to Taiwan as it relates to our own stated "One China" policy... Anybody care to try?

Probably not...

Righties seem entirely pleased with Uncle Sam speaking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, when it suits their preconceptions and circular reasoning patterns...

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
None of the usual suspects contributing to this thread have even made an attempt to justify arms sales to Taiwan as it relates to our own stated "One China" policy... Anybody care to try?

Probably not...

Righties seem entirely pleased with Uncle Sam speaking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, when it suits their preconceptions and circular reasoning patterns...

"our policy"? Well that depends on who is us. if you are Chinese, "One China" Policy is clear. But if you are the US, the policy is unclear at best, see below quote straight from Wiki "One-China" Policy. So I guess if you are saying you bow to the Chinese overlord, yeah this arm sales doesn't follow the one china policy.

The position of the United States, as clarified in the China/Taiwan: Evolution of the "One China" Policy report of the Congressional Research Service (date: July 9, 2007) is summed up in five points:

The United States did not explicitly state the sovereign status of Taiwan in the three US-PRC Joint Communiques of 1972, 1979, and 1982.
The United States "acknowledged" the "One China" position of both sides of the Taiwan Strait.
US policy has not recognized the PRC's sovereignty over Taiwan;
US policy has not recognized Taiwan as a sovereign country; and
US policy has considered Taiwan's status as undetermined. In an interview with Chinese students on November 16, 2009 President Barack Obama reconfirmed that the United States supports the One China Policy.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

Apparently your brain can't understand English. Or reality, for that matter.

It's not recognized as a country by UN. FUCK Chinese? Taiwanese are Chinese. Ignorance must be bliss.

Who gives a fuck what the UN says? Taiwan has chosen to be an independent country, separate from the Chinese fuckups. I guess you like totalitarianism though. Pick up that can, citizen.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Heh so you are from SK, that explains your anti-US position. Well first of all, you wouldn't be posting on this forum and instead would be singing songs about Kim Jong-Il if not for the US the tens of thousands US soldier died to give you democracy.

And second, arming Taiwan is the only way to make sure China don't invade Taiwan and Taiwanese and Chinese don't kill each other. But oh well, probably too much to expect you to understand that force is the only deterrence in this world.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
China will screw themselves over if they do this. They've been one of the fastest growing markets in the world, and guess who has been pushing their growth? It sure japan.

This would hurt them to no end. It wouldn't be pleasant for the US, but not detrimental. There are other cheap 3rd world countries in the world for the US to exploit.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Heh so you are from SK, that explains your anti-US position. Well first of all, you wouldn't be posting on this forum and instead would be singing songs about Kim Jong-Il if not for the US the tens of thousands US soldier died to give you democracy.

And second, arming Taiwan is the only way to make sure China don't invade Taiwan and Taiwanese and Chinese don't kill each other. But oh well, probably too much to expect you to understand that force is the only deterrence in this world.

Hilarious. More than 50% Koreans want US out of Korea. Where's our democracy?

Anyways my US position didn't arise just because I'm South Korean. It rose from living and being oppressed here in the US. Nearly 10 years your government mocking, stalking, hating, pointing, dictating, bla bla when my life is none of their concern as I have to live it not you or anybody.

I suppose China should arm pakistan and Iraq so you stop murdering them. Stop giving excuses for yourself. it's getting old!

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Who gives a fuck what the UN says? Taiwan has chosen to be an independent country, separate from the Chinese fuckups. I guess you like totalitarianism though. Pick up that can, citizen.

Hilarious that you think China is totalitarian when you are worst than they are. Save your excuses and pointing for somebody actually dumb enough to believe it.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Anyways my US position didn't arise just because I'm South Korean. It rose from living and being oppressed here in the US. Nearly 10 years your government mocking, stalking, hating, pointing, dictating, bla bla when my life is none of their concern as I have to live it not you or anybody.

I suppose China should arm pakistan and Iraq so you stop murdering them. Stop giving excuses for yourself. it's getting old!

I wish we would leave so lil kim can rape you.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
AzN:

If you hate the US so much.... GET OUT.

We don't need people like you living in the nation enjoying what we have and then turning around and attacking us over it. So get back to China or Korea or wherever you belong. You certainly don't belong here.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Hilarious that you think China is totalitarian when you are worst than they are. Save your excuses and pointing for somebody actually dumb enough to believe it.

You truly are an idiot.

You are a sad little child. You owe your entire existence to the United States. You would be starving to death under the regime of a madman if it weren't for what our soldiers did. But let us leave that aside, since that event was clearly long before your lifetime. Instead, you sit in this country, ranting and raving, because of the freedoms you are granted by this country. If you tried to say comparable statements about China while living there, your family would be receiving a bill for a bullet. So you believe you are oppressed in the United States? You are free to leave at any time, and go find another country that you believe will oppress you less. Good luck surviving in China.