Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
Chick Fil-A is about enjoying damn good chicken.

Now you stop right there with these conservative lies.

Chick-Fil-A is decent chicken at best. There's about a dozen fast food places with way better chicken - Bojangles, Popeyes, Roscoe's, and plenty of others. I've eaten plenty of Chick-Fil-A in my time, but it's always a compromise when one's nearby and it's not worth going somewhere particularly good.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's fucking awesome because it gives a big middle finger to this president and liberals along with their "tolerance".

In case you haven't been paying attention, this is all about freedom of speech and religion. The liberal has gone too far, and is facing an outstanding backlash. Nomore, NOBAMA.

More freedom chic'n.

4081d4f5.jpg

lulz

Almost $13 worth of high calorie fast food in one meal. You know it would be quicker to use the gun if you're trying to kill yourself.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
No one claimed otherwise, that doesn't mean we cant ridicule the fuck out them for said beliefs.

LoL and help them have the best single day in sales for the entire chain in one day. people like you just made them a ton of money!

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Now you stop right there with these conservative lies.

Chick-Fil-A is decent chicken at best. There's about a dozen fast food places with way better chicken - Bojangles, Popeyes, Roscoe's, and plenty of others. I've eaten plenty of Chick-Fil-A in my time, but it's always a compromise when one's nearby and it's not worth going somewhere particularly good.

opinions ... you lost us at popeyes. No Cred after that statement. never heard of the others.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Local news says thousands turned out for flick-a-chick.
3000 total, in fact.
Here in nutsville you could easily get 3000 to turn out protesting indoor plumbing, also.
Or 3000 supporting national nose picking day.
Anywho... Deep fried chicken is bad for you. Flick or no flick.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
pathetic.

:D

but yes--please do go there every day and support them. It will ensure that your ilk are likely too fucking sick to get out of the hospital and vote in November.

...and your hate and anti-american ways will be dead long before the rest of us expected. :\

You know--talk about a business infringing on one's right to vote.

:hmm:

Dumb ass their Founder is 90+ years old and eats it every day for the last 66 years...

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Oh come on. People lining up to go to a fast food restaurant isn't fucking awesome. Even if it's ostensibly to show support for their constitutional rights, it's still not fucking awesome. We all know that people wouldn't react this strongly to a perceived infraction on the bill of rights if there weren't a couple of other motivations that aren't being explicitly communicated hiding behind that. Those other motivations are not fucking awesome.

boo hoo....

Dec 10, 2005
It's fucking awesome because it gives a big middle finger to this president and liberals along with their "tolerance".

Fucking hypocrite. It's okay for a corporation to use their 'free speech' to support causes you like, but god forbid people use their 'free speech' against said corporation Keep jumping at liberal boogeyman shadows you scared, little man.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Dumb ass their Founder is 90+ years old and eats it every day for the last 66 years...

Because betting on being an outlier is a smarter thing to do instead of that boring ass taking care of yourself crap. By all means, munch away.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

In case you haven't been paying attention, this is all about freedom of speech and religion. The liberal has gone too far, and is facing an outstanding backlash. Nomore, NOBAMA.

More freedom chic'n.

4081d4f5.jpg

Love it!

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Wasn't that just a few months ago? Hmmm

More like one month and it's just fine when a Liberal opposes gay marriage, especially when it is the leader of the free world and a man of the people, but when a Conservative does it he catches all kinds of hell.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Because betting on being an outlier is a smarter thing to do instead of that boring ass taking care of yourself crap. By all means, munch away.

Sorry I forgot Liberals know everything. Exercise and lifestyle mean little...
So you're going to live longer than Truett? besides CFA is real food, and tasty food at that, not the filler the MC D's style.

btw you had their salads? fantastic! But I'm Sure a Business that operates under Christian principals and serves a great salad would somehow not be up to par...

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I guess I'm going to have to boycott my local Halal restaurant - NOT !

Nope, it's not going to happen, and I would visit Chick-Fil-A if there was one near me :D

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Marriage is a commitment. The gender, quantity, or relationship of the people involved is not within the government's purview to decide what is acceptable and what is not. That purview is exclusively held by each and every adult citizen to decide for themselves what arrangement(s) they want to make. That may fly in the face of your religious views or your upbringing, but neither of those have a monopoly on what is right and proper under the Constitution.

Marriage wouldn't become meaningless, it would remain the same lifelong commitment it has always been.

Wow!

Really?

You can ( in your opinion ) marry your brother, sister, mother, father, the neighbors dog and you could even do them all at the same time and that would be just fine.

Wow you liberals have some really fucked up morals.

Yes, that is my opinion.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

wow stuff like this made their company a lot of money yesterday. It was one man's view and it should not shock anyone. He's a Christian with traditional values. What do you think he thinks? And what did he say really if you look at the actual quotes they are not really that bad. So he is Pro marriage with a mommy and a daddy.

They never had a better day in sales ever. McDonalds could never be so lucky.

Shows your intolerance is all that is. Dan Cathy has a right to his opinion period. And He'll sell a sandwich to anyone. The color of money knows no sexual orientation. And a Great tasting sandwich will taste the same to anyone.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
If you aren't against them getting married because of their genetic defect, then what possible purpose would you have for bringing that up as an argument in this thread? You were the one who used the phrase "genetic defect," and now you're turning around and saying that wasn't your argument? Why bother mentioning it at all then?

I stated that because you ( and many others ) treat being Gay as if it is a normal gender. No gay is not just another sex like we have male, female, gay, lesbian, bisexuals ... Male and Female are normal. Gay, lesbian and bisexuals are Abnormal as any other defect would be.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
wow stuff like this made their company a lot of money yesterday. It was one man's view and it should not shock anyone. He's a Christian with traditional values. What do you think he thinks? And what did he say really if you look at the actual quotes they are not really that bad. So he is Pro marriage with a mommy and a daddy.

They never had a better day in sales ever. McDonalds could never be so lucky.

Shows your intolerance is all that is. Dan Cathy has a right to his opinion period. And He'll sell a sandwich to anyone. The color of money knows no sexual orientation. And a Great tasting sandwich will taste the same to anyone.

Mc Donalds has at least figured out if you hire retards, you only put.them in charge of the fries. They also cloned the same sandwich, and sell it even on Sundays.

Too late, damage done. CFA is forever the G.H.F. company.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I did not know what Chick-Fill-A was before this incident. Where are they? I'm in NY/NJ area and never saw one.

In any case, I am not sure what exactly is the issue here. A chicken company's head speaking his mind? What is the big deal about it? If what he says is obnoxious, you have several choices.

1. Don't go there.
2. Tell others not to go there.
3. Go there and sit and eat while being as gay as possible.
4. etc.

??

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
opinions ... you lost us at popeyes. No Cred after that statement. never heard of the others.

Popeyes is far from my favorite fried chicken, but it's still pretty decent (unlike their mashed potatoes, which are awful). Bojangles is a Southern chain that makes the best damned chicken biscuits this side of Biscuitville (which I'm pretty sure if out of business these days). Also pretty good iced tea. Roscoe's is a mostly West Coast chain that makes chicken and waffles, not really fast food but still cheap and tasty chicken.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
I did not know what Chick-Fill-A was before this incident. Where are they? I'm in NY/NJ area and never saw one.

In any case, I am not sure what exactly is the issue here. A chicken company's head speaking his mind? What is the big deal about it? If what he says is obnoxious, you have several choices.

1. Don't go there.
2. Tell others not to go there.
3. Go there and sit and eat while being as gay as possible.
4. etc.

??

1-3 are exactly what's taking place. The only 'controversy' is a couple mayors in super-liberal areas trying to score easy points by making a show of being anti-Chick-Fil-A, which everyone agrees they're going too far. But because a few random local politicians are doing dumb things, suddenly it's a big middle finger to Obama to go eat mediocre chicken sandwiches at a particular chain. Good for them, I guess?

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
I wish voters were as passionate about the LIBOR price-fixing scandal with trillions being skimmed. Though I am surprised that the MSM actively is reporting on the current backlash against their own agenda. Oops. To me this is more a free speech and religious freedom issue, not that I have much interest in fast food.

Last edited: