Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
they dont want it to happen at any age. and they aint afraid to tell you about it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chick-fil-gay-marriage-201108120--finance.html

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Dan Cathy, the company's president and chief operating officer, said in a recent radio interview. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

aaaaaaaannnnddd thats the moment i vowed to never walk into a shit fillet again. last time i went there i really didnt care what they thought of anything except chicken. that feeling still holds true, but the difference is i had to read this.

EDIT- to clear up a lot of misguided remarks, if i was surprised by reading this article i would have put it in PandN. I was pissed when i read this. not even because i think its outlandish. its because i have eaten at chick fill ay before and i seriously did not want them to bestow their religious bullshit on me. now that they have, i hate them and i wanted to tell everyone that i hate them. yes, hate. very strong. as intended. i will continue to keep being mad at them until they shut the fuck up because i dont sit here and try to make them gay. fuckin assholes. thats why this is in off topic people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
The company's stance on homosexuality has been known for years and years before this interview.. kinda surprising people are just now picking up on it.

That guy is a crazy religious nutbag and a truly shitty human being.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
private companies can hold whatever beliefs they want. they are also closed on Sunday.

pelov

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2011
aaaaaaaannnnddd thats the moment i vowed to never walk into a shit fillet again. last time i went there i really didnt care what they thought of anything except chicken. that feeling still holds true, but the difference is i had to read this.

You can't not go.

The rest of the interview:

"...and for those who think that think they can stop supporting my business have got another thing comin'," said old man on lawn. "If you don't buy my divine, delicious golden crispy chicken, you'll be condemned to eternity in hell, having sex with a very oily George Takei. And I'm not talkin' 'bout the young version."

Now if you don't mind, I've got to attend a protest at a dead soldier's funeral," he added.

shouldn't this be in p&n?

Not anymore.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Meh, never been there, don't plan on goin there. Dunno if a chain like that would survive in the Chicago area.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Chick-fil-a is awesome.

What sucks is that every time I decide I want to eat there it's Sunday.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I respect/love gay people and I love Chick-fil-a. I don't give a shit, I'm still going to eat at Chick-fil-a. Seriously, how could people not realize that a business that is closed on Sundays and has strong Christian ideals would oppose gay marriage? Really people?

Now STFU and give me my Spicey Chicken Sandwich meal with a lemonade :)

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
I respect/love gay people and I love Chick-fil-a. I don't give a shit, I'm still going to eat at Chick-fil-a. Seriously, how could people not realize that a business that is closed on Sundays and has strong Christian ideals would oppose gay marriage? Really people?

Some of us have personal standards to uphold. I can't actively give money to an organization that funds 'pray the gay away' camps for kids and is actively working against allowing my personal freedom as an American citizen. You say you love and respect gay people, yet you're directly contributing to a cause that is working against them. Sounds like love to me.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I support gay marriage, but ultimately, I couldn't care less what a company thinks about it.

I don't like waffle fries anyway.

EDIT:

You say you love and respect gay people, yet you're directly contributing to a cause that is working against them. Sounds like love to me.

I figure that the cause doesn't amount to anything.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
You know what? I kinda like that they stand by their values, even though I may disagree with them.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Some of us have personal standards to uphold. I can't actively give money to an organization that funds 'pray the gay away' camps for kids and is actively working against allowing my personal freedom as an American citizen. You say you love and respect gay people, yet you're directly contributing to a cause that is working against them. Sounds like love to me.
That's like saying gun shop owners are really the ones responsible for murder when someone buys a gun from them and kills a person with it.

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
I love everything about the company. The food is pretty good, they are very involved in community activities to raise monies for local schools. I respect any company that forgoes profits to close on Sunday's in accordance with their religious beliefs.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

If we boycotted every business that contributed to causes that we didn't agree with, we wouldn't be able to eat anywhere or buy anything.

If a private business has strong ideals that it believes in, that's its right. I don't have to agree with it, but they have every right to do so.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
If we boycotted every business that contributed to causes that we didn't agree with, we wouldn't be able to eat anywhere or buy anything.

If a private business has strong ideals that it believes in, that's its right. I don't have to agree with it, but they have every right to do so.

You're right... but you're still enabling this behavior by patronizing them.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
You're right... but you're still enabling this behavior by patronizing them.

Even though you may not agree with the statements, you should support their right to make their own decision.

Isn't part of American society the ability to have our own opinions?

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That's like saying gun shop owners are really the ones responsible for murder when someone buys a gun from them and kills a person with it.

Their values as in, trampling other people's rights? Or thinking that they know everything and have the right to decide things for other people?

You don't want gay marriage, then don't fvcking marry a gay person. If a gay person wants to get married, then they should fvcking marry a gay person. I don't see why there is ANY controversy here. It's stupid.

If your religion says "It's bad to do this", then don't fvcking do it!!!! It doesn't give you the right to decide what other people can do. As soon as you have the religion dictating the law, you live in a theocracy. I for one, do not approve of living in a theocracy.

summit

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2001
Even though you may not agree with the statements, you should support their right to make their own decision.

unless they are contrary to popular opinion.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

opinions and statements are ok. But, as soon as they try to make their opinion or statement into law, it becomes a really really big problem.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

It's more than just their ideas, they openly donate large amounts of $ to organizations that go out of their way to hate on gay people. Something like 20% of the revenues of every location are donated to a few Christian charities. And they're especially hateful ones, so by eating there you're absolutely supporting their views and helping with their finical support of the charities.