Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Still waiting for an explanation of how this has anything to do with "free speech".

While I'm waiting, perhaps you can provide us with a list of the states Romney is going to get 270 electoral votes from. I bet there's no polling to support it.

But hey, don't let a few facts get in the way of your preconceptions.

When you have mayors of cities trying to shut down or prevent licensing of a business because of speech and religion, there's a very serious problem.

Even the ACLU is on Chic-Fil-A's side on this. That should tell you something.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You didn't answer my question, though. How does boycotting Chick-Fil-A infringe on anyone's right to free speech?

It doesn't. There are however various idiots in city and state government threatening to use government power to oust or ban the business and preventing it from opening stores and so on. That would be infringing on free speech.

Feb 6, 2007
When you have mayors of cities trying to shut down or prevent licensing of a business because of speech and religion, there's a very serious problem.

This I will agree with you on. There's no call for public officials to try to exert unnecessary excesses of power to curtail the freedom of speech of individuals or corporations they disagree with, and the politicians who actively tried to shut down or otherwise impede Chick-Fil-A through these methods were wrong to do so.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It doesn't. There are however various idiots in city and state government threatening to use government power to oust or ban the business and preventing it from opening stores and so on. That would be infringing on free speech.

AND religion. Don't fuck with the 1st amendment liberals. You'll see a backlash like we've witnessed today, even the politicians are starting to back down on their stance once they've realized they're WAY on the wrong side of this issue of free speech and religion.

Many reports of Chic-Fil-A running out of food. And they DID really prepare for the crowds by having plenty of extra and staff, but the response from the public has been overwhelming. Right now the strategy is to keep supporting Chic-Fil-A in everyway you can so go there everyday and tell them why. I had my Freedom chicken sammich yesterday and will likely go again tomorrow.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

all it should tell you is that the ACLU is doing what they always do--defend civil liberties no matter the side. I agree with that in this case, by the way.

--though, there is the part of me that with this...fuck it. I'm not terribly bothered by the Mayor's reactions.

For one thing--no one has banned Chik Fil-A; they have simply strongly discouraged them from building in these areas and frankly--it would have been stupid for Chik Fil-A anyway, being that those markets are officially dead to them regardless of what x Mayor believes.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
all it should tell you is that the ACLU is doing what they always do--defend civil liberties no matter the side. I agree with that in this case, by the way.

--though, there is the part of me that with this...fuck it. I'm not terribly bothered by the Mayor's reactions.

For one thing--no one has banned Chik Fil-A; they have simply strongly discouraged them from building in these areas and frankly--it would have been stupid for Chik Fil-A anyway, being that those markets are officially dead to them regardless of what x Mayor believes.

You have plenty of college universities actively TRYING to remove Chic-Fil-A through state powers. THAT is wrong.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I had my Freedom chicken sammich yesterday and will likely go again tomorrow.

pathetic.

:D

but yes--please do go there every day and support them. It will ensure that your ilk are likely too fucking sick to get out of the hospital and vote in November.

...and your hate and anti-american ways will be dead long before the rest of us expected. :\

You know--talk about a business infringing on one's right to vote.

:hmm:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You have plenty of college universities actively TRYING to remove Chic-Fil-A through state powers. THAT is wrong.

Is it wrong if the government has to send in the national guard to protect a couple of gays that may want to go into Chik Fil-A and have a peaceful meal?

Is it wrong for the government to use its power to enforce the constutional protections afforded to all people? (yes, the evil gays are also protected).

I mean--seriously--if none of you thought that gays were equally protected under the constitution, you wouldn't be crying for a constitutional amendment to actively deny their equal protection, would you?

so...you know they are protected, yet you voraciously support the notion that business and other private entities and individuals should actively promote institutions and ideas that deny civil liberties of a protected minority.

"Freedom loving patriots?" :rolleyes:

Kiss my ass, hypocrites.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Fucking awesome.

20628291.jpg

Oh, and suck it intolerant liberals!!!!! Still going strong all across this country, provided they didn't run out of delicious Chic'n.

CFAappreciation.jpg

Last edited:

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Fucking awesome.

20628291.jpg

Oh come on. People lining up to go to a fast food restaurant isn't fucking awesome. Even if it's ostensibly to show support for their constitutional rights, it's still not fucking awesome. We all know that people wouldn't react this strongly to a perceived infraction on the bill of rights if there weren't a couple of other motivations that aren't being explicitly communicated hiding behind that. Those other motivations are not fucking awesome.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Oh come on. People lining up to go to a fast food restaurant isn't fucking awesome. Even if it's ostensibly to show support for their constitutional rights, it's still not fucking awesome. We all know that people wouldn't react this strongly to a perceived infraction on the bill of rights if there weren't a couple of other motivations that aren't being explicitly communicated hiding behind that. Those other motivations are not fucking awesome.

It's fucking awesome because it gives a big middle finger to this president and liberals along with their "tolerance".

In case you haven't been paying attention, this is all about freedom of speech and religion. The liberal has gone too far, and is facing an outstanding backlash. Nomore, NOBAMA.

More freedom chic'n.

4081d4f5.jpg

Last edited:

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
This whole situation is quite hilarious, and pathetic. Buy some chicken, that'll show em'!

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
It's fucking awesome because it gives a big middle finger to this president and liberals along with their "tolerance".

In case you haven't been paying attention, this is all about freedom of speech and religion. The liberal has gone too far, and is facing an outstanding backlash. Nomore, NOBAMA.

More freedom chic'n.

4081d4f5.jpg

Ok that pic is hilarious. I'm onboard the NOBAMA train too btw, but not for anything close to the reason you are apparently. This isn't about freedom of religion. It isn't really even about freedom of speech. Neither of those rights have been seriously contested here. It's about lots of people enjoying their rights to get good and pissed about shit other people think. I'm just wondering why everyone thinks chik fil a getting all this business amounts to giving Obama the finger. I guess they're using the same part of their brain that tells them that some dude dying horribly amounts to washing away their sin.

Believe it or not though, I'm secretly happy to see that the liberals who were sure that everyone thought just like them are now aware that chik fil a isn't going to suffer much because of this. They'll comfort themselves by saying that at some undefinable point in the future chik fil a will fall, but that's true of every business isn't it. I'm willing to bet that if chik fil a does fail, it won't be because of this. I guess I really just love seeing everyone's applecart getting turned over.

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Grow the fuck up little pussy arachnid coward teabagtard... your wheelchair hasn't left the basement in years. Everyone knows this except you. See you crying on your knobby wheels in November teabagtard. Lmao .... Perry... ha ha ha!

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012

And I already said I strongly oppose that. So have other critics of Chick-Fil-A.

But you keep talking about the boycotters. And they aren't doing anything to limit anyone's freedoms.

Ok that pic is hilarious. I'm onboard the NOBAMA train too btw, but not for anything close to the reason you are apparently. This isn't about freedom of religion. It isn't really even about freedom of speech. Neither of those rights have been seriously contested here. It's about lots of people enjoying their rights to get good and pissed about shit other people think. I'm just wondering why everyone thinks chik fil a getting all this business amounts to giving Obama the finger. I guess they're using the same part of their brain that tells them that some dude dying horribly amounts to washing away their sin.

This outburst of silly faux "patriotism" by spidey07 is actually a pretty textbook illustration of right-wing identity politics at its finest. It's not about logic or reason or rights or the Constitution. It's about being on the "right team" and fighting against the "wrong team".

The gun and knife with the food is almost a classic. LOL

What's sad is the lack of understanding that leads these people to think that a one-day "support protest" really matters in the long run. It doesn't.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What the hell? I don't care or oppose any boycott. It's a free country.

You brought up boycotts and 1st amendment. Don't by their tasty chic'n all you want. I'm going to cancel out at least 10 of you.

Freedom? How does it work?

See you on Friday?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Is it wrong if the government has to send in the national guard to protect a couple of gays that may want to go into Chik Fil-A and have a peaceful meal?
Pardon me, but could you please point me to an incident where gay people were denied tasty Chick Fil-A chicken? I couldn't find mention of the national guard sent to protect them in a google search:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=chick+fil+a+national+guard

Is it wrong for the government to use its power to enforce the constutional protections afforded to all people? (yes, the evil gays are also protected).
Is the existence of tempting Chick Fil-A sandwiches infringing on their rights?

I mean--seriously--if none of you thought that gays were equally protected under the constitution, you wouldn't be crying for a constitutional amendment to actively deny their equal protection, would you?

so...you know they are protected, yet you voraciously support the notion that business and other private entities and individuals should actively promote institutions and ideas that deny civil liberties of a protected minority.
Chick Fil-A is about enjoying damn good chicken.

Kiss my ass, hypocrites.

Only if you are gay. Because otherwise that would be sexual harassment. I think... Where's my pocket liberal reference handbook when I need it...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What the hell? I don't care or oppose any boycott. It's a free country.

You brought up boycotts and 1st amendment. Don't by their tasty chic'n all you want. I'm going to cancel out at least 10 of you.

Please do. seriously.

every day.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

More freedom chic'n.

4081d4f5.jpg

Is that your dick on the seat next to the chicken sam'mich?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Hahaha, spidey doesn't ACTUALLY care about freedom of speech/religion, there's really only one reason he's riled up about this and that reason is pretty much summed up in my sig.