Cheney Says He Favors Limbaugh Over Powell as Model Republican

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: dali71
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: ericlp
I wish this guy would just have his heart attack and get it over with already. Every time he talks he just makes a fool out of himself.

Hells no. The longer Limbaugh, Palin, Cheney, Rove & Co. stay out there pushing the same agenda soundly rejected in recent elections, the longer the Reps will stumble in the wilderness. Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom to recover, and apparently the Reps haven't gotten there yet, though Steele is certainly doing his best to see they smack into it soon.

We Republicans have already hit rock bottom, and are recovering just fine:
Read it and be worried, Democrats!

To all of my Conservative brethren out there, keep the faith. :D

The faith?? We are the chosen, there is no middle ground, all that disagree with us are the enemy? That about RIGHT?:disgust:

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
I wish this guy would just have his heart attack and get it over with already. Every time he talks he just makes a fool out of himself.

Hells no. The longer Limbaugh, Palin, Cheney, Rove & Co. stay out there pushing the same agenda soundly rejected in recent elections, the longer the Reps will stumble in the wilderness. Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom to recover, and apparently the Reps haven't gotten there yet, though Steele is certainly doing his best to see they smack into it soon.

The faith?? We are the chosen, there is no middle ground, all that disagree with us are the enemy? That about RIGHT?:disgust:

And that faith is NOT mormon! When the chairman of your party observes that your base is religiously intolerant, that's a bad thing, k?

http://politicalticker.blogs.c...or-mormonism-comments/

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM

If you're talking about the mantra of the left, then yes, you are absolutely correct. The "party of tolerance" has shown itself time and time again to be anything but. I can understand your need to lash out, given the link I posted. I figure that by the time the 2010 elections roll around (barring an amazing discovery of a way to harness the power of hopenchange as an alternative energy source, food, etc.), the repercussions of Obama's policies should be enough to allow us to retake Congress. Feel free to vent some more, I can take it. :laugh:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I figure that by the time the 2010 elections roll around (barring an amazing discovery of a way to harness the power of hopenchange as an alternative energy source, food, etc.), the repercussions of Obama's policies should be enough to allow us to retake Congress. Feel free to vent some more, I can take it. :laugh:
We look forward to being dominated again by our Socially Conservative Overlords telling us how to live our lives:roll:

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I figure that by the time the 2010 elections roll around (barring an amazing discovery of a way to harness the power of hopenchange as an alternative energy source, food, etc.), the repercussions of Obama's policies should be enough to allow us to retake Congress.

lol. Not sure that's even mathematically possible given the seats up for election, but ok ;)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I figure that by the time the 2010 elections roll around (barring an amazing discovery of a way to harness the power of hopenchange as an alternative energy source, food, etc.), the repercussions of Obama's policies should be enough to allow us to retake Congress.

lol. Not sure that's even mathematically possible given the seats up for election, but ok ;)

It always is regarding the House, of course.

2010 will be interesting. Obama is sort of like the 1928-1932 presidential term, in the sense of facing the bad years of an economic crisis.

In the great depression, Republicans had to take responsibility for the mess they made for four years until 1933, when FDR got to take over to 'fix things', but Obama has those same four years this time - and might get blame. Americans are not likely to give him a four year pass.

So, we're going on the one hand to have a good president who is far better than the Republican alternative - but on the other, one who is burdened with Bush messes.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Right now, given the fact that too much of the GOP is listening to Limbaugh, the likelihood of the GOP getting their shit together by 2010 does not look good for the rational part of the GOP.

But one thing for sure, the election of 11/2010 is not that far off time wise.

And the results of that coming election will be the final arbitrator of this thread.

Meanwhile all this huffing and puffing is the strategy of a hog snake, coil up and hiss, and hope no one calls your non poisonous bluff.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
As long as the direction revolves around being fiscally conservative I am on board. I hope the party can rebuild its self around fiscal responsibility. Be the bad guys and cut government spending to the point there is a surplus and cut down the debt. This country has been heading in the wrong direction the last 9 years with out of control spending.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If you're talking about the mantra of the left, then yes, you are absolutely correct. The "party of tolerance" has shown itself time and time again to be anything but. I can understand your need to lash out, given the link I posted. I figure that by the time the 2010 elections roll around (barring an amazing discovery of a way to harness the power of hopenchange as an alternative energy source, food, etc.), the repercussions of Obama's policies should be enough to allow us to retake Congress. Feel free to vent some more, I can take it. :laugh:

Keep telling yourself that. I am aware of no political analyst that predicts the Republicans retaking Congress. In fact if I remember correctly Nate Silver (the guy from fivethirtyeight.com that so accurately predicted the 2008 election) had an article on just how screwed the Republicans are in 2010. They will quite likely lose seats in the Senate, and gain a few in the House.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: quest55720
As long as the direction revolves around being fiscally conservative I am on board. I hope the party can rebuild its self around fiscal responsibility.

Are you willing to vote for Democrats when they're more fiscally conservative than Republicans? Or do you just run straight to the Libertarians?