"CEO To Workers: I May Fire You If Obama Wins"

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Not seeing anything wrong with that either. Simply trying to make sure workers are informed and understand what another 4 years of misery under obama really mean to their livlihood.

Would you have my back if I told my employees that I would fire them if Mitt Romney wins?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Would you have my back if I told my employees that I would fire them if Mitt Romney wins?
To be fair, he said if Obama wins and raises my taxes as he has repeatedly said he wants to do. Kind of a different thing. Elections have consequences. Tax policy changes have consequences. Once upon a time we understood that; now we only understand our own hunger. I demand that government make you give me stuff and take away more from you so that government can give me stuff, and I demand that you bear this with no risk or disadvantage to me. It's the politics of a five year old.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Both sides believe in trickle down economics; the Democrats just want to take the money from those who earned it, concentrate it in government, and let it trickle down from there.

And spreading fears that Romney will cut Medicare in defense of the President who cut $700,000,000,000 from Medicare is - amusing.
Seriously weak dude. If that's the best you're bringing, I don't have to worry about the republican party, because they'll crater themselves inside of 20 years. Can we have an honest discussion now about what needs to be fixed and how to fix it?

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
As an employer, telling people who work for me that their jobs are dependent on their political stance and votes is right up there with sexual harassment. It's an invasion of personal rights, and the fact that this guy got away with it and no one has mentioned any legal action again him shows me how far the chasm between employer and employee has widened.

Also, Romney is now openly encouraging other employers to do the same thing.

http://gawker.com/5952765/always-bet-on-me-mitt-romneys-order-to-the-bosses-of-wage-slaves

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections. And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope, I hope you pass those along to your employees.... Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I think that will figure into their election decision, their voting decision..." - Romney

Disgusting GOP scare tactics. If I was on the fence before, this would definitely push me off.

Last edited:

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Quick! Divert to FACT that 47% don't pay federal income taxes!

You see, I personally don't care about those people. My money/labor/life is not to be used for the 47% quality of life and education. This is the tipping point of our nation as predicted.

See you in November.

Romney gonna kill big bird and ours sells phones! Keep Obama im president!

Yeah, fuck anybody that votes for this fuckstain. See you in November.

Its amazing how insanely stupid you are. I wonder how much government money you live off of, because its pretty obvious you aren't smart enough to earn enough to live on your own. Do you steal from your family?

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
http://www.inthesetimes.com/working...tell_employees_how_to_vote_in_conference_cal/

In a June 6, 2012 conference call posted on the anti-union National Federation of Independent Business’s website, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney instructed employers to tell their employees how to vote in the upcoming election.

Ah it's already been posted :p well heres a direct link then.

Sleazy to say the least. Could be considered worker intimidation you would think.