"CEO To Workers: I May Fire You If Obama Wins"

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ceo-workers-youll-likely-fired-131640914.html

Does this sound like voter intimidation to anyone else?

The man says it's not...

Siegel stressed that he wasn't out to intimidate his workers into voting for Romney. "I can't tell anyone to vote," he said. But he wants to make sure his workers made an informed choice. "I want my employees to be educated on what could happen to their future if the wrong person is elected."

but the tone of the article sure suggests so.

What do you guys think (I think I already know what the answer will be and whether it's OK or NOT - depending on the side of the aisle).

I personally think that this is crossing the line and is pure intimidation. And as for the comments about making it on your own paycheck instead of relying on the government, maybe if you (Mr. CEO) paid your employees a little better, they wouldn't need as much government, eh?

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Well it depends on how you look at it :p

Is this pressure to vote against Obama? Sure it is. Is he saying what the effects would be if Obama wins and raises his taxes? Yep.

So the question boils down to- Given that Obama becoming elected AND this results in increased costs, which is better? Should he state the consequences or keep his employees in the dark about it?

YOU DECIDE! (shameless ripoff saying)

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
No it doesn't it sounds like the asswipe knows all he needs to about obummer . He needs to shut up and let the chips fall were they fall .

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
It may be intimidation; how do you stop him.

He may feel the business could become in bad shape under Obama and it will have to close.

Is this any different than what Lockheed is being asked to do by the Obama administration. Not warn employees of the effects of political manipulations.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
He's not going to fire them because of who they vote for, he's just explaining the reality that because of Obamas policies, it may be more expensive to do business and therefore cutting the labor force is a neccesary step to stay in business. Sorry. . . as we learned, action > reaction you have to sleep in the bed you make right?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I'd rather know going into the election that my job was in jeopardy rather than just simply getting a pink slip with no warning afterwards. In one case, I have some control although its small on the outcome. In the other case, I'm riding shit's creek without a turd for a paddle.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I see no problem with it. He is doing a great service to inform his workers of what will happen if we don't get rid of Obama.

Now REAL intimidation comes from unions on their members.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
While a bit unusual, I actually find this guy's candor somewhat refreshing. 'If Obama wins AND taxes/regulations go up, I will downsize the business.'

And yeah, I'd rather know going in that my position might be in jeopardy and have time to plan / look for other work, as opposed to getting blindsided after the fact with a 15% workforce reduction announcement in the newspaper or on the radio while on my way into work one day.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he wrote.

Yeah, sure buddy!

Last edited:

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
reduce the workforce by 15% or everyone has to take a 10% paycut and keep their jobs. . . . good luck with that. This administration is making it more expensive to do business in this country . . businesses WILL fail because of it. People WILL lose their jobs because of it. Its part of the plan to have everyone dependant on the government . . .

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
reduce the workforce by 15% or everyone has to take a 10% paycut and keep their jobs. . . . good luck with that. This administration is making it more expensive to do business in this country . . businesses WILL fail because of it. People WILL lose their jobs because of it. Its part of the plan to have everyone dependant on the government . . .

I saw an article that shows that entrepreneurship is at an all time low in spite of the fact that it's relatively easy to get start up money. People seem afraid that they won't be able to afford covering the mandated costs.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Sending an email like that to employees is a pure douchebag move, whether he supports Romney or Obama is irrelevant.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It may be intimidation; how do you stop him.

He may feel the business could become in bad shape under Obama and it will have to close.

Is this any different than what Lockheed is being asked to do by the Obama administration. Not warn employees of the effects of political manipulations.

what obummmer did was wrong . He used gooberment contracts to shut them up . Which there employees seen clearly so that a company that votes Romney . We don't hold obummer to same standards as others csimply because of skin tone . Man This guy is pure as he can be . waited a long time for himm i have. You bring it Obummer , The 21st of december is going to be amazing . 2 suns we all see. It will be a sad happy day for me . sad because of Son daughter and grandchildren . Happy because I want to see this evolved ape acting like the true animals they are . and for what because of 2 suns lol. Its not what you see on dec 21 you need tio fear . Its what follows. SO called evil reveals itself . What follows is Gods work. 1913 proved to be a extrodinary here . 100 years latter 2013 will be the capper . If one looks at the events of 1913 its pretty clear this is a plan has been inplace of centuries. History repeating itself . That what the retards believe that planned this . They will not make it out of this timeline as they have in the past. It is written when they find out we are them it will be THEIR end not ours. Whats about to happen can't be stopped. Its ok . everthing is in place now . They will not escape this time. The gate keeper has done his work .

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Sending an email like that to employees is a pure douchebag move, whether he supports Romney or Obama is irrelevant.

Yeah, sending out pink slips without warning is by far the nicer way to go about it.

Why do you and umbrella take business so personally?

Feb 10, 2000
From my perspective it's certainly obnoxious behavior at a minimum. This is the same man who built himself a 90,000 square foot house, the largest (and one of the ugliest) in the United States, so I find it difficult to stomach all the self-pitying language in that email. Still, it's probably not illegal, and I would guess this is not the first time his employees have rolled their eyes at something he has done or said.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
From my perspective it's certainly obnoxious behavior at a minimum. This is the same man who built himself a 90,000 square foot house, the largest (and one of the ugliest) in the United States, so I find it difficult to stomach all the self-pitying language in that email. Still, it's probably not illegal, and I would guess this is not the first time his employees have rolled their eyes at something he has done or said.

Jealous much? Its fine if you hate the guy because he is better off than you but please don't try to sell that as critical thinking.

Feb 10, 2000
what obummmer did was wrong . He used gooberment contracts to shut them up . Which there employees seen clearly so that a company that votes Romney . We don't hold obummer to same standards as others csimply because of skin tone . Man This guy is pure as he can be . waited a long time for himm i have. You bring it Obummer , The 21st of december is going to be amazing . 2 suns we all see. It will be a sad happy day for me . sad because of Son daughter and grandchildren . Happy because I want to see this evolved ape acting like the true animals they are . and for what because of 2 suns lol. Its not what you see on dec 21 you need tio fear . Its what follows. SO called evil reveals itself . What follows is Gods work. 1913 proved to be a extrodinary here . 100 years latter 2013 will be the capper . If one looks at the events of 1913 its pretty clear this is a plan has been inplace of centuries. History repeating itself . That what the retards believe that planned this . They will not make it out of this timeline as they have in the past. It is written when they find out we are them it will be THEIR end not ours. Whats about to happen can't be stopped. Its ok . everthing is in place now . They will not escape this time. The gate keeper has done his work .

What is your native language? May God help you if it's English.

Feb 10, 2000
Jealous much? Its fine if you hate the guy because he is better off than you but please don't try to sell that as critical thought.

Certainly I would like to have the money to build a giant, hideous house, though I wouldn't use my money that way. I don't see how that has anything to do with what I wrote.

Where is the critical thought in your post? You seem to do nothing here but mock other posters and the President. I don't recall a single post of substance by you.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Yeah, sending out pink slips without warning is by far the nicer way to go about it.

Why do you and umbrella take business so personally?

"Vote for Candidate X or I may fire you" is being a condescending, egotistical, manipulative prick no matter how you slice it.

A responsible businessman would make plans for either candidate being elected, do what he can to adapt if taxes are raised, and if jobs must be cut, you make an announcement then. You don't try to guilt or threaten your employees into voting only for the candidate you support.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Just imagine what the folk who are fine with this would say if those workers said if Romney wins we'll quit.

When that liberal fuck Romney closes all his loop holes he's going to have to fire them anyway.

Republicans are lying scum.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Well you have to understand the demons . They find this mans words alarming and distasteful yet when Obummer does as you stated above which is likely illegal its ok to blackmail a company that depends on govrnment contracts . Its amazing how TRUELY brillant demons preceive themselves to be in the glass house built on deception. Demons claim to be brillant yet fully 1/12 cann't read or write, I watch demons on reality TV all the time they are complete morons period