Cawthorn. Lights on. Noone home.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
No apology needed, I just think this needs to made visible to everyone.

9 driving infractions in 10 years! I was a road warrior for 30 years, often driving 50K a year, and my lifetime tally for 60 years of driving is maybe 5 or 6.
I've had maybe that many over my 40 years of driving

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It isn't yet certain he'll even be on the ballot .....

He is on the ballot, as early voting has already started in NC, as the primary is May 17. There are 8 candidates in the republican primary for his seat. Most are figuring there will be a run off.

One of the candidates for Sheriff, in my county, died about a month ago. He's still on the ballot, because they had been printed. I think they will just discard any votes he receives.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The thing about all of this coming out, is that it is RNC research when vetting a candidate. They had this shit on him from the beginning, knew it would destroy him, but he is a valuable tool to expand their antidemocratic theocratic minority poison over the country.

Whether they keep this for blackmail or not when they need it, the simple fact is that they are willing pushing absolute garbage humans into positions of power because they absolutely hate the United States. This is just too fucking obvious to anyone that gives a dick.

If you're a republican voter supporting these homunculi, you are fucking garbage.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
The thing about all of this coming out, is that it is RNC research when vetting a candidate. They had this shit on him from the beginning, knew it would destroy him, but he is a valuable tool to expand their antidemocratic theocratic minority poison over the country.

Whether they keep this for blackmail or not when they need it, the simple fact is that they are willing pushing absolute garbage humans into positions of power because they absolutely hate the United States. This is just too fucking obvious to anyone that gives a dick.

If you're a republican voter supporting these homunculi, you are fucking garbage.
whenever there is no external enemy, conservatives seek to destroy the federal government. been happening for 200 years.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Personally I don't care if he or Katie Hill are gay. It's incredibly stupid and against the rules to have a relationship with your staffers in Hill's case. In Cawthorne's case, being gay is a huge no-no for ultra conservative gop firebrand reps.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
The GOP having a gay man on their team is the least of their concerns, to be honest. GOP has a damn identity crisis with the number of nutjobs in their ranks. Whatever brains the org had have been stomped on by jackboots. The GOP is an ever evolving mess into the things they fear the most.

Personally I don't care if he or Katie Hill are gay. It's incredibly stupid and against the rules to have a relationship with your staffers in Hill's case. In Cawthorne's case, being gay is a huge no-no for ultra conservative gop firebrand reps.
This is where I'll say that I assumed he was gay based on appearances when he chose to run. He looks like the type of guy who'd get the F word slur thrown at him all day long growing up. I know this is not particularly correct to say but I'm not sure how to phrase it in a more proper away to not offend anyone. Madison would have 100% gotten his face smashed in when I was in school just for his demeanor and dress.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I wonder if he switched teams because the only females who will go near him are foreign agents.

I care about him being such a national embarrassment and security risk but not so much what he does behind closed doors. The hypocrisy of his lifestyle contrasted with his politics is hard to ignore. Being such a moron and liar

Truly amazing who GQP cultists will vote for, but at least they seem to finally understand what a craven asshole they are dealing with. Sounds like the guy is getting burned by his own people now. Oh dear. Anyway...

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I think if a person is running for office, their personal life is an important consideration for voters - at least some aspects of it. I would not personally trust someone to make decision that directly impact me if that person cheated on their spouse, cheated on their taxes, repeatedly lied to law enforcement, FBI, etc. This goes for Republican or Democrat (Trump, Cuomo). If you are a POS human being with your personal affairs, you should not be trusted to make decisions on behalf of other people.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I think it's better stated that the lights are off and he's sitting in the dark ignoring the truth.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
apparently there's more explicit stuff out there:

That included a video last week, released with many disclaimers and caveats, showing a naked Cawthorn mounting another man in bed and dry-humping his face while making bizarre yelping noises—seemingly as a joke, but bizarre nonetheless. Cawthorn did not deny the video was authentic, but he dismissed it as horseplay, and said his foes were trying to “blackmail” him by publishing it. Few news outlets reported on it. His opponents didn’t even go near it.

In an interview, Wheeler told The Daily Beast that the video arrived, via email, from a man who wanted to remain anonymous as a “former supporter and donor” for Cawthorn.

It was just one of many tips and bits of information that the PAC has received about Cawthorn from various sources. And according to Wheeler, that firehose of oppo includes much more explicit material featuring the congressman—material Wheeler said he could not publish without breaking North Carolina law.