- Feb 15, 2002
When asked about Cawthorn's handling of guns during the meeting, Cawthorn's communications director Luke Ball reportedly said, "What could possibly be more patriotic than guns and veterans?"
I missed this, happened in January.
Cawthorn seemed to ignore a veteran discussing how military "burn pits" have left military members with serious health problems.www.newsweek.com
On a scale of 1-10, this is about a 9 when it comes to attention whoring among congressmen.
What's even more appalling is Cawthorn's PR guy response.
The only reason that's the case is he signaled he'd be willing to out their clandestine behaviors, so he's a traitor to them and can't be trusted. Its not because they're actually bothered by his behavior, as they seem to be partaking in as bad if not worse.I don't know whether it will amount to anything, but it looks like a great many of his colleagues are fed up with his behavior and, if he gets reelected, are talking repercussions (among them no important commitees or none at all). And you just know you're in trouble as a Republican when even Trump is backing away from you. We'll see how it all plays out. Probably he'll get reelected and nothing will happen. Lot of talk - no action.
He's had issues since his accident. And he needs to get help/therapy before he gets anywhere with his life.A string of embarrassing incidents has led many to question whether the young congressman from North Carolina was really ready for the job.www.politico.com
Long read, but damn that boy ain't right on any front.
Sounds like unaffiliated need to get out and vote him back in. Stick the Republicans with him for another cycle.In less than 48 hours, we should know if we are rid of this shit stain or not.
I actually expect not...
Here are some contributing factors in addition to the fact that Cawthorn and Trump type supporters are just a bunch of mouth breathing misogynistic, bible thumping, racists lower life forms.
- There are 7 candidates in the republican primary for the 11th District seat.
- There will be a run-off if no candidate receives 30% +1vote of votes cast.
- Those registered as republican can only vote in the republican primary
- Those registered as "unaffiliated" can vote in either primary, and make that choice at the polls when they sign in.
- There are more people registered as unaffiliated in NC than republican or democratic.
- Cawthorn has outspent his most serious opponent by a 6:1 margin.