Cawthorn. Lights on. Noone home.

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Dude's good looking so he's actually more dangerous than the MTG and Bobbert bimbo squad.
I don't agree. Republican voters clearly no longer support him. Maybe his district is red enough that it wouldn't matter in the general, and GOP voters have a history of supporting people they don't like because at least they aren't filthy Democrats, but the last thing they need is another ally in the House. He has clearly become a thorn in their side and the sooner the entire party tears itself apart the better.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I don't agree. Republican voters clearly no longer support him. Maybe his district is red enough that it wouldn't matter in the general, and GOP voters have a history of supporting people they don't like because at least they aren't filthy Democrats, but the last thing they need is another ally in the House. He has clearly become a thorn in their side and the sooner the entire party tears itself apart the better.

I don't see themselves tearing themselves apart. They exist for only 1 reason now:

TO OWN THE LIBS!

If anything I expect them to gain more voters for a while. Just look at Jimmy Dore and him going full MAGA now..

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

I agree with this. Its good he's out.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Would be nice to hear candid remarks from the Repubs in NC what their reasons are for not wanting to have Cawthorn reelected because it's just not like them to vote against a certified Trumpified nutjob, unless of course his opponent is that much more of a Trump kook than Cawthorn is. The alternative reason that they actually realize what a liability he is seems unlikely given how other radicalized Trump clones are winning in their districts.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Republican political pundit on CNN right now, discussions inside the party on doing the same thing against Cawthorn to MTG

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Republican political pundit on CNN right now, discussions inside the party on doing the same thing against Cawthorn to MTG
They're still perfectly fine with the likes of Boebert, Stefanik, and Rand Paul because those stay relatively low profile despite being just as bat shit crazy.

Reactions: Lezunto

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Holy shit!, he actually conceded?! .... No this election was stolen? Cancel culture canceled me? Great replacement theory replaced me?

I was looking for weeks of rants about fraud and demands for election audits and conspiracy theories about bamboo-fiber ballots from China. He did say “When Donald Trump has your back, he has your back to the end.” Sure, Trump has your back. It’s to keep you in place as the bus crushes you to death. Too bad Trump doesn’t like losers. They would be perfect together.

He’ll be fine. He'll pocket any and all leftover campaign funds. A gig on Faux News/QAnon/Newmax. Speaking tours with the fringe wackos.

But the sad reality and ultimate outcome is that his district will now be represented by someone who’ll vote just as lockstep in line with the MAGA but won’t as much of a fucking clown about it.

We can only hope for a tell all book deal with the names and dates of the cocaine orgies. if they had that information it might help track down whose llama ended up in Devin Nunes bedroom.