Catalyst 13.1 Out Now (New 13.2 Beta Links 3,4&5)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

(sic)Klown12

Nov 27, 2010
Should I download this ?
I have HD5670 card.
Only FPS improvement for new 7 Series cards ?

Most of the improvements are centered around GCN, but there may be some compatibility fixes for your card. If you're not having any issues now, then no real reason to update unless you just want to.

Revolution

May 24, 2000
Most of the improvements are centered around GCN, but there may be some compatibility fixes for your card. If you're not having any issues now, then no real reason to update unless you just want to.

Thanks for ur reply.
I'm having an issue with Skyrim but don't know its cos of driver or not.
Some textures(armors,wall,skin etc) are become light purple color in game.

jimhsu

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for ur reply.
I'm having an issue with Skyrim but don't know its cos of driver or not.
Some textures(armors,wall,skin etc) are become light purple color in game.

Missing textures. If custom content, make sure you put the textures in the appropriate directories. If not, try to move stuff out of your data folder.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Probably not an issue for anyone else... but I'm just pleased that the 13.1s allow my computer to Sleep and wake without need for Afterburner. The last ones that worked for me in this capacity were the release drivers with the 79xx series.

dragantoe

Oct 22, 2012
has anyone played far cry 3 with a 7870? because after 13.1 every time I start the game the display drivers crash after 10 minutes, then recovers, but the game completely freezes up until I use task manage to stop it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, but no dice

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Any worth while changes for 6950 crossfire since 12.10?

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
has anyone played far cry 3 with a 7870? because after 13.1 every time I start the game the display drivers crash after 10 minutes, then recovers, but the game completely freezes up until I use task manage to stop it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, but no dice

I had this problem with Hitman yesterday. Ironically, it was every time I tried to return to the menu. Screen would freeze and I needed to control-alt-delete to get into task manager, which reported that the game had stopped responding. Also using a 7870. Never had that error with beta 11.

Dstoop

Sep 2, 2012
Oh joy, looks like 13.1 brought back the hard crash on monitor sleep bug. Guess i'm rolling back to 12.10, a little artifacting is worth not having my computer lock up as soon as I walk away from it.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
BF3 is crashing on me and I keep getting exception errors when I shutdown windows. back to 12.11 Beta 8.

SiHawk

Dec 3, 2012
I fairly recently installed a new HD 7850 into my 'puter thus - I installed the new 13.1 drivers........I still get "ghost" tank above my tank in World of Tanks......had hoped these drivers would have cured that!!!

Did they quit giving us the Over Clocking Utility that they used to give us - the one where it would test each change you made to see if it remained stable??? Now - I can only find their offering to enable OC'ing the CPU. I just want to take my HD7850 up a bit???

THANKS, michael:confused:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Oh joy, looks like 13.1 brought back the hard crash on monitor sleep bug. Guess i'm rolling back to 12.10, a little artifacting is worth not having my computer lock up as soon as I walk away from it.

It's fine for me my monitor sleeps every 15 min if I leave it alone. Didn't have this issue at all. Hitman absolution gained some fps and everything else is running as before.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009

Are you using display port? If so, turn your monitor off and then back on. Should go right back into desktop. It's a pain, but I think it's a combination of problems between monitor makers and GPU makers not being on the same page in terms of voltages requied to wake a monitor from sleep.

I've heard people talk about firmware updates for their displayport equipment fixing the issue. Myself I just turn the monitor off and then back on, and it always goes back to desktop no crashes.

Greenlepricon

Aug 1, 2012
I haven't notice any problems so far with 13.1. In fact everything feels the same as 12.11. I've only tried two games so far so I'll chime in if anything goes wrong.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Are you using display port? If so, turn your monitor off and then back on. Should go right back into desktop. It's a pain, but I think it's a combination of problems between monitor makers and GPU makers not being on the same page in terms of voltages requied to wake a monitor from sleep.

I've heard people talk about firmware updates for their displayport equipment fixing the issue. Myself I just turn the monitor off and then back on, and it always goes back to desktop no crashes.

Yes. Everyone immediately wants to blame the card/drivers. It could be the Card or the adapter (if used) or the monitor that is running out of spec.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Whatever they did to Skyrim, it is awesome now. On a Phenom II 955BE and 7850 OC

With 12.10s I could manage around 50-55fps, w/normal textures and the flickering bug.

NOW I can manage the same FPS with the DLC hi-res textures, and 90% of the flickering is gone.

<--happy camper.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
using 12.11 beta now, whats teh best way to install this?

just run the installer? or should i uninstall the old and run cleaner or sorts?

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
well, things feel snappier, but the flickering issue with external oc program still exists.. oh well, using same trick of using LCD overdrive to fix it, but i hoped it would be fixed with official driver.

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
uninstall, restart into safe mode and run a cleaner, restart and install drivers

is that really taking that much time out of your day? i mean... so long as you have an ssd in your system this entire process would take... maybe 2 minutes?