Should there be a ban on cotton boxer briefs?

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2008
They are absolutely terrible. If you're an adult sized male they chafe the inside of your thighs like sandpaper if you're doing anything other than sitting at a desk. No one should be subjected to that. Nylon boxer briefs let you climb a mountain and then play a basketball game before giving you any issues.

Anyone with me?

Nov 8, 2012
Not gonna lie, the cotton ones would just naturally ride up all day, and everytime I took a piss I'd have to move them back down.

The spandex-ish ones are long enough and tight enough to not ride up. I'm stuck with them fo lyfe.

Reactions: TurtleCrusher

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Mine are all cotton and I don't have any issues. I have Alfani, Macy's brand.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
WEAR TRUNKS. No leg to ride up. Sexier than briefs and boxer-briefs.

Cotton helps. Else your pants slide down, due to lack of friction with nylon or polyester. Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Why the tighter briefs in "boxer briefs" at all? To support your junk when you're running? I'm trying to understand... what's wrong with just boxers?

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
They are absolutely terrible. If you're an adult sized male they chafe the inside of your thighs like sandpaper if you're doing anything other than sitting at a desk. No one should be subjected to that. Nylon boxer briefs let you climb a mountain and then play a basketball game before giving you any issues.

Anyone with me?

Used to bother me when I was heavy. Now that I'm normal sized, its fine. My legs dont rub, even with muscular legs/thighs. Lose the flab and you'll be fine. :)

Seriously though, I hiked, camped, ran, etc, this summer in sweltering heat and never had any chafing like I used to. I would buy goldbond powder by the case but don't need to anymore.

EDIT: I would add I normally wear just briefs though, but do also sometimes wear boxer briefs.

Last edited:

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Boxer master race here -- I don't like the way boxer briefs strangle my junk, and I do not like the super tight wasteband.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Why the tighter briefs in "boxer briefs" at all? To support your junk when you're running? I'm trying to understand... what's wrong with just boxers?

I have always had big hips and thighs compared to my waist. When I wore boxers they would ride up and strangle my hip crease, I would go to the bathroom 5-6 times a day just to pull them back down.

Cotton boxer briefs don't do that at all, they just stay right where they're supposed to. They are a goddamn miracle for me.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I did put mine on backwards once and didn't realize until I tried to take a piss.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Op must live in Soviet Russia where everything is rationed and has no freedom to buy whatever he wants to wear.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
When I wore boxers they would ride up and strangle my hip crease, I would go to the bathroom 5-6 times a day just to pull them back down.
Ah, the Boxer Rebellion.

Boxer briefs never appealed to me. I find briefs the most comfortable. That said, Jocky's briefs suck, horrible cut.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Cotton is good in that it provides friction to mitigate pants slippage, but you need elasticity. Otherwise it'll just get saggy. I look specifically for cotton + spandex/elastane trunks.

That said, if I'm feeling sexy I go for something more slippery.

Nov 8, 2012
I have always had big hips and thighs compared to my waist. When I wore boxers they would ride up and strangle my hip crease, I would go to the bathroom 5-6 times a day just to pull them back down.

Cotton boxer briefs don't do that at all, they just stay right where they're supposed to. They are a goddamn miracle for me.

Youre high. I have the same problem, but cotton ones are the ones that ride up. They usually aren't long enough, and they ride up because they aren't tight enough. That is a recipe for riding up.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I did put mine on backwards once and didn't realize until I tried to take a piss.

I accidently bought a set that didn't have openings once. Should be the goddamn death penalty for that shit.

Youre high. I have the same problem, but cotton ones are the ones that ride up. They usually aren't long enough, and they ride up because they aren't tight enough. That is a recipe for riding up.

Hmm, I might have to try the spandex then. The cotton ones are hella better than regular old boxers, but not perfect.