Can we get a ban on cotton boxer briefs?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Should there be a ban on cotton boxer briefs?

• Total voters

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
As a fat man who has had chafing issues, I can assure you that having ANY material between your thighs helps. It's when you don't have anything there that a problem develops. Boxer briefs of any kind, as long as there's enough length for how much fat-ass thigh contact you have, should be an improvement.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I accidently bought a set that didn't have openings once. Should be the goddamn death penalty for that shit.

I just bought the fruit of the loom breathable ones and they don't have a fly. Otherwise they're actually quite nice, but I was pissed when I found out they didn't have a fly. I didn't even know they made mens underwear without it.

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
If boxers aren't underwear do you wear tighty whities under them?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I went from over sized boxers to cotton boxer briefs and LOVE IT!

It was difficult and weird in the beginning when I put on the first pair of Calvin Klein cotton boxer briefs. They were tight, but since I've been wearing them for some time I've come to appreciate them.

1) No constant need for readjustment, unlike regular boxers which are normally too big. Even the small sizes.
2) They work much better with a dress shirt that needs tucking in. With regular boxers it was normally a mess.
3) IMO, they look much much better than boxers. Especially if you've been working out.
4) Finally, women love them. Studies have been done and it shows that they favor cotton boxer briefs over pretty much everything else.

Yep, even commando! :(

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I just bought the fruit of the loom breathable ones and they don't have a fly. Otherwise they're actually quite nice, but I was pissed when I found out they didn't have a fly. I didn't even know they made mens underwear without it.

Yeah, I bought some like that and was WTF?