Question Can somoene explain the different ROG laptop lineups ?

FlameTail

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2021
I was having a look at Asus ROG laptops. The problem is there are so many lineups such as strix, scar, zephyrus etc.. and then the zephyrus is divided into G, M and S lineups.

As a stranger to Asus laptops, this is really confusing for me.

Can someone clarify the differences between each and every ROG lineup ? And most importantly please also mention the price range of each of them.

PS: I did make a lot of effort to find the answer myself, but Google fails to understand when I type in "ROG laptop lineup guide". And Google Assistant (pun intended) fails to assist.

kromracing

Aug 2, 2004
I buy Asus ROG gaming laptops. All the lineups confuse me and require many hours of research to determine which one to buy. Unfortunately, you aren't going to find it explained anywhere. Even Asus' website doesn't explain the difference. So roll up your sleeves and spend hours researching every laptop in their lineup to figure out which one you want.

skome

Sep 10, 2021
I was having a look at Asus ROG laptops. The problem is there are so many lineups such as strix, scar, zephyrus etc.. and then the zephyrus is divided into G, M and S lineups.

As a stranger to Asus laptops, this is really confusing for me.

Can someone clarify the differences between each and every ROG lineup ? And most importantly please also mention the price range of each of them.

PS: I did make a lot of effort to find the answer myself, but Google fails to understand when I type in "ROG laptop lineup guide". And Google Assistant (pun intended) fails to assist.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Thanks for those links.

The marketing people have insured the precious little technical information
was provided and that all the laptops they sell are said to be "the best".

Asus is not the only company guilty of this.

You basically need to already have an idea what specs you are looking for and just consider models that meet those specs.

Generally the more powerful the system the bigger and heavier it is going to be. If you try to shove too much into too small of a package it the resulting system will be thermally limited.