California Woman pens powerful open letter to Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vaux

May 24, 2013
To be honest I do not really give a crap about anything Trump says.

Have a nice day.

2z5sirs.gif

Or what he didn't say, in this case.

And thanks, you have a nice day as well.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
As usual denying while the truth is a google search away.

Yahoo News asked Donald Trump whether tracking Muslims would require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special ID that noted their religion. He replied, "We're going to have to have to.. (pause) We're going to look at a lot of things very closely"

Vaux. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Oh look the bullshit train is passing through. Trump never said anyone had to wear ID badges - but let's not let the truth get in the way of their agenda.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-muslims-id/

Wow talk about splitting hairs. I guess there is a difference between making them wear an ID and forcing them to have a special ID that identifies as Muslim that they would carry and have to present as needed.

Either one of these options is insane and incompatible with our concept of what a "free" society is.

But really you're trying to go back to the Trump didn't really mean to answer that question that way meme which is really old at this point. He is accountable for the answers he gives to the questions he is asked.

Last edited:

Vaux

May 24, 2013
As usual denying while the truth is a google search away.

Vaux. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen the video, but I have never known Snopes to get it wrong.

It is easy to manipulate the phrasing of what he said there. It's not "We're going to have to" PERIOD. That is totally different than what you and others are posting. He began the sentence, and didn't finish it. Then he completed it next.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Odds say she's not, but I neither know nor care.

She adheres to a religion that is incompatible with a free society.

Interestingly enough your thoughts and beliefs are incompatible with a free society due to your desired enslavement and or elimination of all the people that follow a certian religion...

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You think so? He seems to have plenty of minions lined up to vote him into Office.

Not enough. He hits on all the things that piss of working guy's, he says the things that a lot of people think but won't say. He actually has a couple good ideas. But he crosses the line, and there is a line. He goes into stupid territory, he pushes the limits just to see how far he can go. I love him being in the race, because the GOP can't seem to field a candidate that isn't crazy or stupid, and they have to look at Trump and wonder where they went wrong.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I haven't seen the video, but I have never known Snopes to get it wrong.

It is easy to manipulate the phrasing of what he said there. It's not "We're going to have to" PERIOD. That is totally different than what you and others are posting. He began the sentence, and didn't finish it. Then he completed it next.

And they have manipulated the shit out of it, taking it out of context and content.

As far as this "powerful" open letter, it was a paragraph, not a letter, it was a couple sentences, not a full paragraph, and it didn't even have much content.

It is typical of the twitterhead generation. A few hashtags, some texting type sentences, and that's it.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
And they have manipulated the shit out of it, taking it out of context and content.

As far as this "powerful" open letter, it was a paragraph, not a letter, it was a couple sentences, not a full paragraph, and it didn't even have much content.

It is typical of the twitterhead generation. A few hashtags, some texting type sentences, and that's it.

divert, divert, divert.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
So trump is ok with Muslims then?

So that poorly formatted twitterhead paragraph was a "powerful" "letter" then? It was a pithy faux attempt at some moral highground strawman that didn't even exist.

It's funny. Lefties are losing their shit over "white terrorists" and shutting down free speech on campuses because it is "hurtful" but the second anybody dares suggest that stereotyping any "protected class" should happen, like they do for white males, they lose even more shit.

Trump isn't OK with radicalized muslims, as he has stated, but from what I said he hasn't suggested an ID. This is much ado about nothing.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So that poorly formatted twitterhead paragraph was a "powerful" "letter" then? It was a pithy faux attempt at some moral highground strawman that didn't even exist.

It's funny. Lefties are losing their shit over "white terrorists" and shutting down free speech on campuses because it is "hurtful" but the second anybody dares suggest that stereotyping any "protected class" should happen, like they do for white males, they lose even more shit.

Trump isn't OK with radicalized muslims, as he has stated, but from what I said he hasn't suggested an ID. This is much ado about nothing.

It's beyond clear at this point that the GOP is the largest hate group in the world and its demographic is full of woman hating xenophobic and racist terrorists trying to terrorize America.

To deny that as the media is doing is beyond insane.

And if you doubt me:

1. We have people of the party calling for mandatory rounding up and execution of LGBT as a pre-requisite for the presidency.

2. We have people running for President calling for openly discriminating by monitoring people of a certain religion when the entire country and it's constitution declares a freedom of religion.

3. We have people running for President wanting to deport American Citizens from their homeland just because their parents were illegal aliens.

4. We have people running for President wanting to lower the minimum wage of Americans as it's too high.

5. We have people running for President wanting to not give voting rights to all Americans aged 18 and above.

One often wonders how is this not treason and terrorism already?

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

How is freedom of opinion incompatible with a free society? Religion is nothing but opinion, after all.
And if we're deciding that certain opinions shouldn't be allowed, who exactly is making that decision? And how exactly does infringing on the freedoms of some of us make all of us more free?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
It's clear at this point GOP the largest hate group in the world and its demographic is full of woman hating xenophobic and racist terrorists trying to terrorize America.

And it's clear that the liberals are the largest group of free speech squelching big government assholes who want nothing more than to tear down the biggest demographic group in the country. Look at what is going on at American universities. That is liberalism. That is feminism. That is race baiting big government free speech hating pricks who want nothing more than a big pacifier given to them by a nanny state.

This is your country you are building and the Universities are the birthing ground. A bunch of spoiled piles of shit. What's worse is that the grievance machine is far worse than tea baggers. Look at what it has birthed in Venezuela, or France, or the UK. An economic and social malaise full of self-hating do-nothings who just want a free handout and to feel good about themselves by allowing everybody and anybody in, to their ultimate detriment. Why? Because these so-called enlightened elites don't mingle with the immigrants, as the slums in Calaise show, they just want them to feed off of the big government tit. That's it. More voters.

All paid for by the people they hate, the big companies and wealthy, who have raised the spoiled pieces of shit by giving them everything they want as kids. They continue it to pacify them, to their eventual demise.

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
And it's clear that the liberals are the largest group of free speech squelching big government assholes who want nothing more than to tear down the biggest demographic group in the country.

You have 0 facts that can be used to back up your claim as usual.

You're just spewing pure hate by a hate group.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The only thing that is clear is that trump supporters are pretty fucking stupid!

Thanks for clearing that up! I especially liked the part where you point out people who are exercising their free speech as examples of people who are trying to squelch free speech. The irony is completely lost on you;)

And it's clear that the liberals are the largest group of free speech squelching big government assholes who want nothing more than to tear down the biggest demographic group in the country. Look at what is going on at American universities. That is liberalism. That is feminism. That is race baiting big government free speech hating pricks who want nothing more than a big pacifier given to them by a nanny state.

This is your country you are building and the Universities are the birthing ground. A bunch of spoiled piles of shit. What's worse is that the grievance machine is far worse than tea baggers. Look at what it has birthed in Venezuela, or France, or the UK. An economic and social malaise full of self-hating do-nothings who just want a free handout and to feel good about themselves by allowing everybody and anybody in, to their ultimate detriment. Why? Because these so-called enlightened elites don't mingle with the immigrants, as the slums in Calaise show, they just want them to feed off of the big government tit. That's it. More voters.

All paid for by the people they hate, the big companies and wealthy, who have raised the spoiled pieces of shit by giving them everything they want as kids. They continue it to pacify them, to their eventual demise.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

students do stupid shit while students. film at 11.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

BTW these guys who are calling her a terrorist are nothing if not consistent in their prejudice:

Take a look at this, even though it is more than a year old:

http://www.oneindia.com/india/bolly...ed-arabic-terrorist-by-americans-1381842.html

Another case of mistaken for terrorist just because brown.

Thankfully it's not all Americans as I actually have known of her since she became Miss World.. I actually watch that show.. :wub:

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
You have 0 facts that can be used to back up your claim as usual.

You're just spewing pure hate by a hate group.

How about Western Europe? Self-hating, anti-free speech white liberals taking refugees up the ass and loving it. Many (especially younger) liberals would love to see that here.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
So are you saying that she isn't a real Muslim then?

It's not up to me to determine who is a "real" muslim and who isn't. I have no idea who is or isn't.

o_O
ISIS/Al Queda/Etc are cults. They do not represent the vast majority of Muslims any more than the KKK, Jim Jones, or West Burrow represent the Christian faith. As you say, any religion can be twisted. Roughly 10 million Muslims live in the US and nearly all of them are doing quite well in a "free society" as you say.

Ah yes, the old "it's only a small percentage" argument. True, only a small percentage are murderous zealots willing to kill for their cause, but that's not the part that makes islam incompatible with a free society. Even amount the supposedly normal ones, even in western countries like France, the UK and so forth, a disturbingly high percentage support punishment for apostasy, punishment for insult of momammed or islam, and restrictions on free speech, restrictions on dress based on islam. The fundamental inability to accept that others not only don't have to agree with the religion but are free to mock/insult/ignore it is what makes islam followers incompatible with free society.

What percentage of Catholics do you suppose would support throwing someone in jail if they convert to another religion? What percentage of Christians do you suppose would support jailing people who say something mean about Jesus or make fun of him?

That kind of stuff is why islam is incompatible with free society. It's not that each and every follower is bad or dangerous, it's that as a collective they don't support basic freedoms needed for a free society.

Interestingly enough your thoughts and beliefs are incompatible with a free society due to your desired enslavement and or elimination of all the people that follow a certian religion...

My desired enslavement and or elimination of people? Please reference any post of mine where I've advocated that, or kindly STFU with your bullshit.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
As usual facts don't matter to hate groups. Only destruction of their target does. :D
You still don't get it. That or you are just trolling. She was addressing something that wasn't real. Her "facts" are wrong and she addressed them in the typical millenial idiotic manner.

Last edited: