Bush needs to go

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
From the perspective of a college student President Bush is not doing a thing to help me out. A government should help out its people in need. I see bush donig nothing like that. The only thing he seems to focus on is the "No kid left behind" act. No great country has ever been great by complying with the least common denominator. And that is exactaly what he is trying to do. You must focus on education, becasue without it there will be a shortage of great thinkers that make the technology that we have been winning these wars lwith. He is focusing on the military, which I am not in total disagreement with but education can not be left to rot.
He is not helping middle america either. He needs to create new jobs for the middle class. If he wants to get out of of debt, he has to give more support to the middle class becasue they can generate a lot of money.

In my mind, a government should focus on helping out its people before helping out other nations. I am not against the war in iraq becasue i think that it will bring saftey to this country, but you have to also help out people in this nation, before spending billions of dollars on a war.

that is my .02

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The only thing he seems to focus on is the "No kid left behind" act.
Even that is based on a program that was fraudulent because the stats were cooked with funny numbers manipulated by the Houston School District

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Even that is based on a program that was fraudulent because the stats were cooked with funny numbers manipulated by the Houston School District

i think it is good that he is helping out kids that have trouble in shcools, but you NEED to focus on improving education for gifted kids. they are the people that will make the ground breaking inventions that we need to stay on top.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Dufman

i think it is good that he is helping out kids that have trouble in shcools, but you <STRONG>NEED </STRONG>to focus on improving education for gifted kids. they are the people that will make the ground breaking inventions that we need to stay on top.
That should be the responsibility of the local community or state, not the Federal Gov.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I agree that I want him to go, too. But, I like his focus on the military. Military funding is more than just killing people. It also involves researching the technology that you think the people from our education system will develop. It's one of the factors that makes the US the leading technological country.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
From the perspective of a college student President Bush is not doing a thing to help me out. A government should help out its people in need.
I read that far and then stopped....let me make this perfectly clear to you....

It is not the government's job to take care of you. It is your job to take care of you. The whole idea that the government owes you something and that you are entitled to be "helped out" is what has this country zooming on a bullet train straight to hell.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

i think it is good that he is helping out kids that have trouble in shcools, but you <STRONG>NEED </STRONG>to focus on improving education for gifted kids. they are the people that will make the ground breaking inventions that we need to stay on top.

Yeah....because only the smart kids deserve a better education.
rolleye.gif

bigdog1218

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
From the perspective of a college student President Bush is not doing a thing to help me out. A government should help out its people in need.

It is not the government's job to take care of you. It is your job to take care of you. The whole idea that the government owes you something and that you are entitled to be "helped out" is what has this country zooming on a bullet train straight to hell.

And multiple tax cuts would be a good example of this.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: bigdog1218

No, because that isn't the government giving you something you didn't earn. Tax cuts are the government giving us all more of our money back to spend as we like instead of feeding the increasingly bloated federal government. I voted for Bush and there's a 99.9% chance I will do so again. I do however have a problem with his increasing of the size of government, but to think someone like John Kerry would do a better job at controlling spending and shrinking government is like asking Charlie Sheen to date your daughter and believing he won't fvck her.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: bigdog1218

So it's your contention that the gov't can keep taking more and more of your money? - why?
Tax-cuts are a not a good example of what was being talked about. What was being talked about was the whole - "what are you going to do for me" attitude alot of Americans have in regards to the gov't. I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I hear some candidate forum or question asked of one of the politicians like: "What are you going to do for XXX, because I am XXX and I think the gov't needs to do more." People need to understand that the gov't isn't supposed to take care of their everyday needs/wants - you as an individual are charged with that. Needing the gov't to babysit you or hold your hand through life type attitudes make me sick.

CkG

Dec 27, 2001
Hey, dufman, you think a Democratic President will be able to wave a magical wand and create new jobs? Is that why you're saying Bush must go?

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001
From the perspective of a college student President Bush is not doing a thing to help me out. A government should help out its people in need. I see bush donig nothing like that. The only thing he seems to focus on is the "No kid left behind" act. No great country has ever been great by complying with the least common denominator. And that is exactaly what he is trying to do. You must focus on education, becasue without it there will be a shortage of great thinkers that make the technology that we have been winning these wars lwith. He is focusing on the military, which I am not in total disagreement with but education can not be left to rot.
He is not helping middle america either. He needs to create <STRONG>new jobs</strong> for the middle class. If he wants to get out of of debt, he has to give more support to the middle class becasue they can generate a lot of money.

In my mind, a government should focus on helping out its people before helping out other nations. I am not against the war in iraq becasue i think that it will bring saftey to this country, but you have to also help out people in this nation, before spending billions of dollars on a war.

that is my .02

I don't want to sound rude, but you need to reevaluate your first sentence. Never rely on the government to "help you out." Rely on yourself. You will learn that quickly when you graduate. I did.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Citizens do not exist to serve their governments, their governments exist to serve them.

That being said. Dufman: do you vote?

Sternfan

May 24, 2003
Typical college PUNK, its all about you. I can't wait for your college days to be over and real life slaps you in the face.
Get a clue and put down the bong, you must help yourself. Go on wellfair then you can site home and smoke pot all day and eat cheezy poofs with Cartman.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Sternfan
Typical college PUNK, its all about you. I can't wait for your college days to be over and real life slaps you in the face.
Get a clue and put down the bong, you must help yourself. Go on wellfair then you can site home and smoke pot all day and eat cheezy poofs with Cartman.

rolleye.gif

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Sternfan

You go girl!

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
uh oh people are opening their long shut eyes to the truth about bush! :eek:

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Citizens do not exist to serve their governments, their governments exist to serve them.

You want to qualify that a bit more? Alot could be read into a statement like that;)

CkG

Going by Mr. Paine's idea that government is a necessary evil, instituted for the mutual protection of self and property, and by Mr. Jefferson's thoughts that government is instituted by the consent of the governed, I've come to the conclusion that the government is not an end in itself, nor is it ever to be thought of as something other than an unfortunate necessity. The fact that the United States government is the largest employer in the US second to Wal Mart (IIRC, :p) is an abomination and an abuse of that power that was granted. The fact that the government now assumes responsibility for the retirement funds of nearly every elderly American is an abomination and contrary to the spirit in which this nation was founded.

This young man shouldn't necessarily be criticized for questioning the government. I do disagree that the government should "help out" its citizens in need - that's not its place. Most workers will retrain, or move, or accept a lower wage. This is the way it goes. No one guaranteed you a job, but I can guarantee you that you can find a job or two if you look hard enough. For those invalids that do exist, help comes through charitable organizations, and giving to those entities should be encouraged, rather than relegating that power to the government.

The instant you become dependent on your government is the day you become a subject, not a citizen.

Cheers!
Nate

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
He is not helping middle america either. He needs to create <STRONG>new jobs</strong> for the middle class. If he wants to get out of of debt, he has to give more support to the middle class becasue they can generate a lot of money.

that is my .02

no, what we need is LESS government in our lives. From what I gather, you want the President to somehow pay for your college? Or make it easier for you to pay your college through loans, grants, or scholarships? Or to make colleges lower their tuition, or donate money to the colleges so they dont have to charge as much in tuition? I have no problem with grants or scholarships because you dont have to pay them back. But where do you think the money for these types of things are going to come from?

And no, the government doesnt need to create new jobs, I dont want a government controlled job [and neither do you, they dont pay as well as a corporation in the private sector] Not only that, but in order for the government to create new jobs, that means we have to expand the government and/or create new government institutions.

Dont blame the goverment because all the tech companies are outsourcing their jobs to foreign lands. Dont blame the government because the private sector loves to minimize costs and maximize profits.
But do blame the government for letting the face of our economy change from and industrial economy to an information based economy too fast.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

You want to qualify that a bit more? Alot could be read into a statement like that;)

CkG

Going by Mr. Paine's idea that government is a necessary evil, instituted for the mutual protection of self and property, and by Mr. Jefferson's thoughts that government is instituted by the consent of the governed, I've come to the conclusion that the government is not an end in itself, nor is it ever to be thought of as something other than an unfortunate necessity. The fact that the United States government is the largest employer in the US second to Wal Mart (IIRC, :p) is an abomination and an abuse of that power that was granted. The fact that the government now assumes responsibility for the retirement funds of nearly every elderly American is an abomination and contrary to the spirit in which this nation was founded.

This young man shouldn't necessarily be criticized for questioning the government. I do disagree that the government should "help out" its citizens in need - that's not its place. Most workers will retrain, or move, or accept a lower wage. This is the way it goes. No one guaranteed you a job, but I can guarantee you that you can find a job or two if you look hard enough. For those invalids that do exist, help comes through charitable organizations, and giving to those entities should be encouraged, rather than relegating that power to the government.

The instant you become dependent on your government is the day you become a subject, not a citizen.

Cheers!
Nate

:beer::D

I'd agree for the most part. I might go a little further but that answer holstered my guns....for now;)

CkG

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
From the perspective of a college student President Bush is not doing a thing to help me out
Spoken like a true Democrat...gimme..gimme..gimme...
you are a priviledged individual....only about 25% of the population goes to college, college graduates earn more money, have more opportunities...but you feel the Federal Goverment needs to "help me out" more...look in the mirror and be grateful you aren't a single mother with no education beyond high school. Instead of whining about the goverment not making YOUR life better..why don't you go out and do some volunteer work or charity related work and make the country a better place instead of aspiring to be a parasite.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
From the perspective of a college student President Bush is not doing a thing to help me out
Spoken like a true Democrat...gimme..gimme..gimme...
you are a priviledged individual....only about 25% of the population goes to college, college graduates earn more money, have more opportunities...but you feel the Federal Goverment needs to "help me out" more...look in the mirror and be grateful you aren't a single mother with no education beyond high school. Instead of whining about the goverment not making YOUR life better..why don't you go out and do some volunteer work or charity related work and make the country a better place instead of aspiring to be a parasite.

Exactly...one of the reason I got so tired of my overly liberal college was this "handout" mentality people seemed to have, they expected the govt to just do everything for them, god forbid they strive to provide for themselves...