Burn the Confederate Flag Day?!

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I came across this on Facebook: http://sites.google.com/site/burnrebelflagday/

I think I am sorta pissed about this. I think most Tea Party people are crazy, but this seems like a really dumb way to "get even" with them. My first thought was what about those people who are proud Southerners but also Democrats in opposition to the Tea Party?

I am all for freedom of speech and support the notion of burning flags as the rightful exercise of that speech. However due to the powerful imagery evoked in these exercises of free speech, the burning of a flag should be reserved for the most significant of issues to protest.

I was raised and lived in Texas for 25 years of my life and consider myself a Texan first and foremost followed by a Southerner. I realize that many people have the Confederate Flag due to racial issues, however I also do realize that some people like the Stars and Bars simply because of Southern pride. As someone who is proud to be from the South I do take some offense to this proposed flag burning even though I also do think the Tea Baggers are crazy. As such I do not think this is the best way to protest the Tea Party and cultivate an united front against them - many Republicans do not like the Tea Party and this is a sure-fire way of alienating them.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
what a bunch of morons. they clearly do not know the history of the confederate flag and WTF DOES THE CONFEDERATE FLAG HAVE TO DO WITH THE TEA PARTY!!!

like any other political party the tea party has some good ideas and some bad ideas. but to hold a rally burning the rebel flag in protest of the tea party is just plan crazy. the two arent even connected.

hell may as well burn the rebel flag to protest the dems or repugs it will mean the same thing.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOLlibtards. The tolerant left.

What this idiot doesn't realize is the Tea Party would support his 1st amendment rights.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You will find that in general the people that scream tolerance and yell racist at others are the most intolerant and racist people there are. That is a fact.

LMAO @ Spidey trying to paint everyone with the same brush he is stained with from head to toe. The only fact is the people on the same side of the coin as you wish you would STFU already and stop costing them more votes.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Burn the Confederate Flag Day?!

Its funny. They have a right to do it, we have a right to be angry with them. Not quite sure what there is to discuss.

As such I do not think this is the best way to protest the Tea Party and cultivate an united front against them - many Republicans do not like the Tea Party and this is a sure-fire way of alienating them.

Support big government... save Confederate flags? The message is quite backwards from familiar thought. We've gone from waging a civil war to "don't burn the flags, you might alienate them!".

Last edited:

Elias824

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2007
Youd think they could find something better to burn in protest, Maybe a giant teabag or something silly like that.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So is the goal of the protest suppose to be to instill anger into your opponents in an attempt to get them to attack you or what?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
LOL@ the Google ads

• RebelStore.comEverything Confederate! On Line since 1996
    www.RebelStore.com
  • Union & Confederate FlagsWide selection, low prices, fast shipping. Yahoo Top service Award
    www.united-states-flag.com
  • Jeff Davis TShirt $15.96Celebrating the heritage, history & faith of the great Southland folk!
    www.csa150.com
  • Buy - Tea Party Flags
    checkout_999999.gif
    The Gadsden Flag-Don't Tread on me Bright Yellow Nylon-Made is the USA
    USFlagSupply.com/US_Historical_Flag
Confederate FlagBid on Confederate Flag now! Find great deals & huge selection.
www.eBay.com

Rebel Flags from $1.80Quality Guaranteed. Full Refund Within 30 Days with Ground Shipping
www.FlagsImporter.com

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Why would anybody give a shit about burning the Confederate Flag and why would anyone bother?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
All forms of pride exist because of self hate. One feels worthless and substitutes belonging to some external worthy as a substitute for self respect. We attach to externals because we feel worthless as individuals.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I'm all for burning Confederate flags, Nazi insignia, Taliban flags, etc. They are all symbols of evil regimes and deserve nothing less.

You right wingers can take your politically correct revisionism and shove it up your asses.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why would anybody give a shit about burning the Confederate Flag and why would anyone bother?

One person who feels worthless trying to feel superior to some other person who feels worthless..... If you can convince yourself you are superior to somebody who feels worthless you get to be a real somebody assuming, of course, that you're also brain dead.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm all for burning Confederate flags, Nazi insignia, Taliban flags, etc. They are all symbols of evil regimes and deserve nothing less.

You right wingers can take your politically correct revisionism and shove it up your asses.

You will just feel these clowns need to be hated because they hate themselves. They offend because being hated is preferable, emotionally, to being ignored. In short you play right into their game. These folk aren't monsters. They are emotionally sick. There is nothing curative about hating the mentally ill.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
You will just feel these clowns need to be hated because they hate themselves. They offend because being hated is preferable, emotionally, to being ignored. In short you play right into their game. These folk aren't monsters. They are emotionally sick. There is nothing curative about hating the mentally ill.

I love them, and Jesus loves them, but we hate their lifestyle choice.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I love them, and Jesus loves them, but we hate their lifestyle choice.

You will hate them as long as you think it's choice. I know they are asleep and act like machines. They have no virtue or vice because they are asleep. What you called choice is what has to be as a consequence of sleep. They act by program.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
There is a bit of irony that a group wanting to protest the Tea Party's alleged discriminatory views are themselves discriminatory.

Facebook gem:
Allen Bukoff The South = inferior white people

If I was a white Southerner protesting the Tea Party, how exactly would I feel about an organization that would tolerate such viewpoints itself?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
You will find that in general the people that scream tolerance and yell racist at others are the most intolerant and racist people there are. That is a fact.

Serious question : did you post this while wearing your robes?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
There is a bit of irony that a group wanting to protest the Tea Party's alleged discriminatory views are themselves discriminatory.

Facebook gem:

If I was a white Southerner protesting the Tea Party, how exactly would I feel about an organization that would tolerate such viewpoints itself?

The progressive, "tolerant" left are some of the most hateful, racist people on earth.