Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Indictment Likely

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
There's no way an obummer or illary led DOJ is going to allow the FBI or anyone else to seek an indictment against the queen. Not happening, no matter what she's done. She's above the law.

Still jealous of Prez Bill getting his glans lip polished?

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
There is an erroneous assumption in this discussion between the relationship between DOJ and FBI, as well as their respective roles. They are not separate agencies - FBI is an investigative arm of DOJ. Think of DOJ as a prosecutor and FBI as a detective. FBI does not have the power to indict.

It appears the vast right wing conspiracy is alive and kicking. Rogue former agents write nutty fictions about the Clintons, then partisan agents in FBI decide to investigate on the basis of such credible recounts. When the superiors tell them to stop wasting tax-payer money on fictions those partisan agents leak whatever nonsensical materials to the GOP congress, which in turn pressure to sustain such "investigations." FOX lends megaphones to anything and everything, including the stories published by the Enquirer et al. Rinse and repeat.

Comey should resign and the FBI needs cleansing.

Reactions: feralkid

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
There is an erroneous assumption in this discussion between the relationship between DOJ and FBI, as well as their respective roles. They are not separate agencies - FBI is an investigative arm of DOJ. Think of DOJ as a prosecutor and FBI as a detective. FBI does not have power to indict.

It appears the vast right wing conspiracy is alive and kicking. Rogue former agents write nutty fictions about the Clintons, then partisan agents decide to investigate on the basis of such credible recounts. When the superiors tell them to stop wasting tax-payer money on fictions those partisan agents leak whatever nonsensical materials to the GOP congress, which in turn pressure to sustain such "investigations." Rinse and repeat.

Comey should resign and the FBI needs cleansing.
I seem to recall a compromised leader of the DOJ having to punt to the FBI, placing Comey into a political quagmire.

Also, Comey would be the very senior resource working to control said rogue agents by pulling these investigations to the jurisdiction of HQ.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
President Clinton did not step on Lynch's plane? The Podesta leaks don't expose coordination between the State department and Clinton campaign? Podesta and Kadzik don't have a relationship?

There is smoke all over this forest, and the fire is Clinton's utter lack of judgement. Fortunately for her she is running against someone with even poorer judgement, unless of course there is another lurking October surprise.

This election is a race to the bottom, literally.

And you're driving it that with speculation & innuendo, obviously.
Isolated pieces of information that form a very clear pattern. Fortunately for the Clintonistas, as bad as that pattern looks, it still shines brightly next to Trump's.

Of course, there is a very real possibility of Clinton's victory being a Pyrrhic one.

Will you do a Glen Beck style chalkboard exercise on U tube for us?

And, yes, tearing down the evil Hillary will promote more right wing obstructionism, no doubt. That's the whole point, isn't it?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Lopri wrote an informative post on the relationship between the DOJ and FBI, with the FBI serving as the investigative arm of the DOJ, and the AG acting on recommendations from the FBI. The FBI should never be put in the position of having to reveal or explain its means and methods.

Lynch punted to Comey and put him in the hot seat after the Clinton tarmac meeting. In compromising herself she compromised the FBI.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lopri wrote an informative post on the relationship between the DOJ and FBI, with the FBI serving as the investigative arm of the DOJ, and the AG acting on recommendations from the FBI. The FBI should never be put in the position of having to reveal or explain its means and methods.

Lynch punted to Comey and put him in the hot seat after the Clinton tarmac meeting. In compromising herself she compromised the FBI.

Bullshit. The statute invoked by IG McCullough specifically puts it on the FBI. Or at least he said so in his letter to Congress.

As for the whole Bill compromising Lynch song & dance, that's also bullshit. If he wanted to do that he wouldn't have gotten a wild hair up his ass to bound across the tarmac in a chance convergence of schedules. Anybody not just spreading the FUD knows that.

The organizational structure of the FBI being part of the DoJ belies the power & independence the FBI has enjoyed since the days of J Edgar Hoover. That's reflected in the 10 year term of the FBI director. He's not an ordinary political appointee like Lynch or any other head of the DoJ. Lynch doesn't have the power to fire Comey even if she wanted to. He chose his own way in all this, make no mistake about that.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Fox's Baier is now retracting the story:
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/oop...indictment-after-conservatives-sites-go-wild/
MARTHA MACCALLUM (CO-HOST): The FBI sources that you spoke with suggest that an indictment is likely. That would prove -- go ahead.

BRET BAIER: I want to be clear -- I want to be clear about this, and this was -- came from a Q and A that I did with Brit Hume after my show and after we went through everything. He asked me if, after the election, if Hillary Clinton wins, will this investigation continue, and I said, “yes absolutely.” I pressed the sources again and again what would happen. I got to the end of that and said, “they have a lot of evidence that would, likely lead to an indictment.” But that’s not, that’s inartfully answered. That’s not the process. That’s not how you do it. You have to have a prosecutor. If they don't move forward with a prosecutor with the DOJ, there would be, I'm told, a very public call for an independent prosecutor to move forward. There is confidence in the evidence, but for me to phrase it like I did, of course that got picked up everywhere, but the process is different than that.
So he misreported anonymous sources who don't make the decision to indict or not.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
And sexually assaulting women is not a crime but locker room talk to the right.

Well, it's clearly not a crime to the left, unless the alleged perp has an r after his name - unless you last name happens to be slang for certan male genitalia.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
And you're driving it that with speculation & innuendo, obviously.

Will you do a Glen Beck style chalkboard exercise on U tube for us?

And, yes, tearing down the evil Hillary will promote more right wing obstructionism, no doubt. That's the whole point, isn't it?
Yes, because the wikileaks are a hoax created to drive speculation and innuendo. Said no one ever.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, because the wikileaks are a hoax created to drive speculation and innuendo. Said no one ever.

The Wikileaks of Podesta's emails are a giant nothing burger having nothing to do with the topic at hand. The FBI isn't investigating those emails.

You knew that, right? But the need to divert apparently overcame you as it often does.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Bullshit. The statute invoked by IG McCullough specifically puts it on the FBI. Or at least he said so in his letter to Congress.

As for the whole Bill compromising Lynch song & dance, that's also bullshit. If he wanted to do that he wouldn't have gotten a wild hair up his ass to bound across the tarmac in a chance convergence of schedules. Anybody not just spreading the FUD knows that.

The organizational structure of the FBI being part of the DoJ belies the power & independence the FBI has enjoyed since the days of J Edgar Hoover. That's reflected in the 10 year term of the FBI director not an ordinary political appointee like Lynch or any other head of the DoJ. Lynch doesn't have the power to fire Comey even if she wanted to. He chose his own way in all this, make no mistake about that.
Not bullshit at all. The circumstances of how the meeting came about is irrelevant as it was inappropriate. Why did Lynch recuse herself if it is just FUD. Recusal is in response to conflict of interest. President Clinton knew exactly what he was doing.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not bullshit at all. The circumstances of how the meeting came about is irrelevant as it was inappropriate. Why did Lynch recuse herself if it is just FUD. Recusal is in response to conflict of interest. President Clinton knew exactly what he was doing.

Clearly if bill knew what he was doing he wouldn't have put a supposed Clinton stooge in a position requiring herself to be recused. Or are you of the opinion that what bill did was on purpose so that any decision to go after Clinton was done by the same guy who has investigated the Clinton's twice before, including overseeing the prosecution of Marc rich? The same guy whose FBI just released the marc rich files a week before the election because their twitter account is working again?

Is their any conspiracy that you don't believe to be true?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
The Wikileaks of Podesta's emails are a giant nothing burger having nothing to do with the topic at hand. The FBI isn't investigating those emails.

You knew that, right? But the need to divert apparently overcame you as it often does.
Wrong, podesta's emails are like breadcrumbs in the forest pointing them along the correct path. More importantly they shown the spotlight on collusion between gov agencies/bought-out media and hillarys campaign.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Wrong, podesta's emails are like breadcrumbs in the forest pointing them along the correct path. More importantly they shown the spotlight on collusion between gov agencies/bought-out media and hillarys campaign.

I assume the correct path would be off a cliff as that's where you and your cult of stupid belong.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Benghazi !!!

Elganja

Platinum Member
May 21, 2007
i find it hilarious that people in the camp are complaining about classified info being leaked by Clinton ... however all these "sources" for the FBI are leaking classified information when it comes to the investigation at hand

but i'm sure this camp, is okay with those leaks... and the wiki leaks that is leaking classified info

so my question is, do you actually care about classified info is being leaked? or just whom is leaking it? the former is the issue and that is what needs to be fixed

but carry on, press whatever your political agenda is... just take note how hypocritical you are being

Reactions: lopri

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Lynch didn't recuse herself. She ultimately signed off on Comey's recommendations. It was always understood that it was his show.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Clearly if bill knew what he was doing he wouldn't have put a supposed Clinton stooge in a position requiring herself to be recused. Or are you of the opinion that what bill did was on purpose so that any decision to go after Clinton was done by the same guy who has investigated the Clinton's twice before, including overseeing the prosecution of Marc rich? The same guy whose FBI just released the marc rich files a week before the election because their twitter account is working again?

Is their any conspiracy that you don't believe to be true?
You misunderstand. There is conspiracy, and then there is an error in judgment that gives the apprearance of conspiracy. I would classify what President Clinton as the latter.

Again I ask the question, why did Lynch recuse herself, and only after it hit the media, if their meeting was innocent? Surely there was no need for such a drastic measure if there was nothing wrong with their meeting, perceived or otherwise.

Although to your point, a house divided cannot stand. Bill Clinton is a master strategist and I wouldn't put it past him to pitch the DOJ against the FBI as a triangulation flanking maneuver.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Lynch didn't recuse herself. She ultimately signed off on Comey's recommendations. It was always understood that it was his show.

http://nyti.ms/29kP2Ra

Cause and effect:

"WASHINGTON — Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch, conceding that her airport meeting with former President Bill Clinton this week had cast a shadow over the federal investigation of Hillary Clinton’s personal email account, said Friday that she would accept whatever recommendations career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director made about whether to bring charges in the case."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You misunderstand. There is conspiracy, and then there is an error in judgment that gives the apprearance of conspiracy. I would classify what President Clinton as the latter.

Again I ask the question, why did Lynch recuse herself, and only after it hit the media, if their meeting was innocent? Surely there was no need for such a drastic measure if there was nothing wrong with their meeting, perceived or otherwise.

Although to your point, a house divided cannot stand. Bill Clinton is a master strategist and I wouldn't put it past him to pitch the DOJ against the FBI as a triangulation flanking maneuver.

And there it is, when one conspiracy doesn't pan out simply broaden the conspiracy even more!

Bill Clinton is now trying to pit the FBI against the DOJ folks! You heard it here first by the great retarded p&n poster Starbuck1975!

Why would lynch recuse herself? Because to her, even the appearance of impropriety is a mark on an institution that has to be neutral and be seen as neutral. Its what people with a good conscious do.