Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Indictment Likely

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
There's no way an obummer or illary led DOJ is going to allow the FBI or anyone else to seek an indictment against the queen. Not happening, no matter what she's done. She's above the law.

Reactions: rpsgc and x26

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As I said, ain't gonna happen, not with Lynch and the DOJ running interference for the queen.

I like how at no point does it enter your mind that she wouldn't be indicted because there's nothing to indict her for. The only question to you is how far the conspiracy goes.

Like with so many other things, this is a perfect epistemological bubble you've constructed.

Reactions: pauldun170

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I like how at no point does it enter your mind that she wouldn't be indicted because there's nothing to indict her for.

Of course that is possible, just not likely, given all the shady stuff we've seen and all the emails have shown us about how she and her cronies operate.

The only question to you is how far the conspiracy goes.

Well, seeing how the head of the FBI had to battle the DOJ (Lynch) to do his job without their obstruction, it's not at all some far-fetched conspiracy theory to think Lynch and her ilk are running interference. There have been plenty of reports of FBI people saying the DOJ pushed them to "stand down" on their investigation of the clinton foundation.

I wonder if she can pardon herself after she assumes her rightful throne ;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Of course that is possible, just not likely, given all the shady stuff we've seen and all the emails have shown us about how she and her cronies operate.

Considering she is one of the most thoroughly investigated people in all of history without a single thing to show for it it actually seems EXTREMELY likely. I have no idea what emails you are referring to but my guess is that it's some email taken out of context that was breathlessly reported on by conservative media only to be debunked shortly thereafter.

Well, seeing how the head of the FBI had to battle the DOJ (Lynch) to do his job without their obstruction, it's not at all some far-fetched conspiracy theory to think Lynch and her ilk are running interference. There have been plenty of reports of FBI people saying the DOJ pushed them to "stand down" on their investigation of the clinton foundation.

And by 'do his job without their obstruction' you mean 'violate longstanding department policy'? Yes, it's amazing that the Attorney General would pressure the people she supervises to conform with DOJ policy.

wut.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
There's no way an obummer or illary led DOJ is going to allow the FBI or anyone else to seek an indictment against the queen. Not happening, no matter what she's done. She's above the law.
Unless it would protect Obama.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I like how at no point does it enter your mind that she wouldn't be indicted because there's nothing to indict her for. The only question to you is how far the conspiracy goes.

Like with so many other things, this is a perfect epistemological bubble you've constructed.

Do you think there is anything of substance whatsoever to the email scandal?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Do you think there is anything of substance whatsoever to the email scandal?

Yes, I've said so several times. There were significant transparency and security issues present.

What there wasn't was literally any evidence of criminal activity whatsoever. It's frankly disturbing to me how little connection with reality most conservatives have when it comes to this issue. I mean just look at Pokerguy and boomerang here and in other threads. Even though they have virtually no knowledge of the actual evidence put together by the FBI, no knowledge of the law, and no knowledge of government regulations they are absolutely certain that Clinton has committed several crimes that should land her in jail. When independent agencies tell them they are wrong they don't reconsider their position, they just treat that as evidence those agencies are corrupt.

I mean you're generally a pretty level headed guy, don't you think they are acting just a little crazy?

Reactions: Sonikku

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Yes, I've said so several times. There were significant transparency and security issues present.

What there wasn't was literally any evidence of criminal activity whatsoever. It's frankly disturbing to me how little connection with reality most conservatives have when it comes to this issue. I mean just look at Pokerguy and boomerang here and in other threads. Even though they have virtually no knowledge of the actual evidence put together by the FBI, no knowledge of the law, and no knowledge of government regulations they are absolutely certain that Clinton has committed several crimes that should land her in jail. When independent agencies tell them they are wrong they don't reconsider their position, they just treat that as evidence those agencies are corrupt.

I mean you're generally a pretty level headed guy, don't you think they are acting just a little crazy?
Ladies and Gentleman, this is what's wrong with the country. Someone willingly and as SECRETARY OF THE UNITED STATES setting up a private server, knowing that security measures will be bypassed is NOT a crime to these people. This here is the thought behind the left.

Reactions: Phynaz and OutHouse

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The same FBI sources who have been interfering in the US election on behalf of Trump?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Ladies and Gentleman, this is what's wrong with the country. Someone willingly and as SECRETARY OF THE UNITED STATES setting up a private server, knowing that security measures will be bypassed is NOT a crime to these people. This here is the thought behind the left.
And sexually assaulting women is not a crime but locker room talk to the right.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Can you tell me what criminal statues you believe were violated? You should also CC the FBI because they apparently don't have your depth of knowledge.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Can you tell me what criminal statues you believe were violated? You should also CC the FBI because they apparently don't have your depth of knowledge.

The FBI isn't full of "right" thinking patriots like zstream, they are part of the conspiracy.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

At least you are honest enough to admit there were transparency and security issues. While those issues in and of themselves are not criminal, the intent behind them as well as the actions during the investigation of them could very well be.

Intent however is incredibly difficult to prove. Some see this as a yet another witch hunt. Others see this as the system locking arms to protect one of its own. No matter how this plays out, those perceptions will linger, because there is some truth to both.

Reactions: skull

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Things are starting to leak relative to the FBI where this may be a jurisdiction pissing match between NY office based field agents who are reputably aggressive in their techniques vs HQ taking over the investigation under the watchful eye of the DOJ, with Comey caught in the crossfire. This seems plausible.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At least you are honest enough to admit there were transparency and security issues. While those issues in and of themselves are not criminal, the intent behind them as well as the actions during the investigation of them could very well be.

There is no evidence that any actions during the investigation were criminal either. This is what I'm talking about.

Intent however is incredibly difficult to prove. Some see this as a yet another witch hunt. Others see this as the system locking arms to protect one of its own. No matter how this plays out, those perceptions will linger, because there is some truth to both.

Considering the actions taken so far by the DOJ are in accordance with longstanding precedent that predates both Clintons it's hard to see how that's the case.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Highly credible fox news report. they really are the gold standard for news reporting these days. No ethical concerns at all regarding these reports from unnamed but definitely existent and unbiased sources. If only every other news organization could follow in their foot steps.

I hope next fox news will go back to talking about 911 being a hoax, bigfoot's existence (he's currently in hiding within the halls of the pentagon), and how big pharma is putting dangerous mind controlling drugs in our water. They are the only news organization willing to speak the truth on these matters and I'm tired of these stories being suppressed by the liberal media.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
fox-autostraddle-3.png

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Things are starting to leak relative to the FBI where this may be a jurisdiction pissing match between NY office based field agents who are reputably aggressive in their techniques vs HQ taking over the investigation under the watchful eye of the DOJ, with Comey caught in the crossfire. This seems plausible.

In this case, "under the watchful eye of the doj" really translates to "the doj under Lynch making sure nobody can touch the queen", making sure the FBI can't go after her.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
There is no evidence that any actions during the investigation were criminal either. This is what I'm talking about.

Considering the actions taken so far by the DOJ are in accordance with longstanding precedent that predates both Clintons it's hard to see how that's the case.
Long standing precedence like former Presidents stepping on planes to taint active investigations? Precedence like members of the DOJ with strong ties to the campaign staff of a candidate under active investigation? Collusion to minimize the political damage of something that should be open and transparent?

There is nothing precedented about any of this.