Borderlands 2 release date and preorder

Page 65 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
I lost something like $3,500,000 on the first night I tried fighting Hyperious over and over again. Now I'm better equipped and can beat him pretty reliably with a good group.

Beating him solo... wow!

I can beat Terra & Warrior solo all day long but I never even tried doing it with Hyperious. That is just crazy.

It actually wasn't that bad, but I used a rather large loophole to do it.

Since the bee nerf, there are not many ways to solo him that I am aware of. But one thing they haven't done is taken care of the rocket launcher glitch with the gunzerker.

The way it works is, while gunzerking you put any high damage item in the right hand, and an explosive in the left. The explosive damage from the left hand item will pick up the base damage of the right handed weapon. So I used a 12 pounder RL in the right with 430k damage, and a purple torgue shotty with x16 pellets (and god awful accuracy) in the left. Combined with an explosive relic I was doing about 7 million a shot with that shotgun. But that was on Marcus's target dummy. Hyperious was taking somewhat less, but still probably around 4-5 million each time. Also don't need the bee sheild, just used a blue adaptive for some more health. Skill set up is whatever you want, but I found it works best to focus on the rampage tree so you can gunzerker as quickly as possible.

Tried other set ups but this works the best. Somewhat above just hitting him with babymakers, but not much. You still have to work on the adds, since when he is sheilded it won't hurt him. I don't mind using it, b/c I think the way they have him set up is bs, but that's my opinion. Still somewhat of a risky fight, and it takes 5-10 minutes once you get the hang of it.

Also the items are not terribly hard to find so anyone with a zerker could do it which is a big plus. Only warning is that using this makes the rest of the game a total cake walk (basically one-shotting every single other enemy in the game), so I would recommend only using it for boss encounters to speed the process.

Off to try out this new DLC.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Speaking of the Gunzerker, is it common for your weapons to not reload while Gunzerking? It's happened to me a few times, and it means that I have to reload manually.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I think that comes from having 2 different magazine sizes -- you can keep firing one gun so they don't force a reload until both are empty.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I think that comes from having 2 different magazine sizes -- you can keep firing one gun so they don't force a reload until both are empty.

I don't think that's the case, because Salvador can reload guns independently while gunzerking. He must be rather dextrous to reload with one hand like that, but you definitely see one weapon disappear while the other continues firing. :p I think every time it happened was when I was using two weapons of the same type, but that might just be circumstantial as I almost always use two weapons of the same type.

Oh, and I normally never like the E-Tech weapon that you get from killing Doc Mercy, but this time I got a Vladof (i.e. fast fire rate) homing style pistol with an incendiary element. Man, that thing gobbles ammo! :p

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
How do I solo Terramorphous? I have tried the spot on the western edge where you supposedly can't be hit. Eventually I get knocked off backwards even while crouching.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
How do I solo Terramorphous? I have tried the spot on the western edge where you supposedly can't be hit. Eventually I get knocked off backwards even while crouching.

I had to do it with other people. Had the same problem you have.

Maybe you and me could take Terramorphous? I need the Terra mod for my Commando. Maybe we could split the loot from Terra?

pm me if you are interested, so I can add you to Steam

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
Terramorphous is much, much tougher after the last patch.

I could solo him pretty easy before but now, even in a group of 4, I usually get downed at least once.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Terramorphous is much, much tougher after the last patch.

I could solo him pretty easy before but now, even in a group of 4, I usually get downed at least once.

I'm glad they, for the most part, require a group. Great idea for a game that is marketed as single player or co-op.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So, I've been playing the Gunzerker lately, and I think I understand everyone's pain with that class. It seems that the Gunzerker is simply too pigeonholed into playing the "survival tree" (the right-most one) as none of the other trees contain talents that help you survive in a multi-mob encounter. The basic talents that I've always considered essential for this are talents that restore health or shields upon kill. Most characters have access to a talent like this by tier 2 or 3 in their tree, and some have more than one (e.g. Mechromancer has a shield restore over time in the Best Friends Forever tree and the % instantly in the Anarchy tree). I looked at the talents yesterday, and I believe the only one that the Gunzerker has for this is Sexual Tyrannosaurus, which is the second to last tier. Bummer.

When I play, I typically just let enemies "kill" me to put me into Fight for Your Life as killing an enemy will bring me back to 25% health and 100% shields with no penalty. It's sad but I have no other way of restoring my shields quickly.

Oh, and here's a golden key. It was posted earlier today:

KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Alright I have to admit that I caved and bought it and love it, just like I loved the first one. My wife and I have logged countless hours into both editions and already bought season passes et al.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
So, I've been playing the Gunzerker lately, and I think I understand everyone's pain with that class. It seems that the Gunzerker is simply too pigeonholed into playing the "survival tree" (the right-most one) as none of the other trees contain talents that help you survive in a multi-mob encounter. The basic talents that I've always considered essential for this are talents that restore health or shields upon kill. Most characters have access to a talent like this by tier 2 or 3 in their tree, and some have more than one (e.g. Mechromancer has a shield restore over time in the Best Friends Forever tree and the % instantly in the Anarchy tree). I looked at the talents yesterday, and I believe the only one that the Gunzerker has for this is Sexual Tyrannosaurus, which is the second to last tier. Bummer.

When I play, I typically just let enemies "kill" me to put me into Fight for Your Life as killing an enemy will bring me back to 25% health and 100% shields with no penalty. It's sad but I have no other way of restoring my shields quickly.

Oh, and here's a golden key. It was posted earlier today:

KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX

That sucks, I hate playing that way. If your going into ffyl alot, I'd put points into the left most tree, then one that lets you stay gunzerking when you go into ffyl. (I think you may also be able to start gunzerking once you go into ffyl with that skill also but not totally sure).

For the brawn tree, only ones that are useful are hard to kill, and incite. Especially incite. Anything left over I would points into skill that help with gunzerking. But thats just me.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Code!

KJKB3-RRBCK-CXJ3J-TJBBJ-JK6R9

That sucks, I hate playing that way. If your going into ffyl alot, I'd put points into the left most tree, then one that lets you stay gunzerking when you go into ffyl. (I think you may also be able to start gunzerking once you go into ffyl with that skill also but not totally sure).

Well, I don't fall into Fight for Your Life a lot, but I will almost always fall into it if I'm in a close-range fire fight. My other characters don't have this problem because they have survival talents in every tree. As I mentioned, these would be things like shield/health restore on kill. If I were to make a change, I think I would move the health restore talent from Brawn to Rampage on maybe the second or third tier.

For the brawn tree, only ones that are useful are hard to kill, and incite. Especially incite. Anything left over I would points into skill that help with gunzerking. But thats just me.

I don't have the tree in front of me to look, but I found enough useful talents to get up near the top. Although, as you're suggesting, my only worry then was how badly it would gimp my damage. I don't really use Gunzerking that much... or as much as I should be!

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Me playing the slot machines at Moxxxi's today :D

1z3cowy.jpg

71l9hz.jpg

24fchnk.jpg

hwz56t.jpg

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Code!

KJKB3-RRBCK-CXJ3J-TJBBJ-JK6R9

Well, I don't fall into Fight for Your Life a lot, but I will almost always fall into it if I'm in a close-range fire fight. My other characters don't have this problem because they have survival talents in every tree. As I mentioned, these would be things like shield/health restore on kill. If I were to make a change, I think I would move the health restore talent from Brawn to Rampage on maybe the second or third tier.

I don't have the tree in front of me to look, but I found enough useful talents to get up near the top. Although, as you're suggesting, my only worry then was how badly it would gimp my damage. I don't really use Gunzerking that much... or as much as I should be!

You should be using Gunzerking all the time. I found it best to use the Rampage tree. It has many important Gunzerking skills. Also put some points in the Brawn tree - Incite and Hard To Kill are nice to have.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
You should be using Gunzerking all the time. I found it best to use the Rampage tree. It has many important Gunzerking skills. Also put some points in the Brawn tree - Incite and Hard To Kill are nice to have.

Eh, I just never really have a reason to use it against most enemies. I'm only in playthrough 1 on him! :p

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Damn, is there a trick to getting legendary's through the slot machine or are you just hammering away at it over and over?

Yeah, there is a trick to get lengendaries every time you pull the slot machines. Just search Google.

I don't think I'm allowed to post about cheating in here.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
Yeah, there is a trick to get lengendaries every time you pull the slot machines. Just search Google.

This isn't a rule I've ever heard of! Spread the knowledge man!

edit: oh you have to install some trainer or hack. I thought it was an *exploit*

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001

No rules against cheats/hacks for games as long as it isn't multiplayer really it seems and that is just for competitive/mmo's.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
I play Borderlands 2 alot and have 1 Gunzerker at Level 50, one Commando at Level 50 and another Gunzerker at about Level 14.

So please add me to Steam if you want a mate to play with. Steam User name: turrican9

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So, I beat the game on my Siren, and instead of just jumping into playthrough 2, I decided to play the DLCs a bit. I figured that it ought to jack my level up enough that I won't get caught woefully under-leveled while skipping side-quests. I'm in the middle of scarlet at the moment, and I wish their claims of keeping Borderlands 2's DLCs up to Knoxx's caliber were more inclusive. One of the best parts of Knoxx had to be the Echo banter from Knoxx -- especially in regard to Admiral Mikey. It doesn't help that Shade is just creepy... very creepy.

It's nice to see the inclusion of fast-travel points in the DLC, but as I expected, it's going to be a mess if they keep tossing everything in a single list. Personally, I would prefer seeing them organized by tabs or something like that and it always defaults you to the tab of the content that you're in when you open the menu.

I did get a sweet quest reward though! It's a Trickster mod with +4 Kinetic Reflection and some points in the ricochet talent. The nice thing about Kinetic Reflection is that they didn't really modify the talent to avoid immunity as 10 points in the talent reduces ricocheted bullet damage by 100% and the ricochet chance is always 100% for the duration of the buff. The bullets will also deal 200% damage to the enemy that fired it as well! :awe:

Now I just need to find one with +5 Kinetic Reflection instead of just +4. :hmm: Of course, it only works on bullets, which makes it somewhat useless against beasts.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I just started this game up a couple days ago, and I must say that I am just not very good with it. I just haven't played any FPS games in a few years, and I guess I am rusty. I will say that unlike the original, I don't get nauseous playing this game since I was able to increase the FoV.

I just got to Sanctuary the last time I played. It is fun so far.

davidthemaster3

Mar 11, 2011
So, I beat the game on my Siren, and instead of just jumping into playthrough 2, I decided to play the DLCs a bit. I figured that it ought to jack my level up enough that I won't get caught woefully under-leveled while skipping side-quests. I'm in the middle of scarlet at the moment, and I wish their claims of keeping Borderlands 2's DLCs up to Knoxx's caliber were more inclusive. One of the best parts of Knoxx had to be the Echo banter from Knoxx -- especially in regard to Admiral Mikey. It doesn't help that Shade is just creepy... very creepy.

Mr. Torgue in the second campaign Echo's pretty often and is usually pretty (badass) funny :)

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
THREE (3) SHiFT codes from today for the PC working as of this post:

5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63
WTWTJ-353WW-5F3TB-BBBJT-HJSKB
53CJJ-K5TC5-KR3BB-3B33T-XSHJB

I have no idea how long they're good for nor how long they've already been active.