Borderlands 2 release date and preorder

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Texashiker, Feb 22, 2012.

1. WiseUp216

WiseUp216 Platinum Member

The closest I got to beating Hyperious was when we left 1 bot alive. That way he keeps from going crazy and jumping around.

Hit me up the next time I am playing and I'll give you a Baby Maker.

2. bguile

bguile Senior member

They way I understand it is that the 4 or 5 bots sheild him, and you have to shoot the bots to get them to remove their sheild to themselves, thereby opening up hyperious for a few brief seconds. Problem is that I can never damage all 4 bots quickly enough to open that window. By the time I manage to get the last one down, the first one is back to shielding him again. So I just end up killing all the bots, thereby unleashing him.

Most videos I have seen involve people just bum rushing from the start and throwing babymakers to kill him before the guards get summoned. Or hiding behind the pipe, which I for some reason just don't like doing.

Perhaps a group of 4 with 2 sirens could do it legit, the 2 sirens backing up the damage dealers from a distance?

I'll definitely hit you up for a babymaker though. I do have one, but its damage is like 3k something and its slagging. It didn't faze him much when I tried it out with my siren.

3. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

I found this ridiculously interesting "shotgun" on my first start in TVH mode last night. I'm pretty sure it's an E-Tech. It's weird though, because it does a flat 2300-something damage, not multishot damage. And it's more like a grenade launcher - it fires off a round that's kind of a huge electrical (it's shock elemental) blob, and after a little ways it starts falling to the ground and it seems to have a bit of a splash radius.

It's a really neat gun, but it gets me into trouble because it's one of those grenade on reload types, and the problem is when it explodes it does shock damage, so usually I'm way too close to wherever it lands and end up hitting myself with it.

But still a really (odd) cool gun.

4. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

The Tediore explode-on-reload can be kinda fun. A few times, I found myself shooting at one guy, killing him, and turning toward the next guy to throw the gun at him. I had an incendiary E-Tech shotgun that I did this with for awhile, but it eventually grew too weak. Also, the one thing to keep in mind is that elemental types have a much higher penalty against the wrong type of enemy. For example, in play through 1, a caustic weapon deals something around 80-90% of its normal damage to flesh, but I think only 40% in TVHM. There are similar penalties for using caustic or incendiary against shields. Slag and no element have no penalties.

5. vec

vec Golden Member

New PC shift code: C3CBJ-CW5HS-6J3TJ-3B33T-5RXFJ

6. vec

vec Golden Member

Other platforms:
    PS3: CBWJ3-6HRZJ-6ZJK3-9BKBT-WH3FZ
    X360: CBWJ3-6HRWR-3XRJ6-5FJBT-WH3H6

7. WiseUp216

WiseUp216 Platinum Member

Thanks, I was just about to play a little bit!

8. OCNewbie

OCNewbie Diamond Member

9. frozentundra123456

frozentundra123456 Diamond Member

The resistance thing seems to me to be really cheap in this game. During the early playthrough, nearly the only elemental weapon you could get was fire, and most ememies were resistant to it. Now I am in TVH mode, and my Siren's corrode damage is resisted by so many of the enemies.

I also have to say there are a lot of cheap ways to die in this game, such as those suicide bots and enemies that seem to suddenly spawn right on top of you. I have been playing solo, and I think the game is really focused more on co-op.

10. frozentundra123456

Yea, I just posted below about the cheap ways to die. I forgot to mention that the AI spams more grenades than 100 COD noob firefights. Not only does almost every enemy spam grenades, but they can hit you with unerring accuracy from all the way across the map. I am playing a Siren too, and finding TVH mode quite difficult solo. But I thought it was just because I suck.

11. vec

vec Golden Member

More shift codes:
    WinPC: 53WJB-R5CZ9-RJ3B3-3TTJT-HZF5K
    PS3: KT5T3-HS6HT-FHJW3-9TKT3-ZC55X
    X360: KT5T3-HS6CX-BFRT6-5XJT3-ZC5KB

12. DaveSimmons

DaveSimmons Elite Member

New shift codes, working now but issued an hour ago so hurry:

WinPC: 5JKJT-S5WZS-FB3TB-T33J3-9W33B
    PS3: WBCJB-B3HHT-RSJKJ-SJW3B-69XRJ
    X360: WBCJB-B3HCX-JRRJR-KRT3B-69XW6

13. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

Ugh, I'm in a catch 22! I went to go after BNK-3R, and I quickly realized that I was out-leveled quite a bit when a Bull Loader was one level above me. That meant that BNK-3R would probably be three levels above me, which isn't good... at all. Normally when this happens, I drop back to where I was before, and level up a bit. What's wrong with that? Well, "where I was before" is Opportunity, and my game freezes after about an hour to an hour and a half into the zone. :\ It's a real buzzkill on a Mechromancer, because you really need those stacks, and having to kill the game will remove all of your stacks.

I'll just have to put up with it or see if randomly leaving about an hour into it will help. Oh, and I have found that using my explosive rocket launcher (~50k damage) against a Super Badass Loader with 200+ stacks of Anarchy is rather amusing. It takes about a third of his health each time, and it's one of those rocket launchers that uses less ammo and has a large magazine (7).

I definitely agree that the game seems to be focused more on co-op. Some situations are much, much easier if you can use everyone's strengths to help another character's weakness. For example, any other toon could help with long-distance targets, which is where my Mechromancer fails... big time. :p

14. The_Golden_Man

The_Golden_Man Senior member

Any news on release date for the latest DLC?

15. bguile

bguile Senior member

Not that I am aware of.

16. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

Oh, and it seems that Gearbox "fixed" that Anarchy bug. I was testing some guns out in Sanctuary, and after firing some shotgun rounds off and reloading a few times, I looked down to see that I had no Anarchy stacks. I'm guessing that they did the lazy approach and simply disabled all Anarchy gains while in Sanctuary, but I haven't tested that theory to see if it's correct.

17. Harrod

Harrod Golden Member

I started a new character playing as Zero this time, I am finding that early on in the game I seem to get much better weapons than I was getting playing with my commando build.

18. Borealis7

Borealis7 Platinum Member

i'm playing the Scarlet DLC now (after beating PT1 and killing Flynt on PT2). it's nice, you can tell there was a lot of effort put into it, but the story missions are kinda stupid (go get something...oh noes! it got blown to pieces and spread to 4 corners of the map.)

anyways, after i'm done withthe DLC i'm going to take a break. i've ODed on BL2. maybe i'll play Torchlight 2.

19. frozentundra123456

I feel like I have ODed on the game too when I am playing it because I get tired of the same enemies over and over and some of the frustrating ways to die, but I am still anxious to get home and play, hoping to find that great weapon that will make me a real bad***.

Part of the problem too is that there are really no new games out right now that are interesting to me.

20. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

Gearbox released a patch for Borderlands 2 and it has a significant number of fixes in it! Unfortunately for most, it also nerfs The Bee as well as all amp shields (bonus damage is now split among projectiles)! It does fix the awful mouse wheel scrolling bug in the sell menu, which was really annoying, so I guess it's okay! I just hope they fix the Opportunity freezing bug soon!

21. PhatoseAlpha

PhatoseAlpha Platinum Member

So now, Bee+Shotgun is no longer crazy OP.....but Bee+SMG or Gatling gun gets a pass?

22. Majic 7

Majic 7 Senior member

Patch also gave me 10 Golden Keys. More money to gamble with.

23. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

Here are the notes:

EDIT:

Reformatted. I can't stand a huge wall o' text.

#1523 Aikouka, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  24. bguile

bguile Senior member

Wow, after all this time, they finally nerfed it. (Well it seemed like a long time). Some of those are pretty late in showing up, especially the confirmation when using golden key.

25. darkewaffle

darkewaffle Diamond Member

Aw, Fleshstick power level nerf :(

(I'm assuming)