Boko Haram kills more than 2000 people in terror attack

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Nigeria terror group Boko Haram kills 2,000 people in one attack, official says: report
The terror thugs attacked the town of Baga on Tuesday night and Wednesday. As many as 2,000 people died, mostly women, children and elderly, Amnesty International said.
BY David Boroff , Stephen Rex Brown

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, January 9, 2015, 9:22 AM

The bloodthirsty Nigerian terror group Boko Haram killed as many as 2,000 people in a horrific attack, Amnesty International said Friday.

Hundreds of bodies were still strewn in the bush in the town of Baga, near the border with Chad. Most victims were children, women and elderly people who could not run fast enough to escape the murderers.

The insurgents stormed the town, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles at terrified residents and torching buildings and homes, survivors said.

“I escaped with my family in the car after seeing how Boko Haram was killing people. I saw bodies in the street,” Mohamed Bukar said after fleeing to Maiduguri.

“Children and women, some were crying for help.”

Amnesty International called it the “deadliest massacre” in the history of Boko Haram, which entered infamy in 2014 when fighters kidnapped 276 schoolgirls.

“The human carnage perpetrated by Boko Haram terrorists in Baga was enormous,” said Muhammad Abba Gava, a spokesman for a group of poorly armed civilian fighters.

The defense group had given up on counting bodies.

“No one could attend to the corpses, and even the seriously injured ones who may have died by now,” Gava said.

Fighting was ongoing in the town as Nigerian ground forces attacked, backed by air strikes.

Soldiers had initially fled the area after Boko Haram militants seized a nearby key military base last week.

Another survivor, Abubakar Gulama, escaped without his family. He recalled “many dead bodies on the ground” and that “the whole town was on fire.”

The government and Red Cross were providing aid to some 2,000 people who fled the town.

The insurgency killed more than 10,000 people in 2014, according to the Council on Foreign Relations.

More than 1 million people are displaced inside Nigeria and hundreds of thousands have fled into Chad and Cameroon due to the carnage.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/boko-haram-kills-2-000-people-attack-report-article-1.2071454

This is crazy.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
more liberal news whitewashing.

Why do they leave out the fact that this group is based in Islam? Afraid of being bombed maybe.

Heres a better story about this:
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Afri...acre-Why-Nigeria-struggles-to-stop-Boko-Haram

Maybe Obama can send out his wife with a sign again, that will show them...

MichelleObamaBringBackOurGirls.jpg

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
More retarded ranting

Typical michal1980 post. Poor kid flunked out of community college and is still living with mom.

And fuck Boko Haram. However Michal1980 just wants to whine about it. If Obama took active action he would whine about that.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Maybe the Nigerian government could get off its ass and do something like, oh, I don't know, maybe kill the bastards?

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
more liberal news whitewashing.

Why do they leave out the fact that this group is based in Islam? Afraid of being bombed maybe.

Heres a better story about this:
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Afri...acre-Why-Nigeria-struggles-to-stop-Boko-Haram

Maybe Obama can send out his wife with a sign again, that will show them...

MichelleObamaBringBackOurGirls.jpg

What does Obama or his wife have to do with this horrific slaughter by Boko Haram? Oh that's right, nothing.

If you're unimpressed with the article in the OP or by Michelle's attempt to get a conversation started then perhaps you should go to Nigeria and fight Boko Haram; unless of course you're unwilling to do so.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
What does Obama or his wife have to do with this horrific slaughter by Boko Haram? Oh that's right, nothing.

If you're unimpressed with the article in the OP or by Michelle's attempt to get a conversation started then perhaps you should go to Nigeria and fight Boko Haram; unless of course you're unwilling to do so.
Get a conversation started? LMAO Yep, that's certainly how the most powerful nation in the world addresses the world's most horrific terrorism since World War II - with a frowny face tweet to "get a conversation started". Because clearly the problem here is the lack of a conversation addressing it.

I don't necessarily think Obama needs to do anything about Boco Haram yet - although I'll support him if he decides it's necessary for America's interests. But please, let's not pretend that Michelle's frowny face tweet is anything but pumping up Michelle's image.

And smart people can probably find some middle ground between pretending not to notice that Boco Haram (officially called Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad or "People Committed to the Prophet's Teachings for Propagation and Jihad") is an Islamic terrorist group and actually travelling to Nigeria to fight them.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

Oh my aren't you stupid.

Lets see the wife of the most powerful man in the world holds up a sign and you see that as a major accomplishment.

Yet you want me, an average Joe to go and fight?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Typical michal1980 post. Poor kid flunked out of community college and is still living with mom.

And fuck Boko Haram. However Michal1980 just wants to whine about it. If Obama took active action he would whine about that.

Guys, please stop quoting this loser, just put him on ignore where he belongs. These idiots dry up and blow away eventually.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Nigeria needs to get serious and drop the hammer! These barbarians should have been turned into fertilizer a year ago, but I get the impression they're not going anywhere now.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Get a conversation started? LMAO Yep, that's certainly how the most powerful nation in the world addresses the world's most horrific terrorism since World War II - with a frowny face tweet to "get a conversation started". Because clearly the problem here is the lack of a conversation addressing it.

I don't necessarily think Obama needs to do anything about Boco Haram yet - although I'll support him if he decides it's necessary for America's interests. But please, let's not pretend that Michelle's frowny face tweet is anything but pumping up Michelle's image.

And smart people can probably find some middle ground between pretending not to notice that Boco Haram (officially called Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad or "People Committed to the Prophet's Teachings for Propagation and Jihad") is an Islamic terrorist group and actually travelling to Nigeria to fight them.

hdfmTYN.jpg

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Nigeria needs to get serious and drop the hammer! These barbarians should have been turned into fertilizer a year ago, but I get the impression they're not going anywhere now.
A lot of Nigeria's government agrees with them, and a lot of the remainder are too corrupt to be trusted. When the Nigerian army meets Boco Haram, like as not it's been the army running away. When Nigeria tries to mount a response strong enough to take them down, Boco Haram knows about it far enough in advance to melt away.

Cameroon has smoked a bunch of them though.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Oh my aren't you stupid.

Lets see the wife of the most powerful man in the world holds up a sign and you see that as a major accomplishment.

Yet you want me, an average Joe to go and fight?

Oh my, I've been insulted by a extremely partisan anonymous internet poster. Horrors!!!

I never claimed it was a major accomplishment, those were your words.

You alleged the president sent his wife out with a sign. Have any proof or is that more of your well known partisan buffoonery?

You claim liberal white-washing by the media and a fear of reprisal when all you really needed to do was post the CS Monitor link. Anything in addition to the link itself is more partisan drivel.

You claim the only thing the president has done is send out Michelle with a sign; I doubt seriously that you and you alone are privy to any possible actions proposed or in progress re Boko Haram. If you are though and find them inadequate then move to Nigeria and do something about BH.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Starting a conversation, via Twitter or otherwise, is a good way to get more people talking and learning about the situation. More people with information is generally thought of as a good thing.

You see it as pumping up Michelle's image; that puts you in the same partisan drivel camp as michael1980.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Starting a conversation, via Twitter or otherwise, is a good way to get more people talking and learning about the situation. More people with information is generally thought of as a good thing.

You see it as pumping up Michelle's image; that puts you in the same partisan drivel camp as michael1980.
And how many people do you figure totally missed this internationally reported story until Michelle's frowny face tweet? More importantly, what do you imagine these little Rosebuds did once the First Lady so graciously got them started having "a conversation"?

Perhaps most importantly, in what world do you imagine that feeling Michelle's tweet represents some sort of action or accomplishment is anything other than partisan?

Honestly, can anyone imagine Eleanor Roosevelt after Nanking with a moue and a little sign reading "bring back our girls"? If you can't do something useful - and clearly America cannot solve every crisis in the world - at least don't be a dick and pretend you're doing something.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

1) she posted only after the faux twitter campaign started
2) she in her position of power chose to post a twitter pic to show support for kidnapped girls. WOW. Talk about trying to change something. One of the most powerful persons in the world, using a twitter pic to change the world.

2a) her picture seems to have changed nothing, because since then thosands more have been murdered.

2b)9 months after the twitter pic, the girls are still missing. That picture sure was powerful.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
You see it as pumping up Michelle's image
My question is and I have no idea what its answer is: What else did she do for this cause? If all she did was write on a piece of paper and have a pic taken I am not impressed at all.

I am extremely cynical of a lot of people's motivations, though. The ice water bucket challenge was more or less a way for celebrities to get free publicity about doing something charitable.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
My question is and I have no idea what its answer is: What else did she do for this cause? If all she did was write on a piece of paper and have a pic taken I am not impressed at all.

I am extremely cynical of a lot of people's motivations, though. The ice water bucket challenge was more or less a way for celebrities to get free publicity about doing something charitable.

Are you kidding? The Ice Bucket Challenge was monumentally meaningful.
It was an excuse for girls to get in bikini's/provactative videos and make pour water on themselves and then proceed to post it to whatever social media medium they use.

It was quite great.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Are you kidding? The Ice Bucket Challenge was monumentally meaningful.
It was an excuse for girls to get in bikini's/provactative videos and make pour water on themselves and then proceed to post it to whatever social media medium they use.

It was quite great.

People prefer cynicism to altruism and benevolence.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

I don't know whether she had anything to do with the decision, but Obama did send some servicemen, an Air Force SigInt/Recce/Surveillance company and one or more SpecOp B-teams to train Nigerian armed force instructors on counter-insurgency.