Black Ops 2. Did anyone cave?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

szvwxcszxc

Nov 29, 2012
No, I didn't buy it, but I downloaded it a few months ago. But still didn't play it yet. No time to play games. Will have time soon though! :)

However I will be buying AC3 and BF3 for myself for Christmas this year!! To play online, I heard they are awesome online!!

Last edited:

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Jesus f'ing christ...

Apparently the key I bought wasn't a TRUE english version (or some such BS) and Treyarch decided in the last patch to force the game into Polish and remove the English side. Now the menus are in gibberish I can't understand. I didn't know I wasn't buying the full version. It was damn near full price and said "English". What else was I supposed to think?

Screw these assholes.

I laughed. Sorry but that is funny and cruel.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I laughed. Sorry but that is funny and cruel.

I kind of understand their reasoning for it, as I guess it was a version meant specifically for the Polish market and it was assumed to be purchased w/ Polish currency. But since this is the era of world wide digital connection, those keys were being sold to anybody through some e-shops. I thought I was just getting in on a random deal some sites had (it was only ~$10 off of retail) but in reality I was just paying USD for the normal Polish price. They (Treyarch/Activision) weren't a big fan of losing those potential US sales at full US price so they patched out the English part.

That said, I was able to get the menus back to english by swapping a few files of a backup I had. Every patch will probably overwrite them but at least I know I can fix it. Not sure if the campaign audio is forever in polish but I'll probably never touch it to know.

szvwxcszxc

Nov 29, 2012
I kind of understand their reasoning for it, as I guess it was a version meant specifically for the Polish market and it was assumed to be purchased w/ Polish currency. But since this is the era of world wide digital connection, those keys were being sold to anybody through some e-shops. I thought I was just getting in on a random deal some sites had (it was only ~$10 off of retail) but in reality I was just paying USD for the normal Polish price. They (Treyarch/Activision) weren't a big fan of losing those potential US sales at full US price so they patched out the English part.

That said, I was able to get the menus back to english by swapping a few files of a backup I had. Every patch will probably overwrite them but at least I know I can fix it. Not sure if the campaign audio is forever in polish but I'll probably never touch it to know.

You could always just learn Polish ;)

Last edited:

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Whoever decided to stick the RTS type of gameplay in some of the BO2 single player missions should be drug out and slapped silly, that crap has no business in a cod game EVER!!!

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Last week I bought a physical copy of this game for (relatively) cheap off Amazon. I was lucky enough to get an early disc that came with the Nuketown 2025 bonus.

I am pleasantly surprised with Blops II. As soon as I installed the game and joined my very first match, I could instantly see that this is much higher-quality than MW3. Everything about it; the graphics, the presentation, the sound effects, the map design... everything. I can even increase my FOV to 90, which is where all FPS games should be by default anyway. But that's just one of many things.

I did enjoy MW3 a little bit, but I got sick of it quickly. It was a generic, ugly game. Treyarch isn't a master innovator here either; but their games are much more colorful, varied, and just plain polished. I might actually consider getting the DLC season pass (gasp), unlike MW3.

I'm impressed with zombies too. The "Tranzit" thing is actually kinda neat.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I tired of the multi player and zombies long ago, but agree its way better than MW3.

My internet connection has been acting up so Ive been catching up on the campaign modes of MOH Warfighter and BO2. MOH's single player is much better IMO.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I bought a new DVD copy off of eBay a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably play through it next year.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
The hit detection and lag compensation/penalties are getting pretty adsorbed. You fire at some one running around the corner, and by the time they're on the other side of that corner you're still getting hit markers on them. The extreme opposite is getting no hit markers at all hitting them straight on. And this is in final kill cams, even, for everyone to see. This ruins the game for me and aggravates me to hell. And for the love of god, why is there forced mouse acceleration? Feels like I am turning the gun under water.