Black Friday Ads

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

integra2316

Jul 15, 2004
Well I just bought the 19 inch samsung widescreen LCD on bestbuy.com for the blackfriday price of 129.99. The 22' westinghouse was sold out already.

Pshawn5

Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: integra2316
Well I just bought the 19 inch samsung widescreen LCD on bestbuy.com for the blackfriday price of 129.99. The 22' westinghouse was sold out already.

thanks, i was able to pick up some of the dvds i wanted. yay now one less store i have to worry about it dealing with the crazy crowds.

rmrfhomeoops

Jul 5, 2001

How so? I went to my local bestbuy and the price for westinghouse 22" is still @ 499. I would be piss & angry if I was first 10 on BF and there is none in stock. Do you ask the clerk if they have any stock?

Please let us know - thanks.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Originally posted by: rmrfhomeoops

How so? I went to my local bestbuy and the price for westinghouse 22" is still @ 499. I would be piss & angry if I was first 10 on BF and there is none in stock. Do you ask the clerk if they have any stock?

That was online price matching local store price: after you click for store add for your ZIP code - SOLD OUT.

This yr you could buy all these stuff online if you were fast.

rmrfhomeoops

Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: postmortemIA
Originally posted by: rmrfhomeoops

That was online price matching local store price: after you click for store add for your ZIP code - SOLD OUT.

This yr you could buy all these stuff online if you were fast.

I miss the bestbuy.com part. Thanks for clarifying. That's fast indeed if it sells out within first five minutes after midnight. So is it true that they'll have the "minimum" in-stock @ BM for the early bird items?

integra2316

Jul 15, 2004
Yup, I happend to go to bestbuy.com just because I was bored and I saw the special sale thing. So I clicked on the computer stuff and saw the samsung for 129.99 so I bought it online. It appers they are all sold out now. It took 2.5 hours lol.

Dec 27, 2001
Wow! I just kept checking and sure enough everything came back in stock. Got the notebook and camcorder I didn't want to camp out all night for. :) :) :)

MightyJD

Golden Member
May 30, 2000
What Notebook did you get? And how are you guys buying these online??? When I go to the bestbuy.com website, for those items it only says "in store only" and will not allow you to add to the shopping cart!

Please help a fellow gadget nerd out!

Dec 27, 2001
I got the Sony Vaio N Series.

You're clicking too early. Wait for the big banner in the middle to change and it will have a little note on it saying "today only".

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: browsing
I'm confused, what Best Buy deals are you talking about that are available online... could you link to the specific items?

These arte some that are available:
Motorola Wireless Headset for Bluetooth-Enabled Cell Phones
Norelco Rechargeable Cordless Men's Razor - Black/Gray
Western Digital Passport 60GB External USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive
Canon PIXMA All-In-One Photo Printer/ Copier/ Scanner $19.99

krazydimund

May 6, 2004
Originally posted by: whitelight
YMMV. I just got the 22" westinghouse from best buy for $199. I went about 30 mins before the store closed, and they changed their prices early. :)

I am going to cry.
Well, I'll be up at 3 tomorrow morning, hopefully I can get that and the 32 inch westinghouse lcd tv. No pricematching either, so I'll be taking what I bought yesterday at bb back this weekend.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I'm sitting here wondering if it is going to be worth sitting in the cold rain for $30 off an E6600, and then have to buy a new mobo to go with it because I have a PCI-E video card already. :(

Mark

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
i plan on buying the wd mybook 400gb external at staples tomorrow for $100 morning(its an early bird special). does anyone know if staples is the kind of store where people are waiting outside for stuff likr best buy?

imported_MaxFSB

Oct 27, 2006
Any chance the $250 Toshiba or $380 HP notebooks will be available online during the 7 hr. sale? Didnt BB have a doorbuster laptop avail online last year during the BF sale until it was Sold Out online (in like about 15 minutes)?

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
some ppl are posting that some stores won't do returns on BF stuff? Does that mean if I go to a store and buy something on sale and its defective I might not get a refund?

Tom33

Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Any torque wrenches for sale on BF? Couldn't find any at Sears or Home Depot.

My Sears ad (S.F. Bay Area) has a 3/8" Craftsman Microtork.
Regular $75 -- Sale $37.49 # 44593 Friday & Saturday.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Mark
i plan on buying the wd mybook 400gb external at staples tomorrow for $100 morning(its an early bird special). does anyone know if staples is the kind of store where people are waiting outside for stuff likr best buy?

visited three stores looking for that hard drive and none of them carried it even on their shelves. that's not a good sign for BF.

Computergasm

Dec 13, 2002
You know, there's hardly ANY FAR's this year. There used to be TONS. Such as telephones, computer toolkits, memory, etc. :|