Black America's Real Problem is Black People

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Wow...

Our gene pool is so fucking small that black people come in different shades of brown and yellow. We also have different hair types and eye colors.

But, wait...I forgot that lighter skinned black women get threads in OT about whether or not they are "really black" or "considered" to be black white the mostly white posters on this forum. Other posters have also made comments about how they think black people are more attractive when they are mixed on this forum.

Man, I was so sure that whites raping their way into the African blood line in America would have made us at least a tad smarter....but alas, we're all still dumb criminals who aren't as "individualistic" and intelligent as everyone else.

Hell, I still remember cybersage talking about how both Barrack and Michelle only went to good schools during their youth and adulthood due to affirmative action.

This thread has devolved into posters making generalizations about blacks and getting away with it. Pisabird stated it was perfectly okay to profile blacks in the very first pages of the thread....now, it has devolved into a circlejerk about how much better whites are than blacks.

Like Rob said...all you folks are doing is venting (some of you) your thinly veiled racism and complaining about blacks...yet, none of you have really given any ideas for solutions....oh except the one asshole that suggested that white people just adopt black babies.

How can some of you complain about (some) blacks not being receptive to whites when you sit in your armchairs talking about how inferior we are? Wow.

I see why people don't like P&N.

Yeah, and maybe the thread should be closed because the premise and OP was biased from the jump.

Like I was saying yesterday, some of the racist attitudes have rang clear in this thread, and that honestly, there is a deep superiority complex throughout the white community.

Certainly, many, many white Americans I've come to know and respect personally don't see color at all, so we've made some headway.

But stupid threads like this keeps stereotypes alive. Some whites simply aren't ready to change their minds, and many are sniping from a distance (meaning, they've yet to set foot and talk to a black "thug" face-to-face) and have all sorts of generalizations.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Sure I do.

I was just waiting on somebody to stop being dishonest and admit that TM's race had something to do with why he was followed. It wasn't just what he was wearing or that he was cutting between houses.

1. Black
2. Nighttime
3. Cutting between houses

What this tells me is that you'd better be privy to whats going on in the neigbhorhood you're walking through or else. People have already said in this thread that they just don't trust certain blacks because they don't know which one is "the one". So, to that I say...if you're a black male, you need to watch it.

I'd add young and meandering without direction in an area where burglaries have been committed to the list.

Regarding your last paragraph, there is no argument against that, but I would add that whites or other could be in the same boat depending on situational circumstances.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Who cares if he was profiled or not. He attacked GZ. Plain and simple...

Tired of that whole "Thug life" bull shit. Maybe this will be a lesson to them but I doubt it.
Ahhh, let me paraphrase, with a fill-in-the-blank bleep to suit the linguistic culture from where the above perspective originates:

The racists here decree:

There aren't enough good ******s to do what they are told and know their place. Lessons must be demonstrated to keep'em from getting too uppity.

Vile history continues.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Ahhh, let me paraphrase, with a fill-in-the-blank bleep to suit the linguistic culture from where the above perspective originates:

The racists here decree:

There aren't enough good ******s to do what they are told and know their place. Lessons must be demonstrated to keep'em from getting too uppity.

Vile history continues.

Yet many whites would feel the same way had TM been white and was shot while assaulting GZ. The fact of the matter is TM was shot while in the commission of aggravated assault and battery against GZ.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
1. Black
2. Nighttime
3. Cutting between houses

What this tells me is that you'd better be privy to whats going on in the neigbhorhood you're walking through or else. People have already said in this thread that they just don't trust certain blacks because they don't know which one is "the one". So, to that I say...if you're a black male, you need to watch it.
What this should tell you is don't attack somebody for following you and asking what you're doing. Martin committed felony assault upon Zimmerman, period.

If Martin was unfairly racially profiled he did NOTHING to contradict Zimmerman's unjust assessment when Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Why complain? Because many people are tired of blacks being hypocritical (like Muslims) by making a terrible fuss when a white, or non black man kills a black youth or man, but turn a blind eye to the out of control black on black violence

I don't think they're turning a blind eye -- the whole point of the outrage is we're tired of hearing about our youths dying on the street, regardless the reason, so most of this is emotional.

We have enough black on black violence, but a non-black killing a black male just fuels the emotions, which have gotten out of place, IMO. We can't let emotions get the best of us.

I don't think race is the issue here. It's mindset and beliefs. Nothing separates one person from another, more than mindset and belief

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean race is a non-issue in America, you're either blind or intentionally dishonest.

Despite the fact that you are a black American male, you have more in common with a white American like werepossum than you do with a black person from say the Sudan, who speaks a different language and has a radically different worldview than you.

Right, because we're from the same country -- werepossum and I.

Also, many morally upstanding, hard working blacks are also fed up with not only the rampant black on black violence, but the black victim mentality being perpetuated by race bait pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton..

I've lost all respect for the likes of Sharpton and Jackson, for their hypocrisy and making money off of these sort of issues. I do agree that they've seen a lot of racism in their day, in fact, Jackson was next to MLK when he was murdered -- so I can't totally rip them.

They probably have a keener eye and can recognize veiled bigotry better than I can.

So because the white system is against them, they kill each other by the score, have irresponsible sex with as many women as they can get, have no respect for law and order, think it's cool to be uneducated and unintelligent (as long as you're good at sports who cares about school?), and the list goes on and on..

Your theory makes no sense, and cannot be pinned or blamed on whites.

Did I say whites were the blame? My theory is based on the injustice that they've face in the judicial system, so ignoring this is sheer idiotic on your part.

The LAPD have a history of being one of the most, in not THE most, racist police department in the history of the US, and in Warren Michigan, the first Suburb I lived in, there were NO BLACK COPS... and I was constantly harassed by them for years.

So why trust them? It's gotten better, but still, that sort of history is hard to erase. Whites would love to act as if all is forgiven and want to wash their hands of this vile history they're responsible for.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
The only reason there are protests over the Zimmerman case is because of ignorant people who don't know the facts, do not believe in the justice system, and are either complicit in or ignorant of the obvious manipulation of this case for the manufacturing of a racial incident, resulting in absurd comparisons to landmark cases in the history of the civil rights movement.

It's shameful. But it is also symptomatic of the problem with large portions of the Black community.

Last edited:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
The LAPD have a history of being one of the most, in not THE most, racist police department in the history of the US, and in Warren Michigan, the first Suburb I lived in, there were NO BLACK COPS... and I was constantly harassed by them for years.
It isn't fair, I agree but if you could get your brothers and sisters from committing crime at a higher rate than the rest of the population this will eventually get better.
So why trust them? It's gotten better, but still, that sort of history is hard to erase. Whites would love to act as if all is forgiven and want to wash their hands of this vile history they're responsible for.
I'm not responsible for shit! What a bullshit statement.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Yet many whites would feel the same way had TM been white and was shot while assaulting GZ. The fact of the matter is TM was shot while in the commission of aggravated assault and battery against GZ.
If there was any evidence to support the Sharpton narrative I'd be right there with them. There isn't any evidence.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
<snip>
Did I say whites were the blame? My theory is based on the injustice that they've face in the judicial system, so ignoring this is sheer idiotic on your part.

<snip>

So which is which? Whites were not to blame but they are responsible for this vile history? You do know that there were/are others involved in the slave trade and other bad things in this vile history beside whites, right? Are those (others) responsible for the vile history too or only creepy ass crackas?

Last edited:

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
So which is which? Whites were not to blame but they are responsible for this vile history? You do know that there were/are others involved in the slave trade and other bad things in this vile history beside whites, right? Are those (others) responsible for the vile history too or only creepy ass crackas?

Ok - that's fair and I agree, so I should have been more clear and inclusive when it comes to the history.

However, throughout this thread, white people have been trying to wash their hands of it and place the blame solely on the black community.

While I am in full agreement that at the end of the day, we cannot blame the system at all -- I just like to remind some of you of the part you (generic you) have played, and continue to play in this.

The racism in this thread validates that, by some of you, not all, anyway.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
SVNLA,

I take your post as you not liking my generalization, so why are other non-blacks making generalizations?

I mean, calling black men "thugs" is the same as me calling whites "racists". Both are demeaning and denigrating terms that we should no longer use because of the intent behind them.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So are you saying he was profiled because of what he was wearing? The neighborhood had break-ins being committed by black males. If TM was white and wearing what he was wearing (and he was appropriately dressed, imo), do you think he would have been profiled?

I am saying it was at least as important.

Again if TM has been walking home wearing a McD's uniform would GZ have profiled him?

Who cares if he was profiled or not. He attacked GZ. Plain and simple...

Tired of that whole "Thug life" bull shit. Maybe this will be a lesson to them but I doubt it.

This cannot be stressed enough. If TM had been unfairly profiled nothing would have happened other than GZ getting wet from the rain.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Rob M.,

I just wanted to understand what you mean in your previous post. I did not complain or dislike about your so called "generalization", expressed or impled.

If you have a problem with others that said "thugs" or you think they used those words or anything in the wrong context/out of line then you need to bring it to a Mod. This is P&N afterall.

I don't care if a person called another person "racist" or <fill in the blank>"ist" IF it is true but don't pull the Race card whenever you (generic you) can not debate or debunk the other side with facts or twist other people words/put your own words into their mouth so you can paint them as racists . Again, you as in generic you and not specific you, Rob M.

Last edited:

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
I don't think they're turning a blind eye -- the whole point of the outrage is we're tired of hearing about our youths dying on the street, regardless the reason, so most of this is emotional.

If African Americans were really tired, there'd be a massive outcry similar to the Trayvon Martin incident about the 72 shootings and 12 murders that occurred in Chicago on the 4th of July weekend.

We have enough black on black violence, but a non-black killing a black male just fuels the emotions, which have gotten out of place, IMO. We can't let emotions get the best of us.

Well that's exactly what's happening. Emotions are definitely getting the better of you.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean race is a non-issue in America, you're either blind or intentionally dishonest.

Every country has racists, and every country has bigots. That's a fact of life.

My point in saying that race wasn't the issue, is that the main problems afflicting African Americans do not stem from racism.

The problems are internal, not external. The massive deterioration of the African American family, and the embracement of the thug mindset to me are the biggest reasons why African Americans comparatively do far worse than other ethnic groups in the U.S..

According to statistics, over 70% of African American children are born out of wedlock. That's STUNNING, and is a MASSIVE problem with deep and lasting consequences.

Contemporary racism is NOTHING compared to that in terms of the devastation that can be inflicted on a people.

Right, because we're from the same country -- werepossum and I.

You're from the same country, share the same language, have similar cultural affinities.

Have you ever been to Africa? If you think you'd be treated like one of them, you have another thing coming.. Many black Africans are tribal in their mindset, and so the concept of racial solidarity is alien to them.

See the genocidal slaughter of the Tutsis by the Hutus for reference..

I've lost all respect for the likes of Sharpton and Jackson, for their hypocrisy and making money off of these sort of issues. I do agree that they've seen a lot of racism in their day, in fact, Jackson was next to MLK when he was murdered -- so I can't totally rip them.

Whatever good intentions Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may have once had, it's been trampled under by their sheer hypocrisy and reverse racism agenda.

You said whites were to blame many times. I suspect that emotionally, you want to believe that. But the hardness of reality has to set in sooner or later

Yes, this nation has a long and sordid history of racism and prejudice, but it has made great leaps and bounds in an effort to correct that.

Now anyone of any color can succeed in America if they want. The proof is in the pudding. The wealthiest and most successful blacks in the World are to be found in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

That's a fact.

This has nothing to do with trust. It has to do with examining the facts and coming to a reasonable conclusion.

Your version of the historical events is basically inaccurate, if you think whites are SOLELY to blame for this; unless you wish to hold whites to a higher moral standard than blacks.

First off, slavery was nearly a universal practice among humans for thousands of years. Africans were enslaving each other centuries before any European had ever set foot on the continent, and Europeans had been enslaving each other as well.

Black Africans sold other Black Africans to European slave traders by the millions! Tribes would raid other tribes and sell or trade those they captured to both European and Arab slave traders.

So there is accountability on both sides. However, it must also be noted that the first nations to abolish slavery in History and make it illegal were European, not African. And the first nations to actively COMBAT and suppress Slavery around the World were also European.

The only thing white Americans are probably solely responsible for is Jim Crowism, which was almost as horrible as slavery.. America lost a great opportunity by implementing the Jim Crow laws, because after slavery had finally been defeated after a long and bloody war, black Americans were systematically marginalized and discriminated against in practically every meaningful manner you can conceive of.

By preventing the full integration of blacks into mainstream America, this resulted in "black potential" being squandered, and even worse, it had a severe deleterious effect on the long term prosperity of black people in America; the consequences of which are still being felt today.

So if you want to blame white Americans for something, blame them for that.

However, keep in mind that the white Americans that created the Jim Crow laws are all dead and buried, and that this issue was eventually rectified in a lawful manner.

Honestly Rob, you seem like a smart guy, but you need to be more circumspect when dealing with complicated issues like race, discrimination and slavery. These issues are not nearly as cut and dry as you believe them to be.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
But stupid threads like this keeps stereotypes alive. Some whites simply aren't ready to change their minds, and many are sniping from a distance (meaning, they've yet to set foot and talk to a black "thug" face-to-face) and have all sorts of generalizations.
Yeah, it's best just not to talk about this stuff :rolleyes:
We can't let emotions get the best of us.
Isn't that why we talk about it? Because much of the black community has gone full retard over this Trayvon issue, I mean 100% fully committed to it, and they are being emotional, and emotions don't necessarily coincide with the reality. They sure don't in this case. Nobody should get a pass regardless of their history or whatever they've been through to call a duck a frog when it's a duck.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Of course TM profiled GZ on his skin color, if we are to believe DeeDee. Her bullshit definition she said of what a cracka is exactly that, bull.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
So then you would seem to be agreeing that TM was not really profiled because of his skin color.

No, I agree that had Trayvon been dressed like he actually belonged in the neighborhood, he wouldn't have been targeted.

Do you feel threatened by a young black male wearing his work uniform? Would you make a connection between him and the people who have been breaking into houses?

"Hoodie in deep cover" is said so many damn times on this forum. When someone sees a story involving a black male and something that is believed to be worn to conceal his identity he is suspicious. If he's walking home in his McDonald's clothes, I don't think it would be the same sentiment.

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
Anyone that thinks a hoodie is not normal attire is officially old. My mom wears hoodies, sometimes with the hood up in deep cover.

Is that mid-age white lady suspicious looking?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
No, I agree that had Trayvon been dressed like he actually belonged in the neighborhood, he wouldn't have been targeted.
Possibly, and it makes sense; it is logical to treat a person based on how they willingly present themselves. Clothes serve a function, but also a form and the latter is dictated by how we want to be perceived.

All of this profile stuff completely misses the point of course. It doesn't matter why GZ identified--CORRECTLY--TM as a potential miscreant (let's not forget that he correctly identified a person with a history of violence and criminal activity). What matters is he was assaulted.

The black community is doing itself a massive disservice holding TM up on a pedestal because it tells everybody else that his behavior was normal and acceptable. When people say "I am Trayvon", they are saying "I am a delinquent with a history of criminality who was on the fast path to a life in prison". Is this the message they intend to send?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Do you feel threatened by a young black male wearing his work uniform? Would you make a connection between him and the people who have been breaking into houses?

"Hoodie in deep cover" is said so many damn times on this forum. When someone sees a story involving a black male and something that is believed to be worn to conceal his identity he is suspicious. If he's walking home in his McDonald's clothes, I don't think it would be the same sentiment.

So as I said he was profiled based off his clothes. A black teen wearing a McDs uniform would not have been profiled. Racial profiling not found.

And lets say that instead of TM in the hoodie there had been your average white kid. If GZ had went to follow him do you think that White-Trayvon would have circled back to teach that crazy-ass cracka' a lesson?

Jul 10, 2007
Yes, many whites blame all their troubles on 'the man' as well.

Isn't productive, I don't recommend it.

typically white liberals, blaming the rich white man, while ignoring the fact that the liberal politician they align with is filthy rich as well.

Jul 10, 2007
This I understand about TM the lack of guidance, but let me put this more plainly; if your wife can't cook, is reminder her how bad a cook she before and after every meal going to help her become a better cook?

except in this case, the wife doesn't know how bad a cook she is.