Billionaire conservative icon David Koch dies at 79

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Do you have a moment of silence on Stalin's or Lenin's passing day also (since you're so tolerant of other viewpoints)? If someone did lots to hurt or disadvantage the average person, you can't blame those same persons for not giving a damn and possibly even celebrating, because it means there is the possibility (even if remote) that things will be better.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
Awww, can't we all just be happy about your promotion? The lulz, I have them.

Triggered so bad you forgot what got you a vacation last time it seems. Good stuff, even if you are still unoriginal as shit.
My gawd, you're a worthless loser and a bitch. It's no wonder your old lady gets her dick elsewhere.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Remember when the Kochs were doing their full court press on education, handing out donations and doing everything they could to leverage them having a say in curriculum? You want money, let me politicize your school.

Those were the days...

These days however, just speaking your own mind about say, abortion rights, gets the University of Alabama (AL 12th lowest in per student spending) to give Hugh Culverhouse Jr his 8 digit donation back. The board does not agree with your private opinion therefore students and faculty can kiss that support goodbye. To me it smacks of a very popular double standard among republicans, this belief that only they are allowed to pipe up. You're a town clerk denying gay people marriage licenses? Oh you hero, get this woman a stage. You're a football player taking a knee during anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality? This. Motherfucker. Right here.

A curious, rather bullshit packed dichotomy really. I'm all for philanthropy, but not if it comes at the expense of integrity or the rights of others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mean MrMustard

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
My gawd, you're a worthless loser and a bitch. It's no wonder your old lady gets her dick elsewhere.

Flail away Rim Job, you need the experience. Pretty sure we'd all like to see you move on into at least high school level insults. You certainly have a fixation on my wife don't you?

So did they give you like a new hat or something? New cushion? New plaque for your booth? Tell us you at least got a raise.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
How long until we hear the Clintons had him killed?

I feel like I made a similar statement in another thread not long ago about Trump, and shortly thereafter one of you guys replied with a link of Trump going on record with exactly what I mused. Give it a day or two.

He treats his meager playbook like he treats all the other books he sees.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Koch DIED.... and he took all his money with him.
Donald Trump proclaimed an executive order allowing that.
Then, the US Supreme Court backed him up.

Saint-Trump.jpg

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I don't feel the Bern but this is funny:

Don’t think Bernie Sanders is effective? He released his climate plan yesterday and ALREADY David Koch is dead

How long until we hear the Clintons had him killed?

On the day of his death, Vince Foster time traveled to today and killed David Koch on the instructions of Bill and Hillary, then returned and was murdered by Hillary. Bill ditched the body for her. Rumor is that Vince and Obama crossed paths while time traveling (Obama was goiong back in time to plant the fake birth announcement in Hawaii), so they had dinner and a drink in 1999.

:D

Edit to toss in:

When a billionaire dies, who inherits their senators?
— Amir Talai (@AmirTalai) August 23, 2019

He probably willed them to Charles, who now owns the senators twice over.

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
And I was thinking that Hillary's email server would slip in like Maxwell's Silver Hammer.....sheesh!

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
I wonder if he figured out a way to take his billions with him? If I believed in Hell, I would hope he is there.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I don't want to die before the singularity.
sad.gif

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koch

He gave away millions to:

medical research...

Between 1998 and 2012, Koch contributed at least $395 million to medical research causes and institutions

the arts....

In July 2008, Koch pledged $100 million over 10 years to renovate the New York State Theater in the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, now named in his honor[70] and pledged $10 million to renovate fountains outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art.[71]

education....

From 1982 to 2013, Koch contributed $18.6 million to WGBH Educational Foundation, including $10 million to the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) show Nova.[76][77] Koch was a contributor to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., including a $20 million gift to the American Museum of Natural History, creating the David H. Koch Dinosaur Wing and a contribution of $15 million to the National Museum of Natural History to create the new David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins, which opened on the museum's 100th anniversary of its location on the National Mall on March 17, 2010.[78] He also served on the executive board of the Institute of Human Origins.[79] In 2012, Koch contributed $35 million to the Smithsonian to build a new dinosaur exhibition hall at the National Museum of Natural History.[80][81]

Koch also financed the construction of the $68 million Koch Center for mathematics, science and technology at the Deerfield Academy, a highly selective independent, coeducational boarding school in Deerfield, Massachusetts,[82][non-primary source needed] and was named its first and only Lifetime Trustee.[82]

...and was even commended by Bronco Bama for his efforts regarding prison reform to help prevent recidivism.

He was a great man by any measure.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Fascist politicians…

Anti-science propaganda…

Anti-American propaganda…

Moscow Mitch…

Even more to fascist politicians…

David Koch is a better man today than he ever was in life.

1) BS Just another example of a lefty labeling anyone they disagree with in the most exaggerated terms they can imagine. To evangelical leftists this is good vs. evil, and of course they are good. Anyone that stands on the opposite side of their moral view based on their leftist religion is the enemy. "Fascist politicians" really means nothing more than he donated to Republicans.

2) How dare anyone disagree with the evangelical leftists and the book of Gore from their bible.

3) Funny coming from those that are actively cheering a recession as that might lead to a better outcome for them in an election.

4) <yawn>

5) Just the same as #1 but repeated by you to try and make your weak short list somewhat less weak and short.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Fascist politicians…

Anti-science propaganda…

Anti-American propaganda…

Moscow Mitch…

Even more to fascist politicians…

David Koch is a better man today than he ever was in life.

Exactly.

Money given away to remove integrity and scientific credibility from both education and politics isn't really something to be celebrated. He was a champion for special interests and helped entrench harmful political dogma, to the detriment of democracy and the environment both. Far from a hero. One of those people like Gingrich and Ailes, people this country would have been better off without.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie