Billionaire conservative icon David Koch dies at 79

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Judging by his stances below, I honestly don't see why people are dancing on his corpse like he is some evil evil human being.

Because he was an evil person. He might have claimed he was a social liberal, but all his actions were the exact opposite. Look at what he actually did, not what he said we was for. His actions where just short of that of a mustache twirling vaudevillian villain.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Umm folks this was my thread on Mueller talking to congress not David Koch dying.

As I didn’t change the title the only thing I can say is HAX!!11!!oneone

If my account starts sounding like @SlowSpyder you know the Russians have got it! :eek:

The set you up the bomb!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Because he was an evil person. He might have claimed he was a social liberal, but all his actions were the exact opposite. Look at what he actually did, not what he said we was for. His actions where just short of that of a mustache twirling vaudevillian villain.
He honestly might have considered himself liberal relative to what he grew up with as his father was a founding member of the John Birch Society.

Nov 8, 2012
They profit from industries that are destroying the planet and spend that money to support a political party that murders people. Fuck them.

They are profiting from industries that YOU fucking use and abuse ALL DAY EVERY DAY you fucking insignificant shill.

DERRRP. That's such a stupid narrative to use. Literally... every single thing you use is driven from profits. OH NOEZ! You support profiting! How could you?!

I did read what he actually did. Apparently you didn't. He donated billions to multiple good causes of all types (medical, STEM, Education, colleges) and was for prison reform. What holier than thou shit have you done?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
The set you up the bomb!

Roses are <FF0000#>
Violets are <0000FF#>
All of my bases belong to you.
BLOW5do.png

Reactions: UNCjigga

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They are profiting from industries that YOU fucking use and abuse ALL DAY EVERY DAY you fucking insignificant shill.

DERRRP. That's such a stupid narrative to use. Literally... every single thing you use is driven from profits. OH NOEZ! You support profiting! How could you?!

I did read what he actually did. Apparently you didn't. He donated billions to multiple good causes of all types (medical, STEM, Education, colleges) and was for prison reform. What holier than thou shit have you done?

Dude, you forgot your pills again. :D

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Wonder why people here have to shit on them so much just because they don't align with your political views? This whole "If you don't agree me with me than you're an <insert nazi/hitler/evil person>" narrative is really getting out of hand.

Judging by his stances below, I honestly don't see why people are dancing on his corpse like he is some evil evil human being.

They also disliked Trump and diverted funds they would normally contribute to the republican presidency to simply sticking with only localities.

Get off your fucking pedestal and holier than thou bullshit just because they don't share your SAME EXACT political landscape.

You do realize the Koch brothers are one of the biggest reasons our mass transit system is such shit right now right?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

The energy industry has been actively fighting any efforts to reduce FF consumption and address global warming. They are far, far more responsible than any other industry for fucking the planet, and you want to act like I'm complicit because I was born into a car-based society and thus drive sometimes? Fuck right off.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Umm folks this was my thread on Mueller talking to congress not David Koch dying.

If my account starts sounding like @SlowSpyder you know the Russians have got it! :eek:
this my thread title, not sure why or who joined them, was a bit surprised to see posts on mueller when expecting my thread

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'm sure they did donate to all sorts of good causes but that doesn't change the fact that if someone claims to support LGBT rights, the right to choose, etc. etc, and then almost exclusively donates to people who oppose those things then they get zero credit for holding those views. When faced with the choice of protecting women's right to an abortion or getting tax cuts for rich people they chose tax cuts for rich people every time.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dickens already has the remembrance ready to go.

“No,” said a great fat man with a monstrous chin, “I don’t know much about it, either way. I only know he’s dead.”

“When did he die?” inquired another.

“Last night, I believe.”

“Why, what was the matter with him?” asked a third, taking a vast quantity of snuff out of a very large snuff-box. “I thought he’d never die.”

“God knows,” said the first, with a yawn.
“What has he done with his money?” asked a red-faced gentleman with a pendulous excrescence on the end of his nose, that shook like the gills of a turkey-cock.

“I haven’t heard,” said the man with the large chin, yawning again. “Left it to his company, perhaps. He hasn’t left it to me. That’s all I know.”

This pleasantry was received with a general laugh.

“It’s likely to be a very cheap funeral,” said the same speaker; “for upon my life I don’t know of anybody to go to it. Suppose we make up a party and volunteer?”

“I don’t mind going if a lunch is provided,” observed the gentleman with the excrescence on his nose. “But I must be fed, if I make one.”

Another laugh.

-----------------------------------

“Ah!” returned the woman, laughing and leaning forward on her crossed arms. “Bed-curtains!”

“You don’t mean to say you took ’em down, rings and all, with him lying there?” said Joe.

“Yes I do,” replied the woman. “Why not?”

“You were born to make your fortune,” said Joe, “and you’ll certainly do it.”

“I certainly shan’t hold my hand, when I can get anything in it by reaching it out, for the sake of such a man as He was, I promise you, Joe,” returned the woman coolly. “Don’t drop that oil upon the blankets, now.”

“His blankets?” asked Joe.

“Whose else’s do you think?” replied the woman. “He isn’t likely to take cold without ’em, I dare say.”

“I hope he didn’t die of anything catching? Eh?” said old Joe, stopping in his work, and looking up.

“Don’t you be afraid of that,” returned the woman. “I an’t so fond of his company that I’d loiter about him for such things, if he did. Ah! you may look through that shirt till your eyes ache; but you won’t find a hole in it, nor a threadbare place. It’s the best he had, and a fine one too. They’d have wasted it, if it hadn’t been for me.”

“What do you call wasting of it?” asked old Joe.

“Putting it on him to be buried in, to be sure,” replied the woman with a laugh. “Somebody was fool enough to do it, but I took it off again. If calico an’t good enough for such a purpose, it isn’t good enough for anything. It’s quite as becoming to the body. He can’t look uglier than he did in that one.”

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

So they donated some money to medical and education, compared to how much they spent to cripple other things it is a pittance. They say they are for prison reform, (actually prisoner reform, their work was mostly focused on after prison rehabilitation so called 'halfway houses') but don't really do much to actually help. Over ten years they spent something just over a million dollars on it, and most of that went to PR about how much the Koch Industries were doing to help. It was mostly about building positive press, not helping real people.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
All I know is he sure did fight like hell for the many disadvantaged and oppressed billionaires of the nation. I rank him right up there with Moscow Mitch in how both of them fought/fight long and hard against the gov't providing protections and any kind of programs that benefit the working class stiffs that are the vast majority of the nation.

Oh and if anyone here is going to piss on his grave let me know and I'll send you a 12pak of suds of your choosing so you can shoot a coup'la extra squirts on the front entrance of his mausoleum for me.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

You would have to start saying intelligent things based in reality to sound like me. ;)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The guy who astro turfed the teaparty into existence and then had it run off to be controlled by Trump and Russians is dead huh?

Yeah that's just a shame.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Never liked the man personally. Maybe one of other three brothers offed him?