Biden is the best president ever!

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
Joe is holding in the 52% range on FiveThirtyEight. He's been there since day one whereas most others have moved up or down by this point. To me, holding steady is good. If he maintains that, he'll be ranked better than most recent office holders. The two Bushes are anomalies in their falsely high rankings for some reason.

Reactions: hal2kilo

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Joe is holding in the 52% range on FiveThirtyEight. He's been there since day one whereas most others have moved up or down by this point. To me, holding steady is good. If he maintains that, he'll be ranked better than most recent office holders. The two Bushes are anomalies in their falsely high rankings for some reason.

And poor,poor Donnie ending with the lowest approval rating in history.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Our Greatest President Ever! goes after big business to help make the economy fairer for the little guy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/09/biden-executive-order-promoting-competition/
The order outlines 72 initiatives to rein in the corporate powerhouses that control markets, which the White House links to higher prices and fewer choices for consumers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/09/competition-prices-antitrust-biden-order/
President Biden on Friday signed an executive action that seeks to rein in corporate powerhouses and boost competition across a slew of major industries.
The sprawling action, which includes 72 different directives, is meant to address growing concerns from Democrats about corporate consolidation in the U.S. economy and add scrutiny to the ways airline fees, prescription drug costs and Internet service are priced.

Yet the executive order largely relies on federal agencies to enact the changes, and it could take months for any concrete actions to surface. Still, Biden’s order could mark the beginning of a set of policy shifts that redraw how the federal government focuses on corporate behavior and the impacts for consumers.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/07/09/joe-biden-order-economy-competition/1151625833395/
Biden signs order aimed at improving economy, cutting consumer costs

"Let me be very clear: Capitalism without competition isn't capitalism. It's exploitation."

Wise words from a great man!

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Our greatest president ever! continues to show his greatness, as he cleans up the swamp and eliminates the cruel head of the social security administration:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8a34fa-df99-11eb-a501-0e69b5d012e5_story.html
President Biden on Friday fired Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul, a holdover from the Trump administration who had alienated crucial Democratic constituencies with policies designed to clamp down on benefits and an uncompromising anti-union stance.

Angry advocates say he dawdled while millions of disabled Americans waited for him to turn over files to the Internal Revenue Service to release their stimulus checks — and accused him of an overzealous campaign to make disabled people reestablish their eligibility for benefits.

For their part, unions and advocates for the elderly and disabled cheered Saul’s and Black’s firings. Under Trump, Saul — who attended the University of Pennsylvania with the former president — had proposed what they called radical changes to make it harder for older and disabled workers to be found eligible for disability benefits and blocked access to assistance for non-English speakers. He also tried to increase the frequency of medical reviews to semiannually for disabled people receiving benefits, a proposal Biden blocked.
not only cruel, but an evil racist to boot.

Unions that represent administrative law judges who rule on disability benefits applications were infuriated by a policy Saul instituted to shift adjudications from them to agency attorneys, saying the move eroded their judicial independence and threatened protections for disabled Americans because agency attorneys would lean toward denying benefits.

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-N.J.), who chairs that House Ways and Means oversight subcommittee, said in a statement that Saul and Black had “acted as foxes in the henhouse” with an agenda “to impose cruelty on seniors and the disabled.”

This is also a reminder, that is the republican and christian thing to go after the disabled* and elderly and strip them of there benefits. How dare they expect anything back after paying into social security all those years!

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Want a good laugh? Tune into the Fox sockpuppets trying to convince their audience and each other that President Biden is fearful of Ron DeSantis' "growing popularity."

I can't even type that without laughing.

Il Douche must be incensed; Biden is supposed to be scared of his twice impeached worthless ass.

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Want a good laugh? Tune into the Fox sockpuppets trying to convince their audience and each other that President Biden is fearful of of Ron DeSantis' "growing popularity."

I can't even type that without laughing.

Il Douche must be incensed; Biden is supposed to be scared of his twice impeached worthless ass.

Yes, guy who probably won’t even run again is terrified of Trump’s ball boy.

Reactions: Leeea

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
YAAAAAAAAAAAY for wallstreet and the Top 20% that actually have a sizeable stock investment!!!! YAAAAAAAY!

And fuuuuuuuuuck the bottom 80% amirite? /highfive!
Remember when trump cited the stock market as a sign his presidency was great? Pepperidge farm remembers.

ElFenix is simultaneously calling to point
A) Biden's presidency being good by conservatives' metrics (stock market ratings)
B) the stock market alone is a poor indicator of overall economic health.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm sure that the Taliban thinks that Joe Biden is the greatest US president ever. They probably will have retaken Afghanistan before the end of his first term.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm sure that the Taliban thinks that Joe Biden is the greatest US president ever. They probably will have retaken Afghanistan before the end of his first term.

I'm more concerned with what enlisted and their families think about getting injured or killed for perpetual war, one with a hazy objective. Obama had OBL killed, should have begun a gradual pull out soon afterwards. As long as we fulfill our commitments to Afghan terps who fought honorably (and saved American lives) I don't give a rat's ass what the Taliban think.

Let China come waste money and blood trying to work with Pakistan and religious nutjobs. The Afghan population that grew up without Taliban control is welcome to fight for their rights as well, not like we didn't give them a mountain of funding and training to pick up their own defense at some point.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020

We have been in Afghanistan for 20 years. What ever we were going to achieve has been achieved. At some point, have to stop throwing good men and women away on a hopeless war.

Unless some plan or something shows up to give a better outcome then perpetual war with increasing casualties, it was time to exit.

It takes an exceptional leader to both know when to walk away from a fight, and to retreat in good order.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Let's not also forget that Donald Jessica also pulled troops out of Syria/Iraq and fucked our allies in the process.

Back then conservatives were 100% behind pulling out our troops everywhere. Now it's an about face now a D is president.
Typical.

Personally I think this will likely bite us in the ass long term, but bitch please Trumpers, don't pretend you were against this

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
s0me1 said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAY for wallstreet and the Top 20% that actually have a sizeable stock investment!!!! YAAAAAAAY!

And fuuuuuuuuuck the bottom 80% amirite? /highfive!

Incarnation of dishonesty right here. What a douche bag.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
We have been in Afghanistan for 20 years. What ever we were going to achieve has been achieved. At some point, have to stop throwing good men and women away on a hopeless war.

Unless some plan or something shows up to give a better outcome then perpetual war with increasing casualties, it was time to exit.

It takes an exceptional leader to both know when to walk away from a fight, and to retreat in good order.

Aren't you just a wee bit concerned that Biden is just sitting back and watching what could be the creation of the next ISIS? You would think that we would have learned from our past mistakes here.

Reactions: MadRat

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Who negotiated and signed the deal for us to leave?

what alternative course of action do you propose?