Best Computer Pranks

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: mrCide
Originally posted by: kag
Most of these pranks are funny, but if I were to try them on my roommate, it wouldn't be any fun cuz he always asks me when his computer doesn't work the way it should.

yah, id love to do it at work but im support/network admin.. theyd just come to me crying =\

What's that website that opens your cd drive? It works well for non-computer literate people. Set that as their homepage and watch them flip out and get scared that they have a virus. ;)

BuMMiE

Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Drakkon
create a shortcut on desktop to "shutdown.exe -r -t 10 -f"
Drag shortcut to startup folder in programs
delete shotcut from dekstop
Turn off computer
wait for fun :D

How would you remedy this? Would you have to start up in safe mode?

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
NET SEND <hostname> "Help ! I am stuck in this computer !"

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Hahaha that jello prank was nice :D I'd eat the jello on the keyboard though, Im just weird like that :confused:

SupaDupaCheez

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: HotChic
Originally posted by: mrCide
Originally posted by: kag Most of these pranks are funny, but if I were to try them on my roommate, it wouldn't be any fun cuz he always asks me when his computer doesn't work the way it should.
yah, id love to do it at work but im support/network admin.. theyd just come to me crying =\
What's that website that opens your cd drive? It works well for non-computer literate people. Set that as their homepage and watch them flip out and get scared that they have a virus. ;)

I'd love to have that link too :evil:

SDC