Best Computer Pranks

newb54

Dec 25, 2003
My co-worker and I are having a little prank war in the office. Anyone know any computer pranks I could pull that would really annoy him? It would be nice if it would be reversible after, but not necessary :D

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
what about doin that 'taking a picture of his desktop' thing. then setting it as the background picture, hide all the desktop files....heheheh that'd hella funny!

dum

Oct 11, 2001
put tape on the bottom of his mouse.

took one guy i used to work with 4 hours to figure out that one.

ViperSSD

Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: dum
put tape on the bottom of his mouse.

took one guy i used to work with 4 hours to figure out that one.

did that to a teacher way back in high school, it took him 10 min and then he replaced the mouse.

Bassyhead

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Buttzilla
what about doin that 'taking a picture of his desktop' thing. then setting it as the background picture, hide all the desktop files....heheheh that'd hella funny!

thats a classic

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
Change the keyboard mode to Dvorak mode. Or something like that.

Find out what his favorite webpage is, then edit the host file so that when he tries to access that page, he'll get re-directed to another site (maybe some rape fantasy site).

nd

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sneak up behind him and bash him in the back of the neck with a nearby rock.

Edit: Oh.. computer pranks -- well, do it while he's working at his computer.

Jan 31, 2002
If you have five minutes and a screwdriver:

- Open case
- Short BIOS jumper
- Close case

I've seen "professional" computer stores spend two hours on this before determining that "the motherboard is defective". ;)

- M4H

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
If he's familiar with the blue screen of death, you can get that screensaver, put it on then disconnect his keyboard and mouse before he gets back.

Edit: If his power supply has one of those on/off switches, you can switch it to off. Then no matter how many times he tries to turn his PC on, it won't come on.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Is it a cubicle type setting? Then, get some KB and Mouse extension cables and have one person's kb and mouse controlling the other persons computer. You'd be surprised how long it takes some people to figure out. Otherwise, VNC can be fun.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
create a shortcut on desktop to "shutdown.exe -r -t 10 -f"
Drag shortcut to startup folder in programs
delete shotcut from dekstop
Turn off computer
wait for fun :D

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
You can always go to the control panel and change his mouse to a left handed mouse configuration, then change his fonts to wingding or something like that too. lol

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
I still like setting the mouse double-click speed to the max. Everything still works except all double-clicks have the effect of a single-click. You don't prevent the person from any work but it becomes annoying.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Kenazo
Is it a cubicle type setting? Then, get some KB and Mouse extension cables and have one person's kb and mouse controlling the other persons computer. You'd be surprised how long it takes some people to figure out. Otherwise, VNC can be fun.
Better, install remote admin... and have fun.