Best Buy to cut return policy in half.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mvbighead

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2009
Just waiting for them to go under. It seems every interaction I have with them is just getting worse and worse. Here's a coupon... oh wait, we screwed up and shouldn't have offered that price.
Here's this deal on this car stereo displayed prominently on our website, but we don't have one anywhere, and won't ship you one until 2-3 weeks later. Oh, you want to cancel your order, no problem, the gift cards you used to place your order with take 7-14 days to be refunded.

It's as if everything they do is geared at pissing off their customers. Returns for me have been the lone exception, but I seldom return anything if I don't have to. My last return was out of spite as I was simply tired of having any of my money go there, and I didn't really want the keyboard that went with my tablet after I used it a while. Now that they are making returns worse, I can't seem to think of a good reason to even justify making a purchase there anymore.

If I want it local and now, I see Target or Walmart. Otherwise Amazon, Newegg, among other places.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
I've bought 2 things from BestBuy in the last 5 years.

Samsung LNB40 LCD TV - $599

Panasonic U50 Plasma TV - $599

Both were the same price on Amazon, but I wanted to lug them home myself instead of getting it shipped. Bought them online, went to store to pick them up. Deal minimally with the staff = decent experience.

Yet I feel so dirty.

TrueBlueLS

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2001
I try to only buy items from Best Buy when it's either an exclusive item (Coheed and Cambria's newest CDs come to mind for bonus tracks) or when I know they are not going to make money (the GoPro Hero 3 with the 32GB memory card for $399). I'll echo being sick of not finding items or being badgered to get a warranty.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I prefer HHGregg for large items i'd rather not order, like TV's n such, though their prices are not much better than BB's.