Best Buy Returns

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrEvil

Golden Member
Nov 2, 1999
Gonzo, you're cool. Maybe next time you can keep the flame to a PM.

My point is that I suspect there are intelligent people here who already know that BB does this and it is done year round, not just during the holiday season.

I also happen to think that Hot Deals should relate to a known item(s) or at the minimum, some $$ off or % off at a store. This is neither, it just says to go to your local BB and look for returned items. Heck, you can do that online at Newegg or Crutchfield (or numerous other online stores) and do not even have to leave your house.

Uclagamer_99

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2000
returned two receiptless ps2 games today an got store credit so yeah it works

interestingly enough i only got $39.99 for MGS2 so they must be having a sale on it right now

SpongeBobPalmBay

Nov 9, 2001

THe Melbourne storemarked open boxes returns down only $10 this year...
$199 open box item marked $189... $299 open box item 289... not worth the mess.

wrkalot

Dec 22, 2001
I picked up an open box X-Box for $239 before Christmas. It was in perfect condition. The tape seal had been opened and they couldn't sell it for new. The discount and availability really depends on who you talk with. Some of their people don't even want to talk about open box product or take the time to look. Good luck with BB it is hit or miss with them.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
anyone know the return policy on open items? bought a dvd+rw drive recently, and like an idiot i forgot (seriously, how could i forget the dvd format wars) they couldn't write to dvd-r after buying a bunch of dvd-r's online...

hope i don't get stuck with a restocking fee :(

Jenova314

Dec 3, 2000

<< Remember everyone.....purchases considered "Christmas Presents" at Bese Buy have until the end of January, so if you bought something at the beginning of December and it $%^& on you, you can say it was a Xmas present and enjoy the extended return deadline. >>

is this for the receipt-less returns?